Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

14 minutes ago, Erikse said:

117 mill euros. It says that many places, including transfermarkt.

Other sources have different numbers but if you want to add him to the list that’s fine. I don’t think including one of the five greatest players ever who defied aging for nearly a decade changes the point.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Sorry what? What’s my post got to do with spending?

The idea that we can't be selling better players in order to spend.  If we sold Bruno, it would hardly be to line the owners' pockets a la Ashley.  We would sell in order to improve the squad - if we sold Bruno for 100m (extremely doubtful) that could fund buying several 100m footballers under FFP.

But apparently that can't be considered, because that is 'Ashley-like thinking'.

Until NUFC's revenues are up with the elites - and based on the adidas and Sela deals, we're not there yet - then of course we'd have to consider selling players.  And we shouldn't act like wet blankets if we do.

56 minutes ago, Erikse said:

117 mill euros. It says that many places, including transfermarkt.

C Ronaldo is one of a handful of players who can effectively self-fund a transfer via additional revenues brought into a club (even one as big as Juve).  It isn't an apt comparison to an excellent midfielder like Bruno who also isn't going to shift the commercial dial much

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

C Ronaldo is one of a handful of players who can effectively self-fund a transfer via additional revenues brought into a club (even one as big as Juve).  It isn't an apt comparison to an excellent midfielder like Bruno who also isn't going to shift the commercial dial much

No that's fair, but he still should've been on that list. That's why I brought him into the discussion.

Edited by Erikse

17 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The idea that we can't be selling better players in order to spend.  If we sold Bruno, it would hardly be to line the owners' pockets a la Ashley.  We would sell in order to improve the squad - if we sold Bruno for 100m (extremely doubtful) that could fund buying several 100m footballers under FFP.

But apparently that can't be considered, because that is 'Ashley-like thinking'.

Until NUFC's revenues are up with the elites - and based on the adidas and Sela deals, we're not there yet - then of course we'd have to consider selling players.  And we shouldn't act like wet blankets if we do.

What you on about? I was making a point about players like Bruno not being happy unless we’re competing in Europe as opposed to finishing 8th.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

What you on about? I was making a point about players like Bruno not being happy unless we’re competing in Europe as opposed to finishing 8th.

No, your second point was.  Your first:

’The Ashley mindset in some of our fans is taking a while to shift mind’

Was a reply to a previous poster saying that we shouldn’t sell players because of FFP, that this would be small time. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, your second point was.  Your first:

’The Ashley mindset in some of our fans is taking a while to shift mind’

Was a reply to a previous poster saying that we shouldn’t sell players because of FFP, that this would be small time. 

To clarify I’m not bothered about FFP. I am bothered about us keeping our best players by matching their ambition.

If you had a choice of Caicedo, Rice or Bruno all at 100m I'd wager most would go for Bruno. City were sniffing around Paqueta at close to 80m, I'd consider Bruno a better fit than Paqueta at City, Liverpool are also massive admirers of Bruno, they were also prepared to pay close to 100m for Caicedo who imo isn't even close to Bruno. 100m is a bargain in these times for a midfielder who has Brunos ability. I read the post about only 9 players being sold for 100m plus, but, you now have to factor in new owners of clubs with bigger war chests, the Saudis, and also there might only be 9 players sold over 100m, but, I think if clubs are looking at players 70m plus they'd still consider it, Liverpool activating Szoboszlai at 70+ I think had Bruno been on the market at 100m they wouldn't have signed Macallister nor activated Szoboszlai release clause. 

Edited by mighty__mag

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

If you had a choice of Caicedo, Rice or Bruno all at 100m I'd wager most would go for Bruno. City were sniffing around Paqueta at close to 80m, I'd consider Bruno a better fit than Paqueta at City, Liverpool are also massive admirers of Bruno, they were also prepared to pay close to 100m for Caicedo who imo isn't even close to Bruno. 100m is a bargain in these times for a midfielder who has Brunos ability. I read the post about only 9 players being sold for 100m plus, but, you now have to factor in new owners of clubs with bigger war chests, the Saudis, and also there might only be 9 players sold over 100m, but, I think if clubs are looking at players 70m plus they'd still consider it, Liverpool activating Szoboszlai at 70+ I think had Bruno been on the market at 100m they wouldn't have signed Macallister nor activated Szoboszlai release clause. 

Every club in the world would want to sign Alexis MacAllister and Mateo Kovacic for the fees they moved for. Pound for £ Man City have signed Mateo Kovacic - Chelsea spend £400M on a midfield and are still shite.

MacAllister and Kovacic are pound for pound great signings. Mateo Kovacic - He's an elite level player, will fit in to Pep's City's midfield.

Bar Man City, every club in the Sky Sports 6 is in a 'transition' season. Man City will dominate this league for next generation - they build foundations with Soriano, Txiki Begiristain - Barca mentality - then made it their focus in employing Pep Guardiola. 

Real Madrid have changed gear when you look at it (last 6year) - the Man U/Chelsea approach of spending £300M every summer is redundant.

Edited by MorganBarasi

33 minutes ago, MorganBarasi said:

For generations we've sold players - now we are in a pure position of Fuck You (FY). 

Want our best player? FY

Not completely accurate, Pep has always said if a player doesn't wish to stay he will never stand in their way. I get that though, Pep demands a lot, and he needs to know everyone pulls in the same direction. 

Don't be alarmed if those FY's fracture with the Saudi landscape set to dominate football, you mentioned generations, I don't doubt City, but the Saudi football grab could change everything. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not completely accurate, Pep has always said if a player doesn't wish to stay he will never stand in their way. I get that though, Pep demands a lot, and he needs to know everyone pulls in the same direction. 

Don't be alarmed if those FY's fracture with the Saudi landscape set to dominate football, you mentioned generations, I don't doubt City, but the Saudi football grab could change everything. 

This is important - something I'd love the FA/Southgate to embrace. Pep Guardiola and Man City are the best team in the world... Chelsea's academy is the best in the world..

Man City/Pep are now heavily influencing English football. Stones-Walker-Foden, but Rico Lewis, James Trafford, Cole Palmer.

England have the equivalent of Spain's La Masia with Chelsea and Man City - and we will throw it away by playing Maguire and Henderson.

40 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I watched Foden play at LB when he was 17 - Pep never loaned him out for a reason. Around Silva/DeBryune/Silva/Kompany/Fernandinho etc.

Sancho is the same school. 

6 minutes ago, MorganBarasi said:

I watched Foden play at LB when he was 17 - Pep never loaned him out for a reason. Around Silva/DeBryune/Silva/Kompany/Fernandinho etc.

Sancho is the same school. 

You're right, with Lewis he is so good he can play multiple positions, they're training them now to do it all, attacking fullback is probably the best position to adapt to multiple positions, I can see how Foden would evolve to where he started to where he is.

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

You're right, with Lewis he is so good he can play multiple positions, they're training them now to do it all, attacking fullback is probably the best position to adapt to multiple positions, I can see how Foden would evolve to where he started to where he is.

Grealish doesn't score Rashforford's goal. 

He gets the ball, cuts inside. Rashford from LW scores goal,

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Vickery on the radio earlier saying he had a stinker against Uruguay.

Trying to get himself dropped so that he can go 100% for Newcastle with Tonali’s impending ban. Great commitment from Bruno 

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Vickery on the radio earlier saying he had a stinker against Uruguay.

Half watched it. They all did, wouldn't say he was noticeably worse than anyone in midfield for Brazil.

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Half watched it. They all did, wouldn't say he was noticeably worse than anyone in midfield for Brazil.

Got the impression Valverde was excellent and ran him ragged?

Just now, LFEE said:

Got the impression Valverde was excellent and ran him ragged?

Valverde, Ugarte and De La Cruz ran all over the Brazilian midfield. Casemiro was rubbish as well but Bruno didn't offer anything when he got on the ball.