Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

17 hours ago, OpenC said:

I hadn't come up with a better solution than the Sainsbury one until I booked the hotel :) Hotel has parking but I can't check in until 2, hopefully I can leave my car earlier than that

Can’t recall the street. I know it wasn’t far from Havelock iirc. @geordiesteve710 sometimes has a better memory for these things.

Regardless I’m sure hotel would let you park on arrival providing they have a space available. Might even have your room ready early.

4 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Obviously we have a decent development team also as they're 16 points ahead in their league. Bodes well for the future

It regularly wins multiple goals to nill. The current goal difference is 61. The nearest to that is 23. I think the reason is the other clubs have a first team and then ... sparse (different age teams etc.) They obviously have development teams, or we couldn't play them, but ours is much bigger. It's players seem to be drawn from a clear pool as well ... e.g Park View Academy. Being a north east exile (Cullercoats originally), I am unfamiliar with the set up here but it crops up with players regularly on Twitter. Someone probably knows more.

Edited by Cclay

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Can’t recall the street. I know it wasn’t far from Havelock iirc. @geordiesteve710 sometimes has a better memory for these things.

Regardless I’m sure hotel would let you park on arrival providing they have a space available. Might even have your room ready early.

We parked on Marlborough Street in December. Quiet, wide, reasonably leafy residential street. We parked next to a little pedestrian cut to Lansdowne Road.

20 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

We parked on Marlborough Street in December. Quiet, wide, reasonably leafy residential street. We parked next to a little pedestrian cut to Lansdowne Road.

I knew you’d remember 😆👍🏻 Reminds me did you or your mate pick up my plain B&W scarf from the car boot by accident when dropped off post match? Not seen it since that trip 😕

I couldn't tell whether we could use them or not since it said home fans only and it wasn't immediately apparent whether I was in a home section or not. I'm sure it'll be fine though :)

Not going to be spectacularly well attended by the looks; shame but no surprises I guess given the distance.

Our half of the main stand (blue still available, the 5% furthest left grey ones weren't available for sale)

Screenshot_20240309-182651.thumb.jpg.2fa2e7f938f924835f85e8298b14338a.jpg

And the hashtag half (the 10% furthest right grey ones weren't available)

Screenshot_20240309-182701.thumb.jpg.f9e7b2a78bf35f03289e4835d7a529d2.jpg

Can't even begin to estimate what sort of numbers that represents and can't be bothered to count dots :lol: should be at least as many as were at Burnley though, and that was great :)

WBA are currently beating Burnley, so if the results stay the same then you can realistically say that Burnley will be out of the title race and it would only be down to Newcastle, and Forest.

As other have said, 1-0. Forrest has been called-off due to a waterlogged pitch. Burnley are losing 1-0.

Damn, beten to it by seconds.

Edited by Cclay