Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

But this achieves nothing, you make something more convoluted for what reason exactly?

you sell a “membership” that is really just a £40 tax to allow absolutely anyone (fan, tout, tourist who’s visiting the city, away fan etc) to join at any point in the season and to all have a completely equal chance of buying a ticket for any game in general sale

for what reason exactly ? 

Edited by bobbydazzla

22 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

you sell a “membership” that is really just a £40 tax to allow absolutely anyone (fan, tout, tourist who’s visiting the city, away fan etc) to join at any point in the season and to all have a completely equal chance of buying a ticket for any game in general sale

for what reason exactly ? 

That is precisely what others club do, so sure we could not do it but unfortunately FFP dictates we have to. 

Ultimately as fans we are mere custodians for the next generations who’s job it will be to preserve it for the generation after them, it’s why the gate keepers who want to restrict everything and create artificial hoops irk me. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

That is precisely what others club do, so sure we could not do it but unfortunately FFP dictates we have to. 

Ultimately as fans we are mere custodians for the next generations who’s job it will be to preserve it for the generation after them, it’s why the gate keepers who want to restrict everything and create artificial hoops irk me. 

I don't know why you're bothering, tbf. This will be seasonal rinse repeat. 

To some extent it's, genuinely, just tough shit. 

A bunch of supporters who had unlimited access to games because we were shit haven't got that anymore because we're not shit. 

Wrong place, wrong time, unfortunately. 

Obvs the lucky barstewards with ST have won the lottery 😂 and fair play to them. 

The rest of us are in the mix. People need to really get a grip of their burgeoning disdain for "tourists". This is the way it is now. 

Welcome to capitalism 2024

7 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I don't know why you're bothering, tbf. This will be seasonal rinse repeat. 

To some extent it's, genuinely, just tough shit. 

A bunch of supporters who had unlimited access to games because we were shit haven't got that anymore because we're not shit. 

Wrong place, wrong time, unfortunately. 

Obvs the lucky barstewards with ST have won the lottery 😂 and fair play to them. 

The rest of us are in the mix. People need to really get a grip of their burgeoning disdain for "tourists". This is the way it is now. 

Welcome to capitalism 2024

Don’t get me wrong I’m perfectly happy for everyone to have different positions, it’s apart of life but i would prefer if they were honest about the intentions of the positions taken. If you want to restrict membership to increase your own chance of getting ticket just be honest about it. It’s just annoying because if you draw a ven diagram of people who don’t want a new stadium and want to restrict memberships it’s a worryingly large cohort. :lol:

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m perfectly happy for everyone to have different positions, it’s apart of life but i would prefer if they were honest about the intentions of the positions taken. If you want to restrict membership to increase your own chance of getting ticket just be honest about it. It’s just annoying because if you draw a ven diagram of people who don’t want a new stadium and want to restrict memberships it’s a worryingly large cohort. :lol:

Unlimited memberships available all season isn't a membership though. It's just an entry fee for accessing the ballot and resale

I was in Lisbon recently when Sporting played Benfica. Top of the table local derby that would probably decide the title. I'd have loved to have gone and experienced that game

Tickets only on sale to members. Memberships were still on sale and I would have bought one if it gave me a chance of getting a ticket

But the restriction was that you had to have held a membership for 6 months to get a ticket for that game

Was that frustrating for me ? Yes. But it meant as a tourist with no allegiance to Sporting I couldn't get a ticket and potentially deprive a genuine Sporting fan from getting to the game

NUFC had none of that in place last season. Joao the Sporting fan visiting Newcastle for the weekend had just as much chance of a ticket as Joe the lifelong NUFC fan who applies for every game. As long as they were both willing to pay their £40 membership

And the same principle applied to touts, away fans and anyone else who just fancied checking out a game. That's why we need some sort of restriction, not to limit tickets to a select few thousand members

And I bought multiple tickets for every home game last season, so I'll be fine if they keep the same system. I don't have an agenda in trying to increase my chances

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Unlimited memberships available all season isn't a membership though. It's just an entry fee for accessing the ballot and resale

I was in Lisbon earlier this year when Sporting played Benfica. Top of the table local derby that would probably decide the title. I'd have loved to have gone and experienced that game

Tickets only on sale to members. Memberships were still on sale and I would have bought one if it gave me a chance of getting a ticket

But the restriction was that you had to have held a membership for 6 months to get a ticket for that game

Was that frustrating for me ? Yes. But it meant as a tourist with no allegiance to Sporting I couldn't get a ticket and potentially deprive a genuine Sporting fan from getting to the game

NUFC had none of that in place last season. Joao the Sporting fan visiting Newcastle for the weekend had just as much chance of a ticket as Joe the lifelong NUFC fan who applies for every game. As long as they were both willing to pay their £40 membership

And the same principle applied to touts, away fans and anyone else who just fancied checking out a game

So what? You are basically asking for Purity tests as you want to restrict memberships. As I’ve explained basically every club in the league has a membership whereby it’s a pre requisite to be a member to buy tickets. Personally speaking I’m against that fans should be able to buy tickets without this additional tax. 

Truthfully, if our matches weren’t sell outs every week would you feel the same way? You wouldn’t care right because why would you?

I think lobbying for a stadium which can accommodate all fans regardless of being a lifetime supporter or not is something we can both get behind in this case ;)  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

So what? You are basically asking for Purity tests as you want to restrict memberships. As I’ve explained basically every club in the league has a membership whereby it’s a pre requisite to be a member to buy tickets. Personally speaking I’m against that fans should be able to buy tickets without this additional tax. 

Truthfully, if our matches weren’t sell outs every week would you feel the same way? You wouldn’t care right because why would you?

I think lobbying for a stadium which can accommodate all fans regardless of being a lifetime supporter or not is something we can both get behind in this case ;)  

No. I'm not asking for a purity test. I don't even know what that means

And of course we wouldn't care about tickets getting into the hands of genuine fans rather than touts / tourists / away fans if we didn't sell out every week

That's like going into the kit thread and telling them they wouldn't feel the same way about Adidas designs if we were still with Castore

Edited by bobbydazzla

Been mentioned before, and maybe it was more down to lack of interest, but memberships were always "capped" in a way as they were only on sale for a set amount of time.

imo it is better to have this on sale period, say until the end of August, than to have them available all season long, as hopefully that would help deter the "away" fans and touts.

As for the ballot, a lot of people, on here as well as in general, started last season saying how much better and more fair the new system is, and that slowly changed to the point most thought it was crap. 

Being selfish I'd hope they went back to the old stickman at 10am Thursday, but that's not going to happen [emoji38]

36 minutes ago, patrone said:

Been mentioned before, and maybe it was more down to lack of interest, but memberships were always "capped" in a way as they were only on sale for a set amount of time.

imo it is better to have this on sale period, say until the end of August, than to have them available all season long, as hopefully that would help deter the "away" fans and touts.

As for the ballot, a lot of people, on here as well as in general, started last season saying how much better and more fair the new system is, and that slowly changed to the point most thought it was crap. 

Being selfish I'd hope they went back to the old stickman at 10am Thursday, but that's not going to happen [emoji38]

image.thumb.png.0b2d0bbc4996de9928d9eca202a0ddb3.png

Miss this gadgie. 

I think it was Kieran Maguire who said recently that clubs were moving towards reducing the number of season rickets as they were more interested in the day trippers as they would spend more money in the shop and ground.

10 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Memberships either out on Friday or more info dropping then

Be interesting to see what the extra cost is for "Mags+" and what it gets you, to take Spurs as an example their plus option is a tenner more, extra 24 hours access to tickets, vouchers and a spot on the ST waiting list 

18 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Be interesting to see what the extra cost is for "Mags+" and what it gets you, to take Spurs as an example their plus option is a tenner more, extra 24 hours access to tickets, vouchers and a spot on the ST waiting list 

One of the first things I noticed too!

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

One of the first things I noticed too!

Might link to whatever new media channel they launch too

Hopefully we get some day one #content 

44 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Be surprised if it’s anything directly related to ticketing, but not necessarily a bad thing if it is.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but not sure I like the thought of different tiers. Especially if it’s better chance of tickets if you pay more. 

The spurs version if anyone thinks we may follow this model 

One Hotspur+

£55

Additional 24-hour ticket access  

Season Ticket waiting list position 

£20 Retail Voucher  

£15 Visitor Attractions Voucher  

Access to One Hotspur Member Lounge for 3rd party events  

Club and partner offers and discounts

One Hotspur

£45

Priority ticket access

£15 Retail Voucher  

£10 Visitor Attractions Voucher  

£10 discount on annual SPURSPLAY Subscription

On 07/06/2024 at 10:26, bobbydazzla said:

No. I'm not asking for a purity test. I don't even know what that means

And of course we wouldn't care about tickets getting into the hands of genuine fans rather than touts / tourists / away fans if we didn't sell out every week

That's like going into the kit thread and telling them they wouldn't feel the same way about Adidas designs if we were still with Castore

1. Sing the Blaydon races 

2. Take a penalty 

3. Name the all the FA cup winning captains 

4. Give ten reasons why you hate Jurgen klopp

5. Help move leazers terrace brick by brick 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

The spurs version if anyone thinks we may follow this model 

One Hotspur+

£55

Additional 24-hour ticket access  

Season Ticket waiting list position 

£20 Retail Voucher  

£15 Visitor Attractions Voucher  

Access to One Hotspur Member Lounge for 3rd party events  

One Hotspur

£45

Priority ticket access

£15 Retail Voucher  

£10 Visitor Attractions Voucher  

£10 discount on annual SPURSPLAY Subscription

Don’t really see how they can give anyone ‘priority’ ticket access without revamping the whole process tbh.

And very little chance of a ST waiting list at present I would have thought.