Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t really see how they can give anyone ‘priority’ ticket access without revamping the whole process tbh.

And very little chance of a ST waiting list at present I would have thought.

Suppose you could join a waiting list for when bigger/expanded stadium is available 

I couldn't come over in 22/23 (well did to see the cup final in a pub) as I had no idea they were capping the memberships and I was only planning to buy the membership when I knew when I'm coming.

I don't think capping them makes any sense for a club that is looking for massive growth and is struggling with FFP.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Suppose you could join a waiting list for when bigger/expanded stadium is available 

Yeah, but given they haven’t even announced what’s happening with that yet it would seem unlikely they’d instigate a waiting list for it now.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

I couldn't come over in 22/23 (well did to see the cup final in a pub) as I had no idea they were capping the memberships and I was only planning to buy the membership when I knew when I'm coming.

I don't think capping them makes any sense for a club that is looking for massive growth and is struggling with FFP.

No chance they’ll be capped again.

They could, as people on here have suggested, create a cut off point for when they have to be purchased by, but that’s about as far as they’d go I reckon.

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Problem in 22/23 was that the club didn’t communicate that they were closing the membership scheme, it just happened out of the blue 

If they say we’ll sell unlimited memberships but you can only buy one in July & Aug cos after that it’s closed, that’s a different kettle of fish

And absolutely no offence intended, but I don’t think the club should base their membership scheme decisions on international supporters who may be able to travel over and attend a game or two per season

If there’s high demand from overseas then give them their own scheme, separate from people who can get to plenty of games. But it’d need to be policed to stop touts 

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

have a feeling it might end up being pretty basic but let’s wait and see

So absolutely no ticketing benefit according to that.

Slim chance I'm jumping to conclusions but looks like it'll be the exact same ticket policy as last season including the shpeel about away tickets.

Good to see they listened to those present at the workshop events, then. :lol:

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Slim chance I'm jumping to conclusions but looks like it'll be the exact same ticket policy as last season including the shpeel about away tickets.

Good to see they listened to those present at the workshop events, then. :lol:

Didn’t the people at the workshop say things like ‘we’d like hotdogs sold in the stands’ and ‘better music at half time’ ?! 

25 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Didn’t the people at the workshop say things like ‘we’d like hotdogs sold in the stands’ and ‘better music at half time’ ?! 

Not really. The away ticket workshop from what I've heard from someone who was there was pretty much unanimous in that the ID checks or at least the way that they're done/threatened, is terrible. We're yet to hear on this front but I'd stick money on it being the same this coming season. Be chuffed if I was wrong.

The ballot workshop, which I was at, had numerous suggestions. Some were hilarious but the most common ones were having the ability to choose where you sit and that the concept of having the same chance of getting a ticket to a game as an away fan who takes a punt on a membership is shite.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

48 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

that was the match atmosphere workshop and some absolute doylem suggested zorbing on pitch at half time 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

And absolutely no offence intended, but I don’t think the club should base their membership scheme decisions on international supporters who may be able to travel over and attend a game or two per season

If there’s high demand from overseas then give them their own scheme, separate from people who can get to plenty of games. But it’d need to be policed to stop touts 

I don't know how to read that without feeling like a massively lesser fan due to being a dirty foreigner. :lol: 

I made it to four games last season on two trips, one hospitality and three ballots for what it's worth.

22 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't know how to read that without feeling like a massively lesser fan due to being a dirty foreigner. :lol: 

I made it to four games last season on two trips, one hospitality and three ballots for what it's worth.

honestly, I’m not intending to offend. I have more respect for someone like yourself than the sizeable section of entitled season ticket holders who go to every game just to piss and moan and scream abuse at our players

But I just don’t think a domestic membership scheme should be tailored to suit an international audience 

I’d be 100% in favour of an international scheme that made it easier for someone like yourself to get tickets on the occasions when you’re able to be here. You deserve it for the effort you’re willing to put in to attend a game 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

honestly, I’m not intending to offend. I have more respect for someone like yourself than the sizeable section of entitled season ticket holders who go to every game just to piss and moan and scream abuse at players

But I just don’t think a domestic membership scheme should be tailored to suit an international audience 

I’d be 100% in favour of an international scheme that made it easier for someone like yourself to get tickets on the occasions when you’re able to be here. You deserve it for the effort you’re willing to put in to attend a game 

It's a shame we don't have any idea how it really works. I was an international member and I got both tickets for the "second match" from ballot when they had an idea I was there already (Dortmund and Everton). No idea how sophisticated the system is but making it somehow easier on the international pool to get a second ticket when people have already got to Newcastle would make a lot of sense. Or even a possibility to apply for two matches together when the schedule is known.

Obviously that would be best just for me but it's so hard to talk about these without any selfishness.

7 minutes ago, patrone said:

Doesn’t really seem worth getting the + version unless you are in to going to the st James park events 

tho I wonder if the selected retail range is the stuff Gordon & Casisdead was wearing in the video

Any idea what ‘St James’ Park events’ is.

I expect it is a Sam Fender concert… but could we feasibly consider a home match at SJP to be an event occurring at SJP.

Overthinking this…

Edited by Pablo

46 minutes ago, Pata said:

It's a shame we don't have any idea how it really works. I was an international member and I got both tickets for the "second match" from ballot when they had an idea I was there already (Dortmund and Everton). No idea how sophisticated the system is but making it somehow easier on the international pool to get a second ticket when people have already got to Newcastle would make a lot of sense. Or even a possibility to apply for two matches together when the schedule is known.

Obviously that would be best just for me but it's so hard to talk about these without any selfishness.

there should definitely be a way in which an international member can secure tickets for a couple of games per season a few months before the game takes place  

so they can book travel, accommodation and plan the trip to the city well in advance of the game 

In principle it’s similar to how they’ll happily sell hospitality tickets months in advance (at daft prices obvz)  

Edited by bobbydazzla

18 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Any idea what ‘St James’ Park events’ is.

I expect it is a Sam Fender concert… but could we feasibly consider a home match at SJP to be an event occurring at SJP.

Overthinking this…

Other concerts at SJP probably

Fender will be back on tour for 3rd album but probably not playing SJP 

And I don’t see why NUFC fans should get priority on any SJP gig tickets. It’s music not football

If DJ Otzi was headlining the Stadium of Light I’d be very pissed off if Massive Lads Fans got priority on tickets ahead of me 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

have a feeling it might end up being pretty basic but let’s wait and see

Who would pay extra for that? Like an idiot I'd def pay for a better chance at tickets, no interest in those 'perks' though.

Edited by Superior Acuña