Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yep. Everyone who stayed away knew the score.

I just don't see (other than season tickets) loyalty being taken into consideration beyond become Memers and being in the same bracket particularly with the numbers involved. 

Best ones are the uberfans staking a cliam to "legacy" status because they've hardly missed a game "since the takeover" without a hint of irony. 

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd sooner get shot of the Ashley happy clappers with season tickets who went for their grand day out, for new supporters tbh. Should do what the French did after the war with Collobarateurs, shame them. 

Agreed, i feel most for those ST holders who gave them up in protest to Ashley and are now in the lucky dip with the rest of us, they made the ultimate sacrifice really for the good of the club.

Strip the ST holders who stayed and give them to the ones who walked i say.  

Joking not joking :cheesy:

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Best ones are the uberfans staking a cliam to "legacy" status because they've hardly missed a game "since the takeover" without a hint of irony. 

Could easily argue it was more loyal not to go before the takeover though. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You could, but we know how this argument plays out, and we’ve all had our fill of that, thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tbf only things stopping me jumping on that particular bandwagon was my snide TV, beer fridge and puuure lazyness 😜

I started going in 76 with my dad and then with my school mates. Bought a ST in 92 during the promotion season which was unbroken until 4 years into Ashley’s ownership. My grandad took ill and as I was the closest relative I packed in my job to look after him. subsequently the ST went.

After his death I retrained but my new job involved a lot of nights and weekend work so a ST wasn’t an option. Luckily I had a mate at the club who could sort me tickets when I could make it.

Last season I took up membership hoping to get my foot back in the door. It worked out fine, I only missed out on 2 or 3 games I applied for. This season who knows? Frankly it’s depressing the hell out of me 

Aye I don’t want that argument, but it does illustrate how it’s a very difficult point in our history to start rewarding loyalty. 

I’m not sure what happened to my online account, I think the earliest transaction on there is 2020. Not sure if I created a new account or what, I can remember some registration stuff going on. 

Also got zero loyalty points because every away game the points have gone to someone else for buying the ticket. 

But I have ticket stubs from the CL campaign in 2002 :lol:

It’s quite difficult to judge loyalty really. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Aye I don’t want that argument, but it does illustrate how it’s a very difficult point in our history to start rewarding loyalty. 

I’m not sure what happened to my online account, I think the earliest transaction on there is 2020. Not sure if I created a new account or what, I can remember some registration stuff going on. 

Also got zero loyalty points because every away game the points have gone to someone else for buying the ticket. 

But I have ticket stubs from the CL campaign in 2002 :lol:

It’s quite difficult to judge loyalty really. 

Aye I've got 4 from that run and every home game from the UEFA run the season after, I think I should have priority for European tickets over those who didn't go. ;)

I reckon loads of season tickets will become available in the coming seasons when the likes of Joe Bloggs old £450 ticket on his Mike Ashley super saver deal becomes a £800/£900 one. I know a few long term season ticket holders who've said they'll call it a day if/when their season ticket price drops in line with the current match by match prices.

The ballot system isn't really the problem here. It's not perfect but under the present circumstances, with a "small" stadium & legions of fans from the last 30 years trying to get back in, it's probably the least worst option.

The fuck up is how they have come up with the seating arrangements and this is what needs to be reversed. Is it really going to take losing matches at home, and a mute atmosphere playing a part in that, to make them see the error of their ways?

Even under the ballot system I think people will find a way to attend matches. But there's little they can do about the club deciding where they sit.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye I've got 4 from that run and every home game from the UEFA run the season after, I think I should have priority for European tickets over those who didn't go. ;)

Unless you were sat with the home fans in Antwerp, wearing a toon shirt, are you even a fan

😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's someone I work with who'd rarely went to games, bought his first ever season ticket summer 2021 admitting it was on the off chance Ashley sold up that season. 3 months later he hit the fucking jackpot. 

Why did he buy it specifically then? The takeover was looking way more promising at other points before summer 2021

38 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

‘Even when we were certain to be relegated (alongside being the richest club in the world)…’

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The ballot system isn't really the problem here. It's not perfect but under the present circumstances, with a "small" stadium & legions of fans from the last 30 years trying to get back in, it's probably the least worst option.

The fuck up is how they have come up with the seating arrangements and this is what needs to be reversed. Is it really going to take losing matches at home, and a mute atmosphere playing a part in that, to make them see the error of their ways?

Even under the ballot system I think people will find a way to attend matches. But there's little they can do about the club deciding where they sit.

My thing with the seating thing is I don't know how it'd translate in a ballot? Say there's so many in The Corner and 3,000 who've been lucky enough to win in the ballot want those few hundred seats. You're in the same position where loads aren't going to get their preference?

Then do you have the palava of those who won in the ballot but didn't get the place they want, given the option of giving up on their ticket and having countless re-sales until everyone is happy with their seat? At least this way everyone knows the craic and is in the same boat. 

58 minutes ago, Sima said:

I've still got the same supporter number as I've ever had.

To show you how long I've been a ST for in the past my number is under 30000.

Sorry i mean if people didnt renew and later got season ticket when bew system came in

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

My thing with the seating thing is I don't know how it'd translate in a ballot? Say there's so many in The Corner and 3,000 who've been lucky enough to win in the ballot want those few hundred seats. You're in the same position where loads aren't going to get their preference?

Then do you have the palava of those who won in the ballot but didn't get the place they want, given the option of giving up on their ticket and having countless re-sales until everyone is happy with their seat? At least this way everyone knows the craic and is in the same boat. 

The craic is that the atmosphere will be pitiful. That is unacceptable.

The answer is simple. You enter the ballot to get a chance to access the ticketing queue, which will only have the 15k who won the ballot. Its basically a way of whittling down the queue to only 15k people. And then you select your seat in the way that you always have done.

16 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The craic is that the atmosphere will be pitiful. That is unacceptable.

The answer is simple. You enter the ballot to get a chance to access the ticketing queue, which will only have the 15k who won the ballot. Its basically a way of whittling down the queue to only 15k people. And then you select your seat in the way that you always have done.

That sounds way too complicated for our ticket team.

Edited by JackieDoor

26 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

That sounds way too complicated for our ticket team.

I mean, it's about as simple as you can get. The club provide two links. The first to access the ballot, and then the second link to access the queue.

Edited by Wandy

23 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I think you’ve got too caught up in the specific issue of Haydn’s mates gall bladder.

He’s just used it as an illustration of the principle of allocated seats being unsuitable for some people

It could equally have be an 80 year old with a dodgy hip and bad eyesight being lobbed in level 7, it could be a 6 year old being scared shitless amongst the radgies in Strawberry Corner and so on and so on

Thats the point that‘s being made 

Theres already unhappy people who are posting in here who were successful in the ballot, but been given seats they would never have chosen to pay £44 for 

This isn’t not about loyalty, or working hours, or gall bladders, or entitlement 

Its about people attending an event in a stadium being able to select an available seat that suits their personal preferences and budget 

Which is standard industry practice 

It would make sense to offer successful ballot applicants a ticket in a particular area/areas 1st. Those offered can then take it or leave it. Seems the way it is people are "stuck" with tickets in unsuitable or inaccessible areas.