Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Plenty of posts today. Just nothing to say on Sir Dan. We either get him for cheap or wait a year and get him for nothing while you pay him millions. 

Probably working for us now anyway. :bluestar:

No issues ,we can afford the millions.
You guys cannot afford a new roof or Dan Ashworth.

:bluestar:

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Plenty of posts today. Just nothing to say on Sir Dan. We either get him for cheap or wait a year and get him for nothing while you pay him millions. 

If he is, he’s doing a fuckin brilliant job ain’t he? :lol: couldn’t be any more of a shambles at Man Utd 

33 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Froggy went a wumming 

Edited by Dancing Brave

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

If he is, he’s doing a fuckin brilliant job ain’t he? :lol: couldn’t be any more of a shambles at Man Utd 

Give that we've just won the FA Cup, I'd say it could be a lot more of a shambles. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Give that we've just won the FA Cup, I'd say it could be a lot more of a shambles. :lol:

Hmm well given that you just touted that cup winning mangers job around about 4 or 5 different managers before reluctantly going back to him coz no one wanted the job then I’d respectfully have to disagree. 

Just now, gdm said:

Hmm well given that you just touted that cup winning mangers job around about 4 or 5 different managers before reluctantly going back to him coz no one wanted the job then I’d respectfully have to disagree. 

That's not what happened though. :lol: his job depended on the cup. He knew it. We all knew it. No managers were approached after that final. 

Any club in that position would be sending feelers out to make sure a plan is in place, it's just seemingly impossible for us to keep a lid on things. 

As I said earlier, we'd be called amateurish if we sacked him without a ready replacement. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

That's not what happened though. :lol: his job depended on the cup. He knew it. We all knew it. No managers were approached after that final. 

Any club in that position would be sending feelers out to make sure a plan is in place, it's just seemingly impossible for us to keep a lid on things. 

As I said earlier, we'd be called amateurish if we sacked him without a ready replacement. 

Would you not consider it amateurish to base a decision on whether to keep him on the outcome of one game where anything could have happened over 90 minutes? So now he wins a one-off game and everything is sound?

Not sure I believe that but ok. Reports are Jim met with Tuchel last week :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/09/thomas-tuchel-will-not-be-next-manchester-united-manager/

11 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Would you not consider it amateurish to base a decision on whether to keep him on the outcome of one game where anything could have happened over 90 minutes? So now he wins a one-off game and everything is sound?

Not really. Sometimes it can come down to a single game. Fergie's future came down to one game as well. 

Ten Hag has shown he's a winner. He's delivered two trophies in two seasons. Back him in the summer, get the three main positions sorted, and see how he goes. If we're still conceding 20 shots a game he's gone by November provided we're not playing Jonny Evans and Disco at centre back again due to an injury crisis. 

Not really. Sometimes it can come down to a single game. Fergie's future came down to one game as well. 

Ten Hag has shown he's a winner. He's delivered two trophies in two seasons. Back him in the summer, get the three main positions sorted, and see how he goes. If we're still conceding 20 shots a game he's gone by November provided we're not playing Jonny Evans and Disco at centre back again due to an injury crisis. 

I remember the Forest game in 90. Crazy to think about what may have happened over the following years had that game gone wrong on the day.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I remember the Forest game in 90. Crazy to think about what may have happened over the following years had that game gone wrong on the day.

If that's not proof Ten Hag is the new Fergie then I don't know what is. 

If that's not proof Ten Hag is the new Fergie then I don't know what is. 

Think we both know Fergie would have told them to fuck off if the touted his job around :lol:

Just now, gdm said:

Think we both know Fergie would have told them to fuck off if the touted his job around :lol:

They absolutely would have been looking at replacements though this is the thing. In those days you would have never known. No twitter journalists leaking everything. 

They absolutely would have been looking at replacements though this is the thing. In those days you would have never known. No twitter journalists leaking everything. 

Theres looking for replacements and there is actively speaking to other candidates. You can dress it up any way you want they’ve handled this and treated Ten Hag appallingly 

you are massively deluded if you think Ten Hag would still be there if Tuchel, De Zerbi, poch or Southgate wanted the job 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Theres looking for replacements and there is actively speaking to other candidates. You can dress it up any way you want they’ve handled this and treated Ten Hag appallingly 

you are massively deluded if you think Ten Hag would still be there if Tuchel, De Zerbi, poch or Southgate wanted the job 

You're deluded if you think those four didn't want the job. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're deluded if you think those four didn't want the job. :lol:

:lol: your head is in the cloud man. you think ten hag’s job was dependent on winning the FA cup yet Man Utd spoke to more than 1 manager (likely at least 4)  after they won the FA cup. You are miles oot 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

:lol: your head is in the cloud man. you think ten hag’s was dependent on winning the FA cup yet Man Utd spoke to more than 1 manager after they won the FA cup. You are miles oot 

I mean, I said he'd stay and was laughed off of the forum. :lol: Froggy always knows big chief. 

I mean, I said he'd stay and was laughed off of the forum. :lol: Froggy always knows big chief. 

I said he would too as Southgate was the only likely option and waiting till after the euros would take too long.

as I said to begin with absolute shambles. They wanted rid and they’ll quickly want rid again after an inevitable bad run of form. 

Ashworth was placed on garden leave in February this year after confirming his intention to leave the club to join Manchester United, after just under two years in-post. It is likely that Ashworth’s garden leave period will continue until 2025 unless an agreement is made between the competing Premier League teams.

Despite Ashworth’s short-lived but senior role for Newcastle United, it is likely he would have gained vast amounts of confidential information about the club’s tactics, players, management, and structural techniques including the development of his own expertise on which players to sign in the next transfer window in July.

In these circumstances, it is no surprise that Newcastle United has sought to place Ashworth on a long period of garden leave so as to protect the club and confidential information from potentially falling into a competitor club’s hands.

But it has been reported that Ashworth accidentally emailed himself at his current employer, Newcastle United, containing details of the secret negotiations with Manchester United.  This is alleged to have disclosed details of the terms on which he joined Newcastle from his former employer, Brighton & Hove Albion.  Newcastle says this is a serious breach of confidentiality and bad faith by an existing employee.

Law Article

What a vile little cunt he is. I am delighted we found out now rather than let the odious prick build more foundations here.

He is well suited with that corpse cunt Sir Jim. Wonder if he will have his begging bowl out to the tories to see if they’ll pay to buy Ashworth off us?

9 hours ago, Danh1 said:

What a vile little cunt he is. I am delighted we found out now rather than let the odious prick build more foundations here.

He is well suited with that corpse cunt Sir Jim. Wonder if he will have his begging bowl out to the tories to see if they’ll pay to buy Ashworth off us?

Rimming Rishi’s hoop to get taxpayer funds that will allow Snide Dan to create The Kew Gardens of The North 

Edited by bobbydazzla