Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

13 minutes ago, Tross said:

Agree but hard to become a loyal member if you're only getting 3 a season from the ballot

1 Point for applying 2 points for attending mebbes

Can't align loyalty points with attendance, when attendance is based on either a lucky dip ballot, or your capability to F5 for hours on end

Actually, fuck it, loyalty points should be based on how many hours you spend F5ing. Jobsagoodun.

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 Loyalty Points for being a N-O Member

5 Loyalty Points for being a THE MAGS+ member

3 for applying for the dog shit games

2 for applying for the SUPER PREMIER LEAGUE ALLSTAR GAMES

1 for attending

A sliding scale of loyalty points based on the decibels you create while attending. Minus points for every minute you're sat down saying "fucking hell, this is shit. FUCK OFF EDDIE. ALMIRON YOU CUNT"

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It wouldn't be an overnight fix but by law of averages, over time the more games you apply for, the more games you'll attend, and the more points you'll accrue.

It's been a tried and tested method at other clubs.

Yes, perhaps make sure they’re recording all the data (sure they are now) and perhaps at the end of next season they’ll have enough to make it viable.

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Can't align loyalty points with attendance, when attendance is based on either a lucky dip ballot, or your capability to F5 for hours on end

Actually, fuck it, loyalty points should be based on how many hours you spend F5ing. Jobsagoodun.

Eventually loyalty points will prevent it from being a lucky dip though. Tbh the ballot needs scrapped altogether amyway. It's an awful system. Go back to the old way but introduce loyalty points for members. As time progresses start with the thresholds. Man Utd away goes on sale to members with 10+ points first and so on.

Then you're starting to reward loyalty instead of it being a lucky dip.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

2 for applying 3 for attending maybe, luck is really the only difference. 

Downside could be that everyone would just start applying for all games and passing tickets on if they couldn’t go, to ‘get the points’.

So might inadvertently make getting a ticket harder.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

1 Point for applying 2 points for attending mebbes

Then everyone applies regardless if they can make it or not. I can only make a few a season but I’d apply every one if that was the system 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Then everyone applies regardless if they can make it or not. I can only make a few a season but I’d apply every one if that was the system 

But if you can't make it and you've applied and get one but don't go then you don't get the extra point?

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Downside could be that everyone would just start applying for all games and passing tickets on if they couldn’t go, to ‘get the points’.

So might inadvertently make getting a ticket harder.

Make it so people getting them in the ballot can't pass the ticket on to someone else and if they can't go then give it back to the club

Like what they have done with away tickets

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Make it so people getting them in the ballot can't pass the ticket on to someone else and if they can't go then give it back to the club

Like what they have done with away tickets

ID checks at home games will go down well 😬😬

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

But if you can't make it and you've applied and get one but don't go then you don't get the extra point?

Aye but at least 50% or time ur gonna apply and not get one and still get the points for applying 

19 minutes ago, SteV said:

ID checks at home games will go down well 😬😬

That’s the ultimate problem really. The only way to stop touting and passing on tickets is to check ID. 

IIRC at Man City they had a QR code that was dynamic and changed every few minutes on the app.

But I think I still got a ticket by buying a membership (although obvs not a fan). 

There’s not really an incentive for the club to look into this IMO, since there’s no money to be made and it would cause lots of side issues. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolutely loads of you will pay extra if it means that’s the only way you can access the retro shirt remakes etc.

Absolutely will not be the case

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Can't wait to renew and might even suoersize to +

3 games last year was worth the coin. 

Well since I'm a better fan than you, I'll sign up to the Mags++ scam scheme

8 minutes ago, OCK said:

Well since I'm a better fan than you, I'll sign up to the Mags++ scam scheme

Actually I'm an Uber legacy fan so won't buy a Membership. I'll just relentlessly post on here about the travesty of justice that is me not getting to every game like I did when we were shit 🤔😉

Yeah, well, I actually founded Newcastle United Football Club and hand stitched every original home kit. My Great Uncle is Vic Keeble. I was there when Tiote scored. I should be there every game. 

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s the ultimate problem really. The only way to stop touting and passing on tickets is to check ID. 

IIRC at Man City they had a QR code that was dynamic and changed every few minutes on the app.

But I think I still got a ticket by buying a membership (although obvs not a fan). 

There’s not really an incentive for the club to look into this IMO, since there’s no money to be made and it would cause lots of side issues. 

What do the club get out of doing it at away games moneywise?

Nowt to stop them doing random checks at home games if they can manage it at away games

24 minutes ago, Tross said:

Absolutely will not be the case

Aye come to think of it they aren’t going to restrict sales to memberships that cost an extra tenner doesn’t make sense 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Aye come to think of it they aren’t going to restrict sales to memberships that cost an extra tenner doesn’t make sense 

It'll probably be a pre-release kind of thing, then general release afterwards

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

What do the club get out of doing it at away games moneywise?

Nowt to stop them doing random checks at home games if they can manage it at away games

Yeah, fair point. I guess the practical answer is that away tickets are more rare and it's easier to do the checks. 

Since there's not concept of loyalty for home fans their doesn't seem to be so much reason to restrict where the ticket ends up (is one view).

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, fair point. I guess the practical answer is that away tickets are more rare and it's easier to do the checks. 

Since there's not concept of loyalty for home fans their doesn't seem to be so much reason to restrict where the ticket ends up (is one view).

Also, given the queue situation last season, doing anything that will potentially worsen that would not go down well.

Looking at the point comparison the club released the (fear of) ID checks definitely did their job. Some striking differences.