sunderland

Big River

3 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

@TeddySAFCwhat would you consider a good season for you guys, obviously promotion would be ideal for yous, but would it be a season too far and would your owners invest to try and keep yous in the Premier League? I’m a Geordie and rivalry aside, I know a lot of people who work for yous at academy/coaching/scouting level as my boy was there for a few years and they are all great people from my experience, obviously I hope yous lose every game, but I’ve said from day one since I started following football I’d rather the top end of the PL was dominated by NE teams.

A good season would probably be midtable but the league is so tight it makes you believe you can possibly squeeze a play-off spot.

I think the new recruitment team and model would stick to what has proved so successful over the last 18 months and wouldn't jump to spending tons of money in fees and wages on players should we go back up.

It would more than likely result is an immediate relegation but we would pocket the parachute payments to continue to grow other areas of the club which should benefit us in the long run. The only other possible outcome if we went up is further investment from a Dreyfus family member or associate if they wanted to give the league a go by staying up.

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

A good season would probably be midtable but the league is so tight it makes you believe you can possibly squeeze a play-off spot.

I think the new recruitment team and model would stick to what has proved so successful over the last 18 months and wouldn't jump to spending tons of money in fees and wages on players should we go back up.

It would more than likely result is an immediate relegation but we would pocket the parachute payments to continue to grow other areas of the club which should benefit us in the long run. The only other possible outcome if we went up is further investment from a Dreyfus family member or associate if they wanted to give the league a go by staying up.

If yous did go up my feelings, unless you seriously invested you’d come straight back down, but like you said the money from that could really benefit the club, it hasn’t harmed Norwich or Watford over the years, although you don’t want to become a yo-yo club. Regarding our rivalry again, I can’t stand some of the shit on RTG/it’s members view points and that’s without bias, but my boy plays in Sunderland and half his team-mates are mackems and they are all sound people, nowhere near like what some go on like over on RTG, if anything they couldn’t give a shit about us and I’m confident the majority of Toon fans in reality are the same about yous, especially now. We are like a mixed Geordie/Mackem family as we spend so much time together, training, matches, social gatherings. Good banter between us all to be honest, without any extreme hatred. Way it should be, yes I want yous to lose and vice versa, but that’s football. I want Man Utd to lose every game, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc. stick around and join in, we are a decent bunch on here!

9 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I'll admit that I thought they would struggle but fair play, they are doing better than that.  Whether that's due to them being better than I thought or the league being poor or a bit of both.

We need the Derby back at some point though 

That league is an absolute mess at the moment.  However, I think it will settle down and you will probably see sunderland bottom half just below middle.  Their best players are the loanees by a proverbial mile.  They have already lost one of them by him going back to Everton.  The Man Utd loanee is streets ahead of anyone else in that league.

Just now, King HTT III said:

If yous did go up my feelings, unless you seriously invested you’d come straight back down, but like you said the money from that could really benefit the club, it hasn’t harmed Norwich or Watford over the years, although you don’t want to become a yo-yo club. Regarding our rivalry again, I can’t stand some of the shit on RTG/it’s members view points and that’s without bias, but my boy plays in Sunderland and half his team-mates are mackems and they are all sound people, nowhere near like what some go on like over on RTG, if anything they couldn’t give a shit about us and I’m confident the majority of Toon fans in reality are the same about yous, especially now. We are like a mixed Geordie/Mackem family as we spend so much time together, training, matches, social gatherings. Good banter between us all to be honest, without any extreme hatred. Way it should be, yes I want yous to lose and vice versa, but that’s football. I want Man Utd to lose every game, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc. stick around and join in, we are a decent bunch on here!

Forums generally bring out the absolute worst of a fanbase, I would say 50% of the SMB are complete knackers who don't represent the fanbase in the slightest. The same on here mind, I have seen some outrageously embarrassing posts about Sunderland from Newcastle fans.

Some of my best mates are Mags, One side of my family are Newcastle season ticket holders.

Just now, Rod said:

That league is an absolute mess at the moment.  However, I think it will settle down and you will probably see sunderland bottom half just below middle.  Their best players are the loanees by a proverbial mile.  They have already lost one of them by him going back to Everton.  The Man Utd loanee is streets ahead of anyone else in that league.

That's simply not true, Diallo is brilliant and he's one of the loanees but not sure which other loanees you are referring to. 

5 minutes ago, 1964 said:

So even if you went up you'd have to either agree a longer loan or replace Diallo just to stand still, which will not be cheap.  Precarious place to be if you do go up

You do realise that's how the loan market has always worked?

FWIW we loaned Clarke in League One who was never a league one player and then made him permanent in the Championship, It was astute business in hindsight.

We wouldn't ever get Diallo permanently, but if we go up it allows us to 'shop' in a better market than a Championship one. We would also possibly have the opportunity to loan Diallo again who would be playing at a higher level which would suit Man United if they wanted him to get further experience.

You can slag Sunderland off for a lot of things but the recruitment in the last 18 months has been fantastic with a clear blueprint of how the club will look to operate moving forward.

Edited by TeddySAFC

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

I'll admit that I thought they would struggle but fair play, they are doing better than that.  Whether that's due to them being better than I thought or the league being poor or a bit of both.

We need the Derby back at some point though 

No we don’t k fuck them .

51 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

You do realise that's how the loan market has always worked?

FWIW we loaned Clarke in League One who was never a league one player and then made him permanent in the Championship, It was astute business in hindsight.

We wouldn't ever get Diallo permanently, but if we go up it allows us to 'shop' in a better market than a Championship one. We would also possibly have the opportunity to loan Diallo again who would be playing at a higher level which would suit Man United if they wanted him to get further experience.

You can slag Sunderland off for a lot of things but the recruitment in the last 18 months has been fantastic with a clear blueprint of how the club will look to operate moving forward.

However you’d have to agree the vast majority of you lot would jump at the chance of millions being pumped in by a Middle Eastern state or USA group ? interesting your timing to join in , welcome , stick around .

19 minutes ago, GWN said:

However you’d have to agree the vast majority of you lot would jump at the chance of millions being pumped in by a Middle Eastern state or USA group ? interesting your timing to join in , welcome , stick around .

What I would say is that I wouldn't turn my back on Sunderland if they has KSA / State ownership but I wouldn't be overly proud about it.

6 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

What I would say is that I wouldn't turn my back on Sunderland if they has KSA / State ownership but I wouldn't be overly proud about it.

Thats pretty much the stance of the 49,000 of the home crowd at SJP . 

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

I have never said otherwise.

Didn’t say you did I’m just stating a fact “ most” Sunderland fans seem to twist to suit their moral agenda all of a sudden . 

On your home crowds , why do the vast majority fuck off on 75 mins ? [emoji38]

Also can you explain the rubbish swirling around the pitch at most matches? 

Most people from Hebburn have been well aware about Chris Rigg these last few years - quite a senior debut for him!

He and his Da are black and whiters so hopefully he'll end up here - huge future ahead of him!

Just now, Chris_R said:

Everyone is so on the defensive now with a stray mackem floating about. :lol:

Cut him a bit of slack unless he does something silly.

He’s being asked some relevant questions, we are playing very nice , nothing like the utter drivel /vile abuse the RTG wankers dish out [emoji38] 

9 minutes ago, GWN said:

Didn’t say you did I’m just stating a fact “ most” Sunderland fans seem to twist to suit their moral agenda all of a sudden . 

On your home crowds , why do the vast majority fuck off on 75 mins ? [emoji38]

Also can you explain the rubbish swirling around the pitch at most matches? 

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? [emoji38]

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

I mean, that is absolutely the opposite of a 'fact' but hey ho..

Well the social media reaction suggest I'm right. It's the first time I've seen Sunderland fans get something trending on twitter this season with the winning at Hillsborough isn't for everyone patter (even though they also beat you there this season [emoji38]) and RTG went into overdrive.

You signing up straight on here sort of reinforces my point as well but anyway, you'll be made welcome regardless and only you can change that. We aren't like those on your board. We have a proud record of zero convicted nonces on here for a start conpared to RTG's 3 for a start!

Welcome.

I love how whenever a mackem comes on here it's like when a lass drops into an online game full of 13 year old lads trying to play it cool, who then inevitably immediately lose the plot. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Well the social media reaction suggest I'm right. It's the first time I've seen Sunderland fans get something trending on twitter this season with the winning at Hillsborough isn't for everyone patter (even though they also beat you there this season [emoji38]) and RTG went into overdrive.

You signing up straight on here sort of reinforces my point as well but anyway, you'll be made welcome regardless and only you can change that. We aren't like those on your board. We have a proud record of zero convicted nonces on here for a start conpared to RTG's 3 for a start!

Welcome.

I mean, I did sign up and post months ago, but whatever suits your agenda..