Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

11 hours ago, SteV said:

With the current demand for tickets there would be absolute hell on if they started giving tickets away to schools. However worthy the sentiment.

you’re probably right but that tells you all you need to know when theres hardly been hell on about Ashley’s ownership, the current ticketing debacle or anything really. A lot of self interest above our collective interest. 

it’s another point but we’re a pretty apathetic fan base overall (c Rangers v Mike Ashley as a comparison)

On 01/11/2023 at 08:27, SteV said:

With the current demand for tickets there would be absolute hell on if they started giving tickets away to schools. However worthy the sentiment.

Our grassroots club acquired 3x adult and 3x child tickets for arsenal. 

Randomly picked 3 kids in the youth teams to go with a parent.

This is what is supposed to happen. 

Yes I know it’s difficult to get tickets. But giving kids opportunities like this is priceless.

15 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Our grassroots club acquired 3x adult and 3x child tickets for arsenal. 

Randomly picked 3 kids in the youth teams to go with a parent.

This is what is supposed to happen. 

Yes I know it’s difficult to get tickets. But giving kids opportunities like this is priceless.

Yeah, I think even the most frustrated of fans (well, most of them) would probably accept those kind of numbers are completely inconsequential in the grand scheme, and should obviously continue to happen. 

It’s if a story came out about a school, youth club or whatever, getting, say 50 tickets, you’d start seeing meltdowns.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

People complaining about kids being given tickets? :lol:

Well no this is just a hypothetical discussion really, but I don’t doubt they would be if there was significant numbers involved (suppose everybody has there own interpretation of what significant is).

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

People complaining about kids being given tickets? :lol:

Aye thats why they changed the away System as well

Didnt want kids to benefit from being passed tickets on from seasoned goers because the 0 pointers deserve to go more

Sarcasm apart, as per, the support was outstanding. What a time to be watching NUFC. 

For my part I've just reached the nadir of my 50 years supporting the Toon. 

Yes, folks, I've just watched a whole AdamP vlog

Was, actually, canny 😂😂😂😂😂

50 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Sarcasm apart, as per, the support was outstanding. What a time to be watching NUFC. 

For my part I've just reached the nadir of my 50 years supporting the Toon. 

Yes, folks, I've just watched a whole AdamP vlog

Was, actually, canny 😂😂😂😂😂

He’s a bit like an annoying cousin - does your head in but you want the best for him really.

It’s amazing how he’s done so well with his banal takes and naive discoveries”right guys this hotel has a hairdryer”. But  fair play to him he’s carving out a career which allows him to travel round watching nufc. 

Away end did sound good on the tele thankfully.

Seen a video recorded by that John Sinclair of the third goal and his hand is so still it resembles a brain surgeon. How anyone could stand there like that is beyond me. 

49 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

He’s a bit like an annoying cousin - does your head in but you want the best for him really.

It’s amazing how he’s done so well with his banal takes and naive discoveries”right guys this hotel has a hairdryer”. But  fair play to him he’s carving out a career which allows him to travel round watching nufc. 

46 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Away end did sound good on the tele thankfully.

Seen a video recorded by that John Sinclair of the third goal and his hand is so still it resembles a brain surgeon. How anyone could stand there like that is beyond me

In Pearson's footage there's a kid with a plakka pint glass, he does canny as well 😂😂😂🍻

53 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I just hope he has a long term plan. Once he's no longer regarded as a child he's going to lose any sort of 'charm' (I think that's the right word...) and people will start switching off.

30 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I just hope he has a long term plan. Once he's no longer regarded as a child he's going to lose any sort of 'charm' (I think that's the right word...) and people will start switching off.

Surely he'd just then become what that Tyneside Life bloke has become. Not sure if he does very well or not as these blogs aren't really my thing and I don't tend to watch them.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Surely he'd just then become what that Tyneside Life bloke has become. Not sure if he does very well or not as these blogs aren't really my thing and I don't tend to watch them.

No chance. The intelligence gap is far too big.

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too. 

Just now, Adam P said:

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too

As was falling down the steps at the pool

2 hours ago, Adam P said:

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too. 

Nowt like self deprecation Adam mate ;-)

So my cousin happened to be stopping in the same hotel in Dortmund as all of the club entourage - Amanda, Mehrdad, Eales, Silverstone, Shola….

Basically spent Monday night in the bar with them (and managed to get all his drink put on the club tab by telling the bloke behind the bar he was with the club, but we’d best gloss over that 😬😂). He chatted to all of them and said they all came across really sound, but from what I can gather his conversations weren’t of any particular note.

However, he said that the morning after he was talking to another fan who was also staying there, who said that he’d asked Eales about the away ticketing ‘checks’ and Eales supposedly said that they were going to stop them after Bournemouth.

Now obviously I’m reporting this about fourth hand through a haze of German beer at all stages, and I’ve no context to what’s supposed to ‘stop’, so clearly don’t take it as gospel. But there you go.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

So my cousin happened to be stopping in the same hotel in Dortmund as all of the club entourage - Amanda, Mehrdad, Eales, Silverstone, Shola….

Basically spent Monday night in the bar with them (and managed to get all his drink put on the club tab by telling the bloke behind the bar he was with the club, but we’d best gloss over that 😬😂). He chatted to all of them and said they all came across really sound, but from what I can gather his conversations weren’t of any particular note.

However, he said that the morning after he was talking to another fan who was also staying there, who said that he’d asked Eales about the away ticketing ‘checks’ and Eales supposedly said that they were going to stop them after Bournemouth.

Now obviously I’m reporting this about fourth hand through a haze of German beer at all stages, and I’ve no context to what’s supposed to ‘stop’, so clearly don’t take it as gospel. But there you go.

Be interesting to see what happens. Mebbes Brian Blessed or Charlotte have struggled to get a ticket and had a word [emoji38]

Really the club should have an open debate on how to move forward and also be transparent about how ballots work and the number of tickets given to corporates / employees etc.

I can see arguments both sides for the new away system to be fair. I know a few lads who've been able to go to away games and actually increase their points tally (obviously slightly) this season already, rather than someone with 1/200 getting pointless points.

Also know lads who missed out because those getting them a ticket are scared of losing points. 

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

Edited by ponsaelius

17 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

There's no room for common sense in this debate!! Seriously think this is a great suggestion.

Cant see them stopping it now tbh like. Know a lad who's dad has lost all his. (280 odd points) cos he gave his ticket to his daughter who was over from Australia for Brighton away.

They have tried all ways to get the club to speak to them and they won't have any of it