General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

15 hours ago, LFEE said:

Wasn’t the reason I was arguing that STH’s should be able to share their opinions on ballots. I’ve already given an example of a family of 3 match goers where the two Members couldn’t attend yet the STH could so argued surely he could speak for all 3?

However saying as you brought it up. Don’t forget STH did pay for memberships without choice for the option. There was never an opt out option to save money. Was just a way of charging more at the time with little although occasionally handy benefit at the time.

Now they’ve removed the option they didn’t reduce the price of the STH after reducing its benefits. They put the price up by around 15%. They maybe could’ve allowed STs to join the ballot at a cost (£37). The fact you can’t get a chance to legitimately take someone of your choosing I argue is harsh. I understand the club just want the “individual/guest” to each have their own membership so they can know who’s attending etc for stats but what I’m suggesting doesn’t minimise the chances for Members getting a match day ticket. Probably would’ve lead to less memberships being bought and a clearer picture overall ironically of demand.

That like I say would be to discuss for a different workshop.

You are right STH did pay for memberships without choice. At the time we also got massively discounted ticket prices thanks to price freezes stretching for longer than a Decade, compared to what members had to pay game by game. Also had the usual perks like our seats guaranteed as well as first dibs on away tickets (plus things like discount on food/drinks in Shearer's) so I don't think the deal was as raw as you make out.

Still doesn't change my opinion that every supporter should only be allowed to buy 1 seat. If you have a season ticket you already have your seat, and shouldn't be allowed to buy an additional one to give to someone else.

Agree there should definitely have been STH present at the workshop but attendance wise I think it probably should have been weighed more towards members, but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Can’t believe this is still being debated, anything which isn’t expanding the stadium or building a new one is re arranging deck chairs on the titanic. 

Of course, but whichever one of those two options gets chosen, that’s well down the line. They can’t just ignore the situation in the meantime.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Of course, but whichever one of those two options gets chosen, that’s well down the line. They can’t just ignore the situation in the meantime.

So then it’s a case of choosing who will lose, we could also get a move on with the first option too. The mouthy lad Sir Jim has been there for two minutes and he’s already cap in hand speaking about stadiums and asking for money. 

I think ultimately, no matter what is chosen a lot of people will be unhappy, basic tweaks as side (you should be able to choose your seat if your buying at ballot for example) should be done, other than that it’s as good as it’s going to get until we increase capacity. 

Im not sure gate keeping memberships and putting a cap on who can support the team is the way forward at all, we are trying to grow our fanbase not shrink it. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

So then it’s a case of choosing who will lose, we could also get a move on with the first option too. The mouthy lad Sir Jim has been there for two minutes and he’s already cap in hand speaking about stadiums and asking for money. 

I think ultimately, no matter what is chosen a lot of people will be unhappy, basic tweaks as side (you should be able to choose your seat if your buying at ballot for example) should be done, other than that it’s as good as it’s going to get until we increase capacity. 

Im not sure gate keeping memberships and putting a cap on who can support the team is the way forward at all, we are trying to grow our fanbase not shrink it. 

Yes, I think most people realise the current discussion is about choosing the least worst option, rather than the best.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, I think most people realise the current discussion is about choosing the least worst option, rather than the best.

Absolutely, I think the least worst in my view is the one which is the fairest aka gives the most people the most chance. 

maybe something like tiered membership is the way to go as you mentioned but i sincerely hope we make sure we have the capacity in future to get rid of such a thing, we really don’t want to limit our growth by gate keeping newer fans. 

We need a new stadium sadly, but that’s a whole other discussion :lol:

There weren't too many ticketing complaints last season despite the same problems existing with demand far outstripping supply so I'd say that the ballot and randomly being allocated a seat in a stand has been pretty much a disaster for the majority.

And that's before we even go into how much the atmosphere has suffered this season because of it.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

There weren't too many ticketing complaints last season despite the same problems existing with demand far outstripping supply so I'd say that the ballot and randomly being allocated a seat in a stand has been pretty much a disaster for the majority.

And that's before we even go into how much the atmosphere has suffered this season because of it.

They limited memberships last season without warning, so demand didn't outstrip supply to anywhere near the same degree. Well it did, but lots of people simply didn't have a way to buy a ticket for nearly an entire season. 

37 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

They limited memberships last season without warning, so demand didn't outstrip supply to anywhere near the same degree. Well it did, but lots of people simply didn't have a way to buy a ticket for nearly an entire season. 

The people who wanted to get in most last season, generally got in though. They either got in quick for a membership or bagged one of the 500 that went on general sale.

Nowadays it's a complete free for all where somebody with a membership for 10+ years has exactly the same chance as an away fan signing up a few weeks before the match and applying. That can't be right and we've seen an increase in away fans sat in home areas this season as well.

That's on top of not being able to select a preferred stand to sit in anymore and the dangerous situation that's occurring at away games when NUFC fans are being made to walk all the way around to the other side of the stadium, through crowds of home fans, some who won't be particularly friendly, to pick up a new ticket at the home teams ticket office because their own ticket was purposely designed to fail.

No, I can't think of any way that this seasons ticketing arrangements have been an improvement on last seasons.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

The people who wanted to get in most last season, generally got in though. They either got in quick for a membership or bagged one of the 500 that went on general sale.

The membership thing last season was completely unfair to anyone who couldn't get to the first few games. I was still in London then but if I'd known they were going to do that I'd have bought a membership straight away.

If they are going to limit memberships then fine (I am also v unhappy about the idea of away fans sitting in home end) but they would need to be more transparent about it and couldn't get away with that trick again anyway as everyone would know to get in a lot quicker. 

People can still pretty much guarantee themselves a ticket for each game if they're persistent enough in the resale. I know this because I've done it myself any time I've been unsuccessful in the ballot. 

Not being able to choose the area you're in is a real issue that affects atmosphere and they need to do what they can to rectify that, I'd agree. As I said on previous pages, if their systems are capable of then surely they can put rules in place that consider people's preferences and ensure there aren't unfair situations where people fail in the ballot again and again. 

I don't think they'll go back to the old system, so people can argue for that until they're blue in the face but energy is probably better spent on making this system fairer and less negatively impactful on atmosphere, imo. 

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

As much as you disagree with the option, it helped that STHs could buy an extra ticket or more as it was going to more committed fans desperate to go. All the friends who got my spares previous season I knew were going to support the team and not just play on their phone or sit in silence.

I get the “it shouldn’t be down to who you know line” but ironically the reversal of that is STHs played quite a vital role in ensuring a lot of those tickets went to the “right” kind of fan at face value last season. Similar to the current issue with away tickets. So it can’t be argued wrong for home games yet right for away games to help atmosphere and get the “right” fans in…

Membership was always limited, it wasn't just done last season.

Even under Ashley they were only on sale for a short while, it just made more impact as the demand to buy last season was huge.

1 minute ago, patrone said:

Membership was always limited, it wasn't just done last season.

Even under Ashley they were only on sale for a short while, it just made more impact as the demand to buy last season was huge.

Fair enough, wasn't aware of that cheers :thup:

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

The membership thing last season was completely unfair to anyone who couldn't get to the first few games. I was still in London then but if I'd known they were going to do that I'd have bought a membership straight away.

If they are going to limit memberships then fine (I am also v unhappy about the idea of away fans sitting in home end) but they would need to be more transparent about it and couldn't get away with that trick again anyway as everyone would know to get in a lot quicker. 

People can still pretty much guarantee themselves a ticket for each game if they're persistent enough in the resale. I know this because I've done it myself any time I've been unsuccessful in the ballot. 

Not being able to choose the area you're in is a real issue that affects atmosphere and they need to do what they can to rectify that, I'd agree. As I said on previous pages, if their systems are capable of then surely they can put rules in place that consider people's preferences and ensure there aren't unfair situations where people fail in the ballot again and again. 

I don't think they'll go back to the old system, so people can argue for that until they're blue in the face but energy is probably better spent on making this system fairer and less negatively impactful on atmosphere, imo. 

I was unsuccessful in the ballot for Liverpool and PSG and no amount of trying got me a ticket on resale for either of those so it's certainly anything but guaranteed. Getting 2 together for me and the bairn using resale would be nigh on impossible I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

What's the trick to the resale by the way because I've not had a whiff and I check morning, afternoon and night daily. :lol:

57 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was unsuccessful in the ballot for Liverpool and PSG and no amount of trying got me a ticket on resale for either of those so it's certainly anything but guaranteed. Getting 2 together for me and the bairn using resale would be nigh on impossible I'd imagine.

I got 2 together in the resale for Liverpool. Same for Forest. Every time I've just needed one ticket I've managed it. There are loads available in the few days before the game. Maybe it's just my method but I'm not doing anything v complicated, just hitting refresh for 5 mins a few times a day til I get one. 

53 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What's the trick to the resale by the way because I've not had a whiff and I check morning, afternoon and night daily. :lol:

Ah as above mate, just refresh for like 5 mins a few times a day til you get one. The few days before the game are the easiest as that's when STHs generally realise their plans change. 

The 2 times I did manage pairs when I needed them were at funny times mind (6am and about midnight), maybe cos they didn't get snapped up so quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Ah as above mate, just refresh for like 5 mins a few times a day til you get one. The few days before the game are the easiest as that's when STHs generally realise their plans change. 

The 2 times I did manage pairs when I needed them were at funny times mind (6am and about midnight), maybe cos they didn't get snapped up so quickly. 

That doesn’t sound great for the mental health but fair play to you for trying so hard for tickets. Fantastic effort. Guessing most people don’t have the luxury (for want of a better word!) to spend so much time refreshing in the hope one pops up.

Days nearer the game usually best as the returns from sponsors, players, STH start getting dumped on the system. Along with I suspect those on sale at inflated prices on secondary websites that have had no bites…

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That doesn’t sound great for the mental health but fair play to you for trying so hard for tickets. Fantastic effort. Guessing most people don’t have the luxury (for want of a better word!) to spend so much time refreshing in the hope one pops up.

Days nearer the game usually best as the returns from sponsors, players, STH start getting dumped on the system. Along with I suspect those on sale at inflated prices on secondary websites that have had no bites…

Yeah I honestly don't think I've devoted that much time to it generally - it's tedious but maybe half an hour a day the week leading up to the match? And just when I get a spare few mins and it crosses my mind. 

I didn't specifically try at 6am or midnight cos of better chances, I was just awake and it occurred to me to try then. It is tedious and frustrating as you'll miss out on plenty by seconds, but I just treat it like life admin that's about as useful as mindlessly scrolling here :lol: