Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Charlotte will almost certainly get tickets via either her media contacts (she is friendly with all of the journos) or it's feasible that TF get access anyway as media or just on TF's season tickets.

Or she has contacts in corporate. Via my work situation, I've been able to get tickets for Milan and Sheffield with via the corporate ballot. There is a much smaller separate ballot (I think around 100-150 tickets) for corporate clients. You can put any 2-4 names in the corporate away ticket ballots (depending on the game), as long as one of the names is tied to the corporate account.

And there's also "player tickets". Players get an allocation of tickets for every game, including all away games. Usually these are in some low-grade corporate seats, but sometimes they're in the main away end. So I guess she could have contacts there with a player or player's family.

I guess my point to all of this is, why does it matter? She's clearly a big supporter so why does it matter?

My daughters a big supporter. I can't just pass my pals ticket on to her

So basically if you've got more money or involved with the media you deserve a ticket ahead of the rest and the system is in place for this to happen.

I thought the new system was put in place to reward loyalty and stop people passing their tickets on

Yet its still alright for certain sections of the support to be doing this.

Not really fair is it.

Edited by jack j

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

So basically if you've got more money or involved with the media you deserve a ticket ahead of the rest and the system is in place for this to happen.

I thought the new system was put in place to reward loyalty and stop people passing their tickets on

Not really fair is it.

Not a single bit of loyalty thought about while they squeeze every last drop of morale from supporters veins

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Not really fair is it.

Precisely this if True Faith have had multiple season tickets and been able to attach them to named people fair enough, if they’re all under True Faith and their general admission tickets, well then they should be no different to Simon and his like who run busses and appear to have been targeted by club at away games for id checks.

The difference is these media whores at True Faith will not get ID checked which is completely wrong.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Not really fair is it.

Yeah that's fair. To play devils advocate, let's break it down though.

HOSPITALITY: As I said, corporate allocation only amounts to around 100-150 tickets I believe and one of them has to go to the named contact on the hospitality contract (and the others have to be named at the time of entering the ballot... you can't change names after that point). Whether you believe that that's fair is up for debate, but I can see it from both sides. A corporate client will be spending £45k a year with the club... is it not OK that they get one or two extra perks for that? I don't know the right answer, just playing devil's advocate. It's not unusual in any business for people who spend more being offered little extras, is it.

PLAYERS: Players get either 2 or 4 for every game... I think it's fair they can give them to anyone they want. They are the ones we pay to see at the end of the day.

MEDIA: I don't know the deal for media. I assume that they get a media pass for home games at a minimum. I know years ago they'd get a +1 for away games too, but don't know the rules now.

GENERAL ADMISSION: The vast majority of the away ticket allocation. People absolutely were abusing the system to build their loyalty points (I have a friend, for example, who has accrued tonnes of points but never actually attended an away game themselves). Limiting it to the named ticket holder in theory makes it fairer for everyone else with a season ticket. However, in doing so, it makes it unfair for others and locks out some regulars who were never the named holder. For me, wouldn't it make more sense to allow "named ticket holder +1"? Perhaps that's the best of both worlds.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's saying it's a perfect system. I'm more defending Charlotte if she has in fact got a ticket via the other means. Not her fault is it.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

It’s beyond frustrating. Been sat refreshing for nearly two hours trying to get tickets for tonights game. 

If you've been refreshing for two hours but haven't had the "we're denying you access to this page because we think you're a bot" screen yet, then you're in for a treat when that happens

It's the cherry on the top of a steaming pile of shite

1 minute ago, Bellis80 said:

If one person can give someone else their ticket then everyone should be able to.

Why? Its clear this season that the lower points totals are giving more people the ability to attend, whereas tickets previously were hoarded at the much higher points totals. 

Just now, Walton17 said:

Why? Its clear this season that the lower points totals are giving more people the ability to attend, whereas tickets previously were hoarded at the much higher points totals. 

Because its utterly ridiculous that should someone have the audacity to be ill or heaven forbid something else like suddenly working that their ticket should remain empty due to a pathetic rule saying it cant be used?

3 minutes ago, Walton17 said:

Aye and well end up with more situations like Brighton where there's empty seats all over cos the ones with lower points have paid 30 quid for a point not to attend

10 minutes ago, Walton17 said:

If that’s the way to get more people in then fine, but you can’t have one rule for corporate/players/media and another for season ticket holders.

I’m fairly sure all the people being described as hoarders or touts were just getting their mates tickets. I understand that caused some people an issue but they’re being seen as bad guys when it wasn’t like that really.

Edited by Bellis80

8 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

If that’s the way to get more people in then fine, but you can’t have one rule for corporate/players/media and another for season ticket holders.

As I've already said, the corporate/players/media is the tiniest minority of tickets, and once a name is on a ticket (even the hospitality ones) they can't be changed.

And put yourself in a hospitality clients shoes... for £45k (minimum) per year, would you not expect a little perk here or there? Of course you would. Of course you should. Of course people who are spending that amount of money should be allowed access to away tickets, considering you earn no loyalty points from being a hospitality client. Spend that amount of money every year and not earn points... of course they should be allowed to access away tickets somehow.

The problem is solely with the current rule for general admission. As Matty said above, the right answer is to possibly give a cap on how many times you can transfer an away ticket (maybe 3?). If you don't use it, you don't get the points.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

I agree with getting more people to away's who were 'locked out' albeit with some Jonny come latelys who are naturally jumping on the bandwagon now that we're good again.  

But it's important the club don't exclude good loyal fans from being able to flex, hence the solution of removing the loyalty point at the point of transfer to another 'member/supporter' number.  Limit the amount of times it can be done per season, much like the ability to transfer a home ticket 10 x per season and it then won't be open to exploitation.  

At the moment, if you're ill, you've used your season ticket to go, paid for travel, you simply can't, without risk of losing your ST, give it to a mate to use.  Unless you're corporate or have a true faith ticket...which is absolutely mental.   Happened to my mate at the weekend.  He simply wouldn't pass it to anyone else due to fear of randomly being checked.  So he lost out on the price of the ticket, and his train ticket.

And don't get me started on tickets being issued 'invalid', rocking up, scanning it in, and then having to traipse to the away grounds box office.  

Separately, blaming the Trust is wrong by the way (I've seen people point fingers that way, and as we know Greg is open and honest with us about things) - its very much a club decision this, influenced by a 'ticketing forum' with fans being represented by some morons - Burnsie being one of them. 

2 hours ago, Bellis80 said:

Think it matters because as you say corporate, media and players can all pass tickets on to whoever they want but a normal season ticket holder can’t. She clearly goes all the time and should be able to but a lot of people in the same situation can’t go now because of the changes.

I appreciate the point you are trying to make (as anyone who knows me knows I’ve always tried to help people out from far and wide on here along with day to day friends) however by the letter of the law there’s been no real changes as such. It’s always been the T&Cs for decades the purchaser of the ticket should be the one going to the game. That’s why they have to offer full refund if you can’t attend within a fair timescale. They are simply trying to enforce it more so they have a truer picture of who wants/is going to the games as well as increase income via more memberships.

So in theory these alleged avenues she might be using have been available whereas those who feel they are missing out actually strictly shouldn’t of been. They’ve just benefited from knowing someone with a ST or even a ST with points which is just a different kind of nepotism.

Edited by LFEE

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Because its utterly ridiculous that should someone have the audacity to be ill or heaven forbid something else like suddenly working that their ticket should remain empty due to a pathetic rule saying it cant be used?

I've got every sympathy with anyone who's shelled out a fortune on travel etc and then genuinely can't make it but couldn't anyone just make an excuse when they had no intention of ever going and only wanted to help someone out?

26 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I've got every sympathy with anyone who's shelled out a fortune on travel etc and then genuinely can't make it but couldn't anyone just make an excuse when they had no intention of ever going and only wanted to help someone out?

Ah yeah thats the spirit, to hell with anyone genuine in case somebody else abuses it, far better for some to lose out a fortune than anyone scoring for it.......

2 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

I agree with getting more people to away's who were 'locked out' albeit with some Jonny come latelys who are naturally jumping on the bandwagon now that we're good again.  

But it's important the club don't exclude good loyal fans from being able to flex, hence the solution of removing the loyalty point at the point of transfer to another 'member/supporter' number.  Limit the amount of times it can be done per season, much like the ability to transfer a home ticket 10 x per season and it then won't be open to exploitation.  

At the moment, if you're ill, you've used your season ticket to go, paid for travel, you simply can't, without risk of losing your ST, give it to a mate to use.  Unless you're corporate or have a true faith ticket...which is absolutely mental.   Happened to my mate at the weekend.  He simply wouldn't pass it to anyone else due to fear of randomly being checked.  So he lost out on the price of the ticket, and his train ticket.

And don't get me started on tickets being issued 'invalid', rocking up, scanning it in, and then having to traipse to the away grounds box office.  

Separately, blaming the Trust is wrong by the way (I've seen people point fingers that way, and as we know Greg is open and honest with us about things) - its very much a club decision this, influenced by a 'ticketing forum' with fans being represented by some morons - Burnsie being one of them. 

As mentioned, corporate tickets can’t be transferred to other people once they’ve been purchased either. And I’m not sure what you mean by “True Faith” tickets.

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Ah yeah thats the spirit, to hell with anyone genuine in case somebody else abuses it, far better for some to lose out a fortune than anyone scoring for it.......

If you are ill you can get a refund/credit for your match ticket or transfer to a friend if a home game. Same with trains and most accommodation if you use book wisely.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As mentioned, corporate tickets can’t be transferred to other people once they’ve been purchased either. And I’m not sure what you mean by “True Faith” tickets.

Wouldn’t be so sure on that although i do hold my hands up in having no experience with corporate tickets for decades. I always thought the idea of a corporate ticket would be a representative of the company would take one ticket and would be held responsible of the actions of their guests which would likely be different game by game. Not much benefit to the company/holder if you can only wine and dine the same customer every game. Hardly good for their business. They surely take different people per fixture home and away?

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

If you are ill you can get a refund/credit for your match ticket or transfer to a friend if a home game. Same with trains and most accommodation if you use book wisely.

Nobody is talking about home games for a few pages now....... 

5 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Nobody is talking about home games for a few pages now....... 

Same applies for away games. Trains and accommodation can be refunded/credited or amended if book wisely and the club will refund or credit your away ticket if you return it.

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

Same applies for away games. Trains and accommodation can be refunded/credited or amended if book wisely and the club will refund or credit your away ticket if you return it.

Some aren't as wonderful and wise as you unfortunately. But aye fuck them 

14 hours ago, LFEE said:

Wouldn’t be so sure on that although i do hold my hands up in having no experience with corporate tickets for decades. I always thought the idea of a corporate ticket would be a representative of the company would take one ticket and would be held responsible of the actions of their guests which would likely be different game by game. Not much benefit to the company/holder if you can only wine and dine the same customer every game. Hardly good for their business. They surely take different people per fixture home and away?

I’m talking about the hospitality away ticket ballot. Once you enter that ballot and say the names of the people who might be attending, should you win tickets in that ballot, you can’t change the name on the tickets from the ones you entered with.

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m talking about the hospitality away ticket ballot. Once you enter that ballot and say the names of the people who might be attending, should you win tickets in that ballot, you can’t change the name on the tickets from the ones you entered with.

Which is still basically what I’m saying (ability to rotate names each game rather than the same for the whole season) and if so probably ends the argument stone dead. It’s a legitimate way for different people to go during a season on company/corporate tickets.