Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Huddersfield home game on 24/3 now postponed so presumably that's when this is happening. I think I saw something on the socials earlier that said ticket details tomorrow.

Going to be a long, long day (assuming I get a ticket) :lol:

Edited by OpenC

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Huddersfield home game on 24/3 now postponed so presumably that's when this is happening. I think I saw something on the socials earlier that said ticket details tomorrow.

Going to be a long, long day (assuming I get a ticket) :lol:

The Luton town news page said it will be 23/3. I guess we'll see. 

That would definitely be better (for me at least) so I hope so :thup: just used to them playing on a Sunday now. The original dates I saw were the Easter weekend but I have no idea where I saw them

Edited by OpenC

1 minute ago, NG32 said:

Will they get promoted this season?  How many more promotions do they need?

Will take a monumental Newcastle-esque collapse not to be promoted now.  That'd put them in the second tier which presumably will be a more significant challenge, but my guess is they'll try to spend to get straight up again.

Edited by OpenC

2 minutes ago, NG32 said:

They will 100% get promoted this season to the Championship (Tier 2)

I can see a similar push the season after to get in the (WSL) Top Tier*

*Equivalent to Men’s Premier League 

Probably (my opinion)  as it stands they have a squad good enough for mid table (or slightly higher) in the championship.

Maybe 2 absolute quality additions to get them close to promotion to the WSL.

6 minutes ago, OpenC said:

No, they're leaving it pretty late.  I'm wondering if they're trying to strongarm them into a different venue or something.

If not… Hopefully organising potential free travel…

I hope they change it to Elland Road or somewhere nearer and there are plenty of tickets. We aren't season ticket holders but have only missed 5 home games at KP in 2 seasons but all details / history are with the Falcons so I suspect it will be first come first served.

Promotion must be a formality now and I really believe next year will continue in the same vein. The lasses have really stepped up to the plate and I find it just as entertaining as watching the men, without any toxicity. A great time to support the lasses. 

3 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Since the club took them over they were immediately promoted as champions last season from the 4th 'tier' to the 3rd tier, where they are now. They will be promoted as champions again this season, to the "2nd tier" which (like the mens 2nd Division) is called "The Championship".

Next season I am certain their intention will be promoted again immediately, this time to the top tier which is called "The Woman's Super League" / WSL.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Since the club took them over they were immediately promoted as champions last season from the 4th 'tier' to the 3rd tier, where they are now. They will be promoted as champions again this season, to the "2nd tier" which (like the mens 2nd Division) is called "The Championship".

Next season I am certain their intention will be promoted again immediately, this time to the top tier which is called "The Woman's Super League" / WSL.

Nice, very nice. 

Am i right in thinking there are no spending limits (FFP) in WSL?

2 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I hope they change it to Elland Road or somewhere nearer and there are plenty of tickets. We aren't season ticket holders but have only missed 5 home games at KP in 2 seasons but all details / history are with the Falcons so I suspect it will be first come first served.

Promotion must be a formality now and I really believe next year will continue in the same vein. The lasses have really stepped up to the plate and I find it just as entertaining as watching the men, without any toxicity. A great time to support the lasses. 

Can’t see more than 1500-2000 travelling to Luton 

There will be plenty of tickets available 

Hashtag probably only need 500-700 tickets at a guess 

Guessing the venue was already selected way before they knew the finalists , So won’t change it 

I'm sure 90% of the 1900 from KP will travel regardless and after the semi final at SJP that number will grow massively. It's strange that after selecting Kennilworth Road and announcing details to be released yesterday, that nothing was announced. Add to the fact we outnumbered Burnley by about 10 to 1 at Leyland won't have gone un-noticed. We are the best thing about the National League probably in their history. They will want to make the most of it.

I think the SJP crowd and the trains being off may have surprised them.

yeah, I couldn't believe how many of the KP attendees went to Burnley a few weeks ago.  I was expecting to be part of 20 or 30, there must have been at least 1,000 and probably plenty more.

Burnley was our first away day and my wife loved it. If it wasn't for work I would be going to Stoke on Sunday. It's great that now every weekend is covered by NUFC with both teams. I take my daughter and grand daughter to the men's and my wife to the lasses so I have no guilt trips about being out and spending money. Hate the fact that the men's success is over shadowed by negative social media and I hope the 'I'm a bigger fan than you' doesn't develop out of hand with the lasses.

It's a tremendous time to be a fan of NUFC in general and the sooner the whole fanbase starts to enjoy it what it is the better. It's going to be one hell of a journey on both sides with only one outcome. What a race it will be.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Can’t see more than 1500-2000 travelling to Luton 

There will be plenty of tickets available 

Hashtag probably only need 500-700 tickets at a guess 

Guessing the venue was already selected way before they knew the finalists , So won’t change it 

I think you'll be surprised. There are plenty of exiled Geordies, like me, who used to go to a lot of Men's away matches in London and surroundings but now can't get tickets, who will jump at the chance of a match like this.

Tickets on sale now. Don't hang around if you want one, there maybe aren't going to be many. Looks like just a couple of sections of the main stand for each team.  £10 adults. £2.50 booking

Screenshot_20240301-184703.thumb.png.3a265448243f7036f1f02181bdee5a89.png

I went MEF, there weren't many left by the looks. I guess they might open it up as it sells out like we did but who knows

Edited by OpenC

No, really enjoyed Burnley but I haven't got the time to follow them away on the regular unfortunately, Stoke is just a bit too far off. Will try to get to a few next season though. Also looking forward to this one, early start and late finish aside :)

I wonder if MEG has already been opened as additional for Newcastle given it's not on the instructions but was available

Edited by OpenC

Thanks for the heads up. I've got two in MSD. I'm sure they'll open up more areas when these fill, but it will be good to be in a crowd. 

I really wanted to sit in the legendary away end just to experience the access but didn't want to risk waiting just in case :)

Edited by OpenC

Loved listening to Amber-Keegan Stobbs on PotT. Her story about becoming Newcastle mad after visiting grandparents and uncles/aunties in the North-East reflected my own situation really closely. 

I haven't seen much of the footy if I'm honest but quite enjoying getting to know some of the players. 

Are they gonna annihilate the Championship as well or is there a bit of a jump in quality between tiers 2 and 3?