Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

On 18/01/2024 at 08:35, Mag3.14 said:

Is Becky really tall or have we signed another shorty as a keeper? [emoji38] 

From watching a few games getting a tall as possible goalie in would give a huge advantage. Lobbing the keeper from range is common.

16 minutes ago, OverThere said:

From watching a few games getting a tall as possible goalie in would give a huge advantage. Lobbing the keeper from range is common.

I appreciate there's not as big a pool of players to pick from compared to the men's game but I'm surprised this isn't taken more in to consideration tbh.

I pissed myself laughing when someone recommended I tried out in goal just for my school team back in the day yet one quick scroll through squad lists on whoscored.com and I've seen there's at least two goalkeepers in the Super League that have the same declared height as me.. I'm 5 foot 6. :lol:

8 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Women’s team sportswashing their way to the WSL before they’ll get there. Completely and utterly broken this lot.

IMG_0204.jpeg

Aye, They may make it out to be about "sportswashing" but it's the last few words in that sentence that confirms what really irks them, "make it the the WSL before us" [emoji38]

Bit of a test of fortitude for them today after a mauling (no disgrace but a mauling) in the cup; tough home tie in what looks like apocalyptic weather conditions with a couple of new faces on the bench maybe. Might not be an easy one. Anyone heading up?

Edited by OpenC

New keeper about the same height as Grace Donnelly right enough. The reserve (Hannah Reid? Can't remember) definitely the tallest of the three but never gets a look.

Edited by OpenC

Boddy must still be struggling with that injury she's been nursing for a while, unless she's ill / otherwise unavailable. New signing Lumsden on the bench, as well as fairly new signing Gears, so that's like 3 attackers from the 5 subs.

Good finish and good corner too, Tyler Dodds takes better set pieces than most of the blokes despite also spending part of her week as a Taylor Swift tribute act 

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Good finish and good corner too, Tyler Dodds takes better set pieces than most of the blokes despite also spending part of her week as a Taylor Swift tribute act 

Had to Google that reference ?

Not sure who wrote her Wiki but did it need explaining.... 

"Besides playing football, Dodds also works as a singer, performing as 'Tyler Swift' after pop singer Taylor Swift."

3,361 there today. Forest had a really good spell there for about 5 mins, had about 3 corners, hit the bar, and a lot of pressure. 

You obviously want them to win, but at the same time, it is quite nice to see an actual competitive match, instead of it mainly just being a case of how many they'll win by.