Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

22 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't know how to read that without feeling like a massively lesser fan due to being a dirty foreigner. :lol: 

I made it to four games last season on two trips, one hospitality and three ballots for what it's worth.

honestly, I’m not intending to offend. I have more respect for someone like yourself than the sizeable section of entitled season ticket holders who go to every game just to piss and moan and scream abuse at our players

But I just don’t think a domestic membership scheme should be tailored to suit an international audience 

I’d be 100% in favour of an international scheme that made it easier for someone like yourself to get tickets on the occasions when you’re able to be here. You deserve it for the effort you’re willing to put in to attend a game 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

honestly, I’m not intending to offend. I have more respect for someone like yourself than the sizeable section of entitled season ticket holders who go to every game just to piss and moan and scream abuse at players

But I just don’t think a domestic membership scheme should be tailored to suit an international audience 

I’d be 100% in favour of an international scheme that made it easier for someone like yourself to get tickets on the occasions when you’re able to be here. You deserve it for the effort you’re willing to put in to attend a game 

It's a shame we don't have any idea how it really works. I was an international member and I got both tickets for the "second match" from ballot when they had an idea I was there already (Dortmund and Everton). No idea how sophisticated the system is but making it somehow easier on the international pool to get a second ticket when people have already got to Newcastle would make a lot of sense. Or even a possibility to apply for two matches together when the schedule is known.

Obviously that would be best just for me but it's so hard to talk about these without any selfishness.

7 minutes ago, patrone said:

Doesn’t really seem worth getting the + version unless you are in to going to the st James park events 

tho I wonder if the selected retail range is the stuff Gordon & Casisdead was wearing in the video

Any idea what ‘St James’ Park events’ is.

I expect it is a Sam Fender concert… but could we feasibly consider a home match at SJP to be an event occurring at SJP.

Overthinking this…

Edited by Pablo

46 minutes ago, Pata said:

It's a shame we don't have any idea how it really works. I was an international member and I got both tickets for the "second match" from ballot when they had an idea I was there already (Dortmund and Everton). No idea how sophisticated the system is but making it somehow easier on the international pool to get a second ticket when people have already got to Newcastle would make a lot of sense. Or even a possibility to apply for two matches together when the schedule is known.

Obviously that would be best just for me but it's so hard to talk about these without any selfishness.

there should definitely be a way in which an international member can secure tickets for a couple of games per season a few months before the game takes place  

so they can book travel, accommodation and plan the trip to the city well in advance of the game 

In principle it’s similar to how they’ll happily sell hospitality tickets months in advance (at daft prices obvz)  

Edited by bobbydazzla

18 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Any idea what ‘St James’ Park events’ is.

I expect it is a Sam Fender concert… but could we feasibly consider a home match at SJP to be an event occurring at SJP.

Overthinking this…

Other concerts at SJP probably

Fender will be back on tour for 3rd album but probably not playing SJP 

And I don’t see why NUFC fans should get priority on any SJP gig tickets. It’s music not football

If DJ Otzi was headlining the Stadium of Light I’d be very pissed off if Massive Lads Fans got priority on tickets ahead of me 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

have a feeling it might end up being pretty basic but let’s wait and see

Who would pay extra for that? Like an idiot I'd def pay for a better chance at tickets, no interest in those 'perks' though.

Edited by Superior Acuña

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

And I don’t see why NUFC fans should get priority on any SJP gig tickets. It’s music not football

If DJ Otzi was headlining the Stadium of Light I’d be very pissed off if Massive Lads Fans got priority on tickets ahead of me 

It won't be gigs 

Be a talk in with shola or some shit.  

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Millions get priority on tickets countrywide just for their telephone, energy supplier, etc so not sure why being an NUFC member getting perks for events at SJP.should be so bad. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Millions get priority on tickets countrywide just for their telephone, energy supplier, etc so not sure why being an NUFC member getting perks for events at SJP.should be so bad. 

I also think those priority schemes are shite too

Tbf we don’t yet know if the ballot is definitely remaining the same. You could be able to pick seats somehow, for instance.

*No, I won’t be holding my breath either…

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Tbf we don’t yet know if the ballot is definitely remaining the same. You could be able to pick seats somehow, for instance.

*No, I won’t be holding my breath either…

Aye I'll wait and see but it does seem as though they've not taken anything on board that was raised at these workshops. I failed in the ballot for those too btw :laugh:

They need to start a loyalty scheme for members at the very least whereby you accumulate points based on how many home games you attend (obviously away games are a non starter as things stand). Then for the big games they sell it to members on a loyalty points basis.

When we play the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd etc if nothing else it would make it more difficult for away fans to infiltrate home sections and then as time goes on, the members who go to the most games get priority.

19 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They need to start a loyalty scheme for members at the very least whereby you accumulate points based on how many home games you attend (obviously away games are a non starter as things stand). Then for the big games they sell it to members on a loyalty points basis.

When we play the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd etc if nothing else it would make it more difficult for away fans to infiltrate home sections and then as time goes on, the members who go to the most games get priority.

Agree but hard to become a loyal member if you're only getting 3 a season from the ballot

Like an idiot I will be renewing mine and the boys (or re purchasing them), then I'll spend the next 9 months moaning about how crap it all is and was a lot better back in the day [emoji38]

18 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I do agree with the principle of that.

The obvious problem is that whether you get to a game now is as much due to luck as it is ‘loyalty’.

It would, as you say, make it a lot more difficult for away fans to get tickets, so that would be a positive, however how it plays out amongst the home support, giving one fan a potential advantage over another, just because they’ve been luckier in ballots, I’m not sure.

Thankfully we're in a new 200,000 seater stadium so 40,000+ scrambling around for around 8,000 tickets should be a lot easier. 

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

I do agree with the principle of that.

The obvious problem is that whether you get to a game now is as much due to luck as it is ‘loyalty’.

It would, as you say, make it a lot more difficult for away fans to get tickets, so that would be a positive, however how it plays out amongst the home support, giving one fan a potential advantage over another, just because they’ve been luckier in ballots, I’m not sure.

It wouldn't be an overnight fix but by law of averages, over time the more games you apply for, the more games you'll attend, and the more points you'll accrue.

It's been a tried and tested method at other clubs.