Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I presume Willems is a squad signing? Rotating in when Ritchie is out.

I take it this means the club don't think Lazaar can be used in the premier league?

He's a left back isn't he? How is he a stand-in for Ritchie? We do actually need a left back that being said, but not much point in buying a left-sided version of Manquillo.

I haven't seen Jetro btw, just assuming he's not much good by the reaction of those on here.

Ah, right. I assumed he played left wing back too.

So more of an alternative to Dummet should we play a back 4 then. Fair enough.

The other problem with Carr was that he was more than just a scout and - playing staff excluded - represented about 50% of the entire footballing acumen at the entire club, without actually being cut out for the strategic role he played. Remember him being part of that delegation with a half-cut-looking Joe Kinnear on the way to wherever the fuck it was?

He was key to the model which ensured we would never actually succeed and it was a huge relief when Rafa binned him in favour of (trying to) build a legitimate footballing operation. Christ knows how it's working at the moment but presumably that Nickson bloke is playing a similar role.

Guest neesy111

Clearly aren’t prepared to pay for N’soki.

Yep. Still haven’t learned.

Well, he would be a squad player, so not sure this is the transfer to get upset about.

You're mad.

He’ll be cover for Ritchie.

... one of the first players we would have upgraded on had things been as they should be. I like him a lot but we've known Ritchie's limitations from the moment we kicked off in the Premier League two seasons ago.

Piles upon piles of evidence that we've no intention of progressing yet thousands and thousands and thousands of people continue to put their money into it.

Guest neesy111

What year are we in, Graham Carr is surely back.

Yeap, signing players for the sake of it so we can sell on.

What year are we in, Graham Carr is surely back.

Yeap, signing players for the sake of it so we can sell on.

:thup: Back to that shite. Back to just being a gateway move for players from the continent. Felt like every player we signed during the Pardew/McClaren years were brought in on that pretence; fail to see how it won't have gone back to that now that the actual football man has gone.

... one of the first players we would have upgraded on had things been as they should be. I like him a lot but we've known Ritchie's limitations from the moment we kicked off in the Premier League two seasons ago.

Piles upon piles of evidence that we've no intention of progressing yet thousands and thousands and thousands of people continue to put their money into it.

Was the same in January when we went from Laxalt to Jordan Lukaku to Barreca.

Well, he would be a squad player, so not sure this is the transfer to get upset about.

You're mad.

No, you guys are finding things to get wound up about. It's somewhat entertaining :lol:

The kid is 20 years old and very inexperienced. Not necessarily someone to push the boat out for, particularly as he will be a squad player.

Every club has values they place on players. If there are other options then it's fair enough really.

Rather we go all out for first team players like Joelinton and Saint-Maximin.

Jetro is actually a proper left wing back with a very good delivery from set pieces and crosses.

No Kanji. Apparently he's terrible, and isn't even worth bringing in as a rotational piece.

We don't need a back up for Dummett or Ritchie, we should be signing upgrades.

These type of buys rarely work out profitable either. If they aren't good enough to get in the first team ahead of those two then you can assume he's not very good.

Jetro is actually a proper left wing back with a very good delivery from set pieces and crosses.

No Kanji. Apparently he's terrible, and isn't even worth bringing in as a rotational piece.

I’m living for Ikon seeing this news man. He and I have been Jetro fans for like 5 years lol

A pointless transfer policy. Buying worse than you have already.

Same was said about Fernandez, Ki and even Schaar last summer.

"Buying players off relegated teams! This is terrible! What a farce!"

Come on guys. It's okay to complain and be negative, but at least do it over things that deserve it.

These type of buys rarely work out profitable either. If they aren't good enough to get in the first team ahead of those two then you can assume he's not very good.

Were Fernandez, Ki and Schaar considered upgrades last summer?

Those three at various points contributed massively to the team.

Your premise is all wrong. You don't always buy players better than what you have. Doesn't make sense.

Some players improve your general squad and provide competition.

Were Fernandez, Ki and Schaar considered upgrades last summer?

Those three at various points contributed massively to the team.

Your premise is all wrong. You don't always buy players better than what you have. Doesn't make sense.

Some players improve your general squad and provide competition.

Pardon me for being sceptical, but apparently we were after this guy 5 years ago. In that time how has he progressed? He's 25 now, so not exactly a kid who is likely to get much better.