The old days

Rich

The FA cup game in the late 90s away to Stevenage sticks in my mind. The nation/media wanting a Hereford style giant killing, Dalglish wanting the game switched to SJP for safety reasons which Stevenage used to whip up sentiment against us I.e. big club bullying a small club, their star player Guliano Grazzioli, and us scraping a draw. 

• 1 year later...

On this day in 2002, we came back from 1 nil down to beat the Hammers 3-1 @ sjp. Our scorers on the day were Lua Lua, Robert & Shearer. We had already wrapped up 4th place by then. Hopefully our current stars can emulate those of yesteryear.

4 hours ago, Ameet Shah said:

On this day in 2002, we came back from 1 nil down to beat the Hammers 3-1 @ sjp. Our scorers on the day were Lua Lua, Robert & Shearer. We had already wrapped up 4th place by then. Hopefully our current stars can emulate those of yesteryear.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember seeing Alan Suddick pull down the shorts of a Bury payer at St James, at a free kick.

Can't remember if he was sent off or just booked.

(second season in a row that Bury beat us at home!)

10 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Remember seeing Alan Suddick pull down the shorts of a Bury payer at St James, at a free kick.

Can't remember if he was sent off or just booked.

(second season in a row that Bury beat us at home!)

Bury were our home bogey team then, think he was booked 

19 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

First game was Oldham at home first game of the 79/80. Family enclosure in the West Stand. Won 3-2 Shoulder 2, Withe.

Family holiday at Berwick. Talked my dad into getting the bus back for the match. Then bus back after. Was that a Franz Koenen debut ?