Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Just now, OpenC said:

Where you put yourself stifler? I usually just stand behind the goal they're attacking but most folk prefer sitting in the main stand

I’m in the main stand, a couple of rows back, next to the goal that we are attacking, probably inline with the penalty spot.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

He's posting the scores before the goals even go in on YouTube :lol:. Saw the 6-0, turned back on stream and the ball was just going in, ha.

Sorry, I’ll give it a minute.

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Commentary instantly better now there's two of them rather than just the lass from Cramlington on her own

Yea, I was watching with no sound as the commentary was kinda dire in previous matches.. I turned it on when you said that and it's much better with two for sure.

Huge few weeks coming up for them:

14th Jan - Man Utd (A) in the FA Cup

21st Jan - Forest (H) in the league, one of the 4 better sides in the league

28th Jan - Fylde (A) in the League Cup

4th Feb - Wolves (H) in the league, one of the better 4 sides in the league

11th Feb - Burnley (A) in the league, possibly a title / promotion decider

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Sorry, I’ll give it a minute.

Haha. Na, no worries (for me anyway). It's not like it's a close, gripping, end to end encounter, and the more goals the merrier.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Wolves-Burnley 1-1 currently which could build give a bit of breathing space at the top. 

Would be nice if it stayed that way, or even Wolves getting a winner.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

They’re winning now sadly. 

Aye, looks like that 11th Feb clash will be massive. You forget that about 13 or 14 of the 22 league fixtures will very likely be comfortable wins, a lot of them a case of how many, and there'll only be like 4 or 5 crunch fixtures - if Burnley win at Wolves, that will certainly be one of them for them.

Hopefully the missed pen in our home Burnley match won't prove too costly come the end of the season.

Burnley won 2-1, so the gap remains 5 points (with them having a game in hand), but the GD advantage was extended to +19. Forest won, but it really does look like it will be between Newcastle and Burnley. 

Has there been any word on a match at SJP this season? Having already played Burnley at home, it would have been better to have had either Forest or Wolves, but we play both of those at home in the next 4 weeks, so possibly too early to get it arranged for those matches. 

Edited by Paullow

Really suprised there hasn't been anything announced for a game at St James, they've definitely missed an opportunity to build some momentum there!

In separate women's news (not sure where to put it) Sam Kerr has done her ACL!! Huge blow for her, for Chelsea, and for Australia!!

13 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

Really suprised there hasn't been anything announced for a game at St James, they've definitely missed an opportunity to build some momentum there!

In separate women's news (not sure where to put it) Sam Kerr has done her ACL!! Huge blow for her, for Chelsea, and for Australia!!

Fuck she's had no luck the last year or so