Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

13 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I used the text boxes to highlight how the club is run correctly and professionally. But in the terms and conditions of the takeover. I’m certain mike Ashley was able to secure sole control over ticketing and box office.

Also states the UNLIMITED memberships is basically theft.

If unlimited. Then why even have a membership in the first place.

Apart from generating money from a high % of low income families who have basically just chucked money down the drain to possibly get 2 or 3 games a season if lucky

that’s some high level conspiracy theory that. Ashley has nothing to do with the club anymore

its a tough one if you make memberships limited it becomes a closed shop like the season tickets are but on the flip side the more memberships there are the value of your membership diminishes. 

let’s be honest tho memberships are mainly a revenue maker. The club could easily just have season tickets and general sale. It’s now becoming like you need to pay the £37 to be included in pretty much a general sale but in way of a ballot. 

fuck knows what the answer is tbh. I like the membership system but it’s fast becoming worthless. That being said I did get a ticket for Liverpool I wouldn’t have got had I not been a member it just didn’t come via the ballot. Like I say Fuck knows 

Edited by gdm

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

that’s some high level conspiracy theory that. Ashley has nothing to do with the club anymore

its a tough one if you make memberships limited it becomes a closed shop like the season tickets are but on the flip side the more memberships there are the value of your membership diminishes. 

let’s be honest tho memberships are mainly a revenue maker. The club could easily just have season tickets and general sale. It’s now becoming like you need to pay the £37 to be included in pretty much a general sale but in way of a ballot. 

fuck knows what the answer is tbh. I like the membership system but it’s fast becoming worthless. That being said I did get a ticket for Liverpool I wouldn’t have got had I not been a member it just didn’t come via the ballot. Like I say Fuck knows 

NUFC memberships are now just a £37 payment to take part in a general ballot or access resale tickets. Which is dogshit.

We're measuring ourselves versus Tottenham on the pitch, but look at how we compare for memberships. 

They've already got tickets on sale to members for games that go up to Nov 25th. We get a weeks notice to enter a fucking ballot.

And they also get loads of benefits and discounts for their £45-55 annual payment.

Screenshot-2023-08-30-110421.jpg

Screenshot-2023-08-30-110456.jpg

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

NUFC memberships are now just a £37 payment to take part in a general ballot or access resale tickets. Which is dogshit.

We're measuring ourselves versus Tottenham on the pitch, but look at how we compare for memberships. 

They've already got tickets on sale to members for games that go up to Nov 25th. We get a weeks notice to enter a fucking ballot.

And they also get loads of benefits and discounts for their £45-55 annual payment.

Whilst I don’t dispute that seems a much better system, and hope we move to some level of tiered system going forward, what criteria would you have used to establish who got what tier for this season?

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Absolutely. It’s shit. I mean that’s a lot of stuff but half of it is for junior members and most of is stuff Newcastle can’t or don’t offer like the karting or the spurs play subscription (tho nufc have some free streaming thing) 

the season ticket waiting list place, shop gift voucher & ground tour voucher are decent. 

I’m hoping Newcastle will learn from this season and offer a better membership in coming seasons. Got to give them a slight benefit of the doubt the membership is pretty much the same as under Ashley minus a gift pack 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Whilst I don’t dispute that seems a much better system, and hope we move to some level of tiered system going forward, what criteria would you have used to establish who got what tier for this season?

Doesn’t one tier just cost more than the other ?

Just had a look in more detail at Chelsea’s and it shows us up. 

It has all ticket sale release dates for the whole season on their website (they release 42 days before each league fixture). 

This is their loyalty point system - which members can also gain points for:

HOW DO YOU GAIN LOYALTY POINTS?

Points will be awarded for purchasing tickets to all competitive men’s first team fixtures, with the number of points gained dependent on opposition/competition. Points will be issued per match and not per ticket purchased.

One point: Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham home and away matches in the Premier League. When qualified, UEFA competition home knockout-stage fixtures.

Three points: All remaining home and away Premier League matches.

Five points: FA Cup matches (excluding the semi-final and final). League Cup home and away matches (excluding the final). When qualified, UEFA competition group-stage home matches, all UEFA competition away matches (excluding UEFA competition finals). When qualified, the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup final and the FIFA Club World Cup.  

WHICH MATCHES ARE SOLD USING LOYALTY POINTS?

In addition to any domestic cup finals, FA Cup semi-finals, match tickets for Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham home and away matches will be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

Away matches against Bournemouth, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Luton Town and West Ham United will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

The final home and away matches of the season will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis. Chelsea Football Club reserves the right to apply the use of the loyalty-points process to the buying of match tickets for any other fixture outside of the matches listed above, if required.

Chelsea Football Club also reserves the right to allow season ticket holders a further opportunity to apply for the members' away match ticket allocation should they not sell out in adequate time.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Points will not be awarded for attendance at any domestic cup final or the FA Cup semi-final, for Chelsea Women matches, or for Academy and friendly matches.

Points will be issued per match and not per match ticket.

Further point bonuses may be attached to specific matches during the season.

Loyalty points are added to a supporter's account immediately after purchase unless stated otherwise.

If any season tickets become available for future seasons, the loyalty-points scheme will be used. 

Loyalty points cannot be gained through Ticket Exchange purchases.

5 bonus loyalty points if you become a member before July 21 2023 (Offer Ended)

Any games that are played in the 1st month of the season, 2022/23 season loyalty points will be used

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

I haven’t looked into it fully, but my impression for Spurs was that there are two tiers and they’re based on price.

Membership is £45

Membership+ is £55

Happy to be corrected if that isn’t the case 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Just had a look in more detail at Chelsea’s and it shows us up. 

It has all ticket sale release dates for the whole season on their website (they release 42 days before each league fixture). 

This is their loyalty point system - which members can also gain points for:

HOW DO YOU GAIN LOYALTY POINTS?

Points will be awarded for purchasing tickets to all competitive men’s first team fixtures, with the number of points gained dependent on opposition/competition. Points will be issued per match and not per ticket purchased.

One point: Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham home and away matches in the Premier League. When qualified, UEFA competition home knockout-stage fixtures.

Three points: All remaining home and away Premier League matches.

Five points: FA Cup matches (excluding the semi-final and final). League Cup home and away matches (excluding the final). When qualified, UEFA competition group-stage home matches, all UEFA competition away matches (excluding UEFA competition finals). When qualified, the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup final and the FIFA Club World Cup.  

WHICH MATCHES ARE SOLD USING LOYALTY POINTS?

In addition to any domestic cup finals, FA Cup semi-finals, match tickets for Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham home and away matches will be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

Away matches against Bournemouth, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Luton Town and West Ham United will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

The final home and away matches of the season will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis. Chelsea Football Club reserves the right to apply the use of the loyalty-points process to the buying of match tickets for any other fixture outside of the matches listed above, if required.

Chelsea Football Club also reserves the right to allow season ticket holders a further opportunity to apply for the members' away match ticket allocation should they not sell out in adequate time.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Points will not be awarded for attendance at any domestic cup final or the FA Cup semi-final, for Chelsea Women matches, or for Academy and friendly matches.

Points will be issued per match and not per match ticket.

Further point bonuses may be attached to specific matches during the season.

Loyalty points are added to a supporter's account immediately after purchase unless stated otherwise.

If any season tickets become available for future seasons, the loyalty-points scheme will be used. 

Loyalty points cannot be gained through Ticket Exchange purchases.

5 bonus loyalty points if you become a member before July 21 2023 (Offer Ended)

Any games that are played in the 1st month of the season, 2022/23 season loyalty points will be used

I’m guessing here but I’m assuming that system has been in place for a few years. We are still running off the Ashley era membership system so is it any surprise it’s shite? You’d have to hope the club will really take on the feedback and we’ll see a massively improved and different membership next season 

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I haven’t looked into it fully, but my impression for Spurs was that there are two tiers and they’re based on price.

Membership is £45

Membership+ is £55

Happy to be corrected if that isn’t the case 

Would that actually make much difference to your chances of getting a ticket then?

If you’re coughing up £37, you’d probably go to £47, so we’re not really any further forward?

*appreciate there seems to be other stuff on top of tickets, and whilst we need to be working on something along those lines, it’s secondary to the tickets in most people’s thinking I would have thought.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think if there was tiered membership it would have to be on the basis of loyalty and not price. 

But, how you would decide who goes in which tier, I haven't a clue. 

Yeah, I agree, and I think that has been part of the problem in implementing it. 

You’ve had people going to loads of games, but someone else, a ST holder or another member, might have been buying the tickets all the time.

They’re trying now to make sure the ticket goes against the named person, which at least creates some kind of record.

However you’ve now got the problem of it being down to luck, rather than ‘loyalty’, as to whether you attend. So exactly how you use that going forward, I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Would that actually make much difference to your chances of getting a ticket then?

If you’re coughing up £37, you’d probably go to £47, so we’re not really any further forward?

*appreciate there seems to be other stuff on top of tickets, and whilst we need to be working on something along those lines, it’s secondary to the tickets in most people’s thinking I would have thought.

But Spurs members can buy tickets up to 2 months ahead of a game allowing people to select the games they want to go for, plan travel etc. They can choose seat and stand. Plus they get a package of discounts on all sorts of activities and merchandise. There's decent gifts for signing up.

That overall offering to me is definitely worth £45/55 even if I can't get a ticket to every game.

At NUFC all we're getting for our £37 is a lottery for a randomly allocated seat that's drawn 1 week before kick off. And then a resale scramble for a handful of tickets.

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

But Spurs members can buy tickets up to 2 months ahead of a game allowing people to select the games they want to go for, plan travel etc. They can choose seat and stand. Plus they get a package of discounts on all sorts of activities and merchandise. There's decent gifts for signing up.

That overall offering to me is definitely worth £45/55 even if I can't get a ticket to every game.

At NUFC all we're getting for our £37 is a lottery for a randomly allocated seat that's drawn 1 week before kick off. And then a resale scramble for a handful of tickets.

I’d like to think those things will improve over time. You could argue they should have waited until they had them in place in the first place, but anyway.

However, even if they do eventually implement all of that kind of stuff, it still doesn’t improve anyone’s chances of getting a ticket.

You can’t compare Spurs with NUFC. This is where we seriously do ourselves a disservice as a fanbase. Spurs can do this because they just built a new season from 36,284 to 62,850 giving them flexibility to put such things in place without too much outcry. We were selling out our current 52,305 when we plodding along under Rafa. That’s why the only solution to ticketing issues is to expand the ground massively or build a new one preferably far greater as anything else is just sticking a band aid on the issue.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

However, even if they do eventually implement all of that kind of stuff, it still doesn’t improve anyone’s chances of getting a ticket.

Only thing that does that is more seats I’m afraid.

Edited by gdm

Just now, SteV said:

I’d like to think those things will improve over time. You could argue they should have waited until they had them in place in the first place, but anyway.

That's true. 

But I think there's 2 different issues we're discussing

1 - is charging people £37 a year to enter a ballot every few weeks fair and does it offer value compared to memberships at other clubs

2 - should the club have some sort of tiering / loyalty scheme to make it easier for certain groups of fans to get tickets

With the Spurs example I'm talking about 1. But I do think 2 needs to be discussed, although any solution is likely to piss off a group of people

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You can’t compare Spurs with NUFC. This is where we seriously do ourselves a disservice as a fanbase. Spurs can do this because they just built a new season from 36,284 to 62,850 giving them flexibility to put such things in place without too much outcry. We were selling out our current 52,305 when we plodding along under Rafa. That’s why the only solution to ticketing issues is to expand the ground massively or build a new one preferably far greater as anything else is just sticking a band aid on the issue.

1: Being able to buy tickets 4-8 weeks before a game

2: Being able to choose where you sit

3: Giving some discounts on merch, tours etc etc 

Three basic things that Spurs do for their members that has absolutely no relation to stadium size or level of demand for tickets

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

1: Being able to buy tickets 4-8 weeks before a game

2: Being able to choose where you sit

3: Giving some discounts on merch, tours etc etc 

Three basic things that Spurs do for their members that has absolutely no relation to stadium size or level of demand for tickets

As Stev has said, the membership is clearly something which needs work but let’s not pretend some benefits aren’t applicable. 

Adult Membership 

Digital Membership card

Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY 1 TICKET PER MEMBER

No booking fee when purchasing tickets

Access to ticket re-sale opportunities

Access to two digital events with Club Legends and/or players (subject to availability, terms and conditions apply)

Access to streaming (where available)

Get 25% off food and beverage on matchday for the first 30 minutes after gates open

10% discount on drinks and 15% off food at Shearers Bar on non-matchdays

25% discount on stadium tours

Free hire of event space in Shearer’s (Once per season – terms and conditions apply

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

That's true. 

But I think there's 2 different issues we're discussing

1 - is charging people £37 a year to enter a ballot every few weeks fair and does it offer value compared to memberships at other clubs

2 - should the club have some sort of tiering / loyalty scheme to make it easier for certain groups of fans to get tickets

With the Spurs example I'm talking about 1. But I do think 2 needs to be discussed, although any solution is likely to piss off a group of people

Fair enough. I’d probably agree improving the overall package you get for your £37, may make the lack of regular tickets slightly more palatable.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think if there was tiered membership it would have to be on the basis of loyalty and not price. 

But, how you would decide who goes in which tier, I haven't a clue. 

1 hour ago, OCK said:

I would base it on who had the best pet. 

It should be based on who bleats on the most when they don't get everything they want. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

As Stev has said, the membership is clearly something which needs work but let’s not pretend some benefits aren’t applicable. 

Adult Membership 

Digital Membership card

Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY 1 TICKET PER MEMBER

No booking fee when purchasing tickets

Access to ticket re-sale opportunities

Access to two digital events with Club Legends and/or players (subject to availability, terms and conditions apply)

Access to streaming (where available)

Get 25% off food and beverage on matchday for the first 30 minutes after gates open

10% discount on drinks and 15% off food at Shearers Bar on non-matchdays

25% discount on stadium tours

Free hire of event space in Shearer’s (Once per season – terms and conditions apply

Other than buying tickets, have any of the members on here used any of those benefits ? Genuine question.

None of them is of any interest to me personally, but maybe I'm in a minority

Nope none, I’d maybe use the ground tour discount as I want to do that but no one is going in the ground when the gates open and I’m never really gonna be at shearers on a non match day. This isn’t a complaint they are just not what I’d use I’m buying the membership for the ballots really. 

It’s strange to me how castore offer discounts nearly every week yet they can’t throw in a 10% discount on club shop on there. 

also what is a digital membership card? 

Edited by gdm

I think everyone knows the other benefits are meaningless. 

The 25% off should be before kick off, it’s not going to entice anyone to enter the ground 30 mins after it opens. I don’t even know what time that is :lol:

Also would like to know how tens of thousands of free event spaces will be available in Shearers, but I wouldn’t hold an event there anyway. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo