Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

23 minutes ago, FCB said:

Bruno Guimarães dreams of one day joining Barcelona!

He has a “Barça clause” included in his extension with Newcastle. 🔓

If Barça wishes to sign him, the clause can reportedly be activated for between €65M-€70M.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1713163636963791186

Months and months of lawyers pouring over the contract and they come up with an obscure buy out clause.

Why the fuck would they pay €70 million when they can pay €65 million ? 

I call bullshit.

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

Months and months of lawyers pouring over the contract and they come up with an obscure buy out clause.

Why the fuck would they pay €70 million when they can pay €65 million ? 

I call bullshit.

I got as far as “dreams of one day“ and  knew it was bullshit. He’s quoted as saying he is already living his dreams plural with Newcastle :indi:

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Bruno Guimarães dreams of one day joining Barcelona!

He has a “Barça clause” included in his extension with Newcastle. 🔓

If Barça wishes to sign him, the clause can reportedly be activated for between €65M-€70M.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1713163636963791186

Why would we sign a contract that puts us in a much worse position than the old one? Did he say "if you don't put a cheap clause for Barca, then I want to leave in january"?

Edited by Erikse

Bruno Guimaraes, 25, has a clause in his new contract at Newcastle United that would allow the Brazil midfielder to join Barcelona for a fee of 65-70m euros (£56.4m-£60.7m). (Sport - in Spanish)

On the BBC’s Sunday gossip column: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/67110906. Presuming we’d have to miss out on Europe, can’t see us agreeing to shite like that.

When a rumor about the contract we literally just signed with Bruno is supposed to get Barca fans all excited, you know it doesn't make sense. We don't do charity for other clubs.

Edited by Erikse

12 minutes ago, STM said:

Another example of Barcelona thinking they can penny pinch because they are Barcelona.

In fairness every story seems to link a player to them - probably nothing to do with them 

Fab keeps saying the clause is £100m. I hope it's not just £100m without any other condition.. Feels like a waste when we can potensially get a little more. Would like to know if there's any other conditions, and also what they are.

I'm not worried about the clause, like. In addition to a club wanting him and bidding that, he also has to want to make the move happen. There's probably only about 2-3 clubs I could see him ever being tempted by, and £100m is a fair fee given he'd likely be 27-28ish by the time that happened. The other midfielders going in the £100m bracket seem to be 21-24ish. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm not worried about the clause, like. In addition to a club wanting him and bidding that, he also has to want to make the move happen. There's probably only about 2-3 clubs I could see him ever being tempted by, and £100m is a fair fee given he'd likely be 27-28ish by the time that happened. The other midfielders going in the £100m bracket seem to be 21-24ish. 

Say we finish outside of Europe. That opens a lot of doors for others.