Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

1 hour ago, gdm said:

No. It’s all speculation.

since the deal got done it’s been reported £2m, £3m, £4m, £6m, £8m, £10m and £12m 

Heard it from someone who has good sources. Doesn't make it 100%, but his sources are usually way more reliable than the average speculative media outlet (due to his job).

David Ornstein, who is as good as it gets, says that it contributed significantly towards our PSR deficiit, which was apparently around £50-60m. I doubt £3m would count as a significant contribution. The only reasonable sources I've seen give an actual figure has been £10m - £12m.

Man Utd fans have convinced themselves we got around £3m because of a joke made by Toon Polls that a large Man Utd twitter page didn't get and shared, which then spread. No one with an credibility of any kind has suggested it's been that low.

Edited by healthyaddiction

Probably will come out one day. I heard £6m +£3m +£3m each window over the period of what would’ve been his contract. I would’ve thought £9m minimum.

I think now he's been replaced the actual amount we got for him is largely irrelevant. The vacuum he created when he fucked off was far more of an issue and the frustration was because we had no-one in place AND no pot of cash in the way of compensation, it was the shitty end of the stick. Now Mitchell has come in, who seems to be as good, if not better, than Ashworth in some areas the compensation amount feels a bit moot now. Not that arsed if it's 12.4, 7.8, 4.2 or anything like that really, at this point it's just posturing and ego driven drivel. I think we're up on the deal in a big way and that's all that matters to me personally