Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Tripps left for dead there. Unusual. 

Was always an issue for him when he played for us. Lovely player, great going forward but against the top sides defensively he’d get burned from time to time.

It’s a reminder of just how well Howe has done to get the results he has out of this group of players.

It also shows you just how much they’ve played out of their skins - but the Spurs and Man City away games (and Liverpool at home if we’re being honest should’ve been a similar score line) are evidence that we’re light years away at present in terms of quality. 

6 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

The funds spent by them you can’t expect much less than this result but we’re better than 12 teams in this league.

Disagree with this, although I’ve not watched too many games this year. 

Controversial opinon but... we should be grateful we are even the Premier League. It's not Eddie's fault, he's worked a miracle, the players are crap. I'm excited and looking forward to the summer transfer window. Hopefully the higher ups recognise we don't need a makeover. I'd be happy with a complete refresh, 8 new players please barkeep, the fact we've not got relegated with these clowns is a godsend.

7 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Saw this damning stat. We haven’t won in the last 27 league games against the traditional top 6. 0 wins, 5 draws, 22 losses. Aggregate of 72-17.

How many of those were under Bruce? 20? Under Howe, we should have beaten Man U and came close at Chelsea away. These are only glimmers and we're still miles away, but let's count the positives. The summer transfer window should be another big step forward.

8 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Disagree with this, although I’ve not watched too many games this year. 

I'm not sure which point you were replying to, but it annoys me if we don't make the opposition work for their goals. The second and third goals were really poor from a defensive point of view.

I also disagree that we're better than 12 squads in the league for what it's worth.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure which point you were replying to, but it annoys me if we don't make the opposition work for their goals. The second and third goals were really poor from a defensive point of view.

I also disagree that we're better than 12 squads in the league for what it's worth.

This, like with the season it usually balances itself out.

Anyone pissing after yesterday's result needs to calm down and remember where we were 6 months ago. I'm going to end up hating half of our fanbase if we become remotely successful and lose a game. 

Some set up off the pitch down there, but feel they’ve had success to quickly and often. The place should have been bouncing but I think they take it a bit for granted these days. 

Evolution not revolution is def the way forward and I think we’ll savour it all the more when our time comes. The journey is probably going to be the most exciting part and if it takes 5 years plus to be competitive at the top end who gives a fuck.

Losing 5-0 is never a good look and I can't really spin any positives out of the performance, just that Tripps and Wilson got a run out and we actually looked a bit better going forward for it.

Final whistle I felt kinda flat, then just remembered where we were at Christmas and my mindset instantly changed. We've came a long way in a very short time and done what we had to do.

We can all go into the summer dreaming about what could be for a change.

City's journey is at its peak, ours has barely started.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah, it was the second point - I didn’t think you were better than 12 teams.