Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Much easier to get tickets by having a large collection of friends who are ST holders who can't make the odd game. 

Look at Mr. Friends over here

2/10 for me; always solo; always category 2. I don't yearn to be there like I did once upon a time so it doesn't bother me like it does others, but obviously accept that it's an imperfect system. 

Applied for 5, got 1. I think I applied category 2 for the first 3 and then category 1 after that to see if it increased my odds, no idea if it did or not, probably just luck. Stopped applying after the win as I can only afford to make the trip up once a season at most. Will definitely be buying another membership and entering again next year if the ballot system remains. My situation means that I can wait it out knowing that eventually I'll win one of the 19. Appreciate it's a different story for those trying to get to every game mind 

I can't recall what my ratio was tbh - applied for maybe three quarters of the games and reckon I was successful 40-50% of the time. Any time I was unsuccessful I was able to get ticket(s) in the resale with borderline (or not so borderline) autistic levels or persistence. 

One of the lads put this together for our group:

Here’s your NUFC membership wrapped for 23/24 season ??

Ballots won: 4 (Burnley, Palace, Milan (only two tickets), Bournemouth)

Ballots entered (assuming we did all PL and UCL games) = 22

That means success rate of 18% ? ? 

Last year for refefence we attended 22 games, which I think is all. Maybe one carabao missed. 

Membership fee 23/24 = £37 - up from £35
Ticket fees paid for 4 games 23/24 = £196
Our Average cost per ticket = £49 (up 40% from last year, from £35.10 - yes I looked at how much we paid for every ticket last year)

Membership fee as average per 
game successful 23/24 = £9.25

Total average cost per ticket 23/24 = £58.25

Membership fee as average per game successful 22/23 = £1.59
Total average cost per ticket 22/23 = £36.69

Choice of seat 23/24 = 0%
Choice of seat 22/23 = 100%

10 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

One of the lads put this together for our group:

Here’s your NUFC membership wrapped for 23/24 season ??

Ballots won: 4 (Burnley, Palace, Milan (only two tickets), Bournemouth)

Ballots entered (assuming we did all PL and UCL games) = 22

That means success rate of 18% ? ? 

Last year for refefence we attended 22 games, which I think is all. Maybe one carabao missed. 

Membership fee 23/24 = £37 - up from £35
Ticket fees paid for 4 games 23/24 = £196
Our Average cost per ticket = £49 (up 40% from last year, from £35.10 - yes I looked at how much we paid for every ticket last year)

Membership fee as average per 
game successful 23/24 = £9.25

Total average cost per ticket 23/24 = £58.25

Membership fee as average per game successful 22/23 = £1.59
Total average cost per ticket 22/23 = £36.69

Choice of seat 23/24 = 0%
Choice of seat 22/23 = 100%

That's pretty damming that mind. Not renewing mine and the bairns for next season. Haven't applied for a game since before Xmas but until then had a reasonable success rate. Excellent in the family enclosure but poor for Cat 2. Unfortunately I don't like Level 7 so not really keen on the family enclosure and really hate not being able to at least select a stand to be in, let alone a seat so for that reason I'm out.

I think membership numbers will drop off next season. It's awful value and a poorly thought out package.

On 24/04/2024 at 21:58, Wallsendmag said:

That's pretty damming that mind. Not renewing mine and the bairns for next season. Haven't applied for a game since before Xmas but until then had a reasonable success rate. Excellent in the family enclosure but poor for Cat 2. Unfortunately I don't like Level 7 so not really keen on the family enclosure and really hate not being able to at least select a stand to be in, let alone a seat so for that reason I'm out.

I think membership numbers will drop off next season. It's awful value and a poorly thought out package.

You say damming but if you apply the maths 4-5 games would’ve been the expected return. Any more than 5 a bonus really. Split the £37 into 4-5 and add it to each ticket and it seems ok value. It’s if you only if your success rate is 0-3 then the value doesn’t look great. Still have the access to the re-sale market which helps also but an absolute pain. As is the lack of block/seat choice in the ballot.

33 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You say damming but if you apply the maths 4-5 games would’ve been the expected return. Any more than 5 a bonus really. Split the £37 into 4-5 and add it to each ticket and it seems ok value. It’s if you only if your success rate is 0-3 then the value doesn’t look great. Still have the access to the re-sale market which helps also but an absolute pain. As is the lack of block/seat choice in the ballot.

Resale is decent if you only want 1 ticket. If you want 2 together I've found it impossible. Family section seems the best bet for ballot success but I don't like sitting up there and the only Cat 2 success I've had was v Man City in the League Cup.

I've tried it this season (not since Xmas) and it's not really for me, hence I'm not bothering next year.

Was at the game yesterday and noticed on the electronic ad boards something called "The Mag" membership and was coming soon, does anybody know anything about that? Is that what it is now?

I’m fortunate enough to sometimes get two tickets through graft in 1892 but if the resale is open to GS I’ll ditch the membership as even if I do win, I’ll just get bumped to L7 anyway.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Was at the game yesterday and noticed on the electronic ad boards something called "The Mag" membership and was coming soon, does anybody know anything about that? Is that what it is now?

Think it's the public transport offer.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Resale is membership only.

Only forwarding is to free accounts.

Thought so. Thanks for confirming ??

Bagged a resale for Brighton earlier so that’s me finished buying tickets for 23/24

Final tally is….

21 home games (I didn't try to get tickets for Bournemouth & Man Utd)

Bought 43 tickets (I have access to a few memberships) and got to every game apart from the 2 when I wasn't available

So that means 22 tickets were passed on to friends or to help out people from N-O

It’s an absolutely rancid system but fortunately I've learned how to play it and was happy to help others if I could

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Bagged a resale for Brighton earlier so that’s me finished buying tickets for 23/24

Final tally is….

21 home games (I didn't try to get tickets for Bournemouth & Man Utd)

Bought 43 tickets (I have access to a few memberships) and got to every game apart from the 2 when I wasn't available

So that means 22 tickets were passed on to friends or to help out people from N-O

It’s an absolutely rancid system but fortunately I've learned how to play it and was happy to help others if I could

I can put up with the Ballot, equal chances and all that (unless you "invest" in multiple memberships. But hate the resale. Mindlessly clicking refresh for hours. It seems to prefer faster operating systems/browsers and the number of "seat not available" or "seat not available at the price selected" messages are tedious and the resale system very definitely gives Bots a greater success rate.

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I'm worried in case they change the resale system cos much like bobbydazzla I've been able to get tickets for every game I didn't win the ballot for. 

Can I ask what method you use? Ive tried different browsers etc but always seems to be beaten to the click! Ive only managed 3 resales this season and two were on match day.