James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it'll happen. I could see us getting one biggy before the next kit launches. 

His interaction with our current England players at the England camp seemed to hint towards him being keen really. I mean from a purely footballing decision it seems a no brainer for him if it’s a choice between us and Spurs. 

What I like about him is he’s pretty versatile and in games where we’re trying to break teams down at home (and there’ll be plenty of those) and need to switch formation eg 4231 he’s ideal for that.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Surely there’s no chance he’ll go to Spurs? We’re in the Champions League and a club on the way up. Spurs aren’t in Europe and are probably going to sell Kane this summer, and it remains to be seen how Ange will get on there, it could be a disaster. It’d be a dumb move for him or anyone to pick them over us. 

Edited by Decky

Just now, Decky said:

Surely there’s no chance he’ll go to Spurs? We’re in the Champions League and a club on the way up. Spurs aren’t in Europe and are probably going to sell Kane this summer, and it remains to be seen how Angie will get on there, it could be a disaster. It’d be a dumb move for him or anyone to pick them over us. 

Yeah if I'm Maddison there's no way I'm signing there unless Kane commits. Spurs will be a car crash next season without him. 

Just now, MrSnrub said:

Yeah if I'm Maddison there's no way I'm signing there unless Kane commits. Spurs will be a car crash next season without him. 

You the Mr Snrub of old, our friend from Portadown? Good to see you back if so. :thup:

29 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

His interaction with our current England players at the England camp seemed to hint towards him being keen really. I mean from a purely footballing decision it seems a no brainer for him if it’s a choice between us and Spurs. 

What I like about him is he’s pretty versatile and in games where we’re trying to break teams down at home (and there’ll be plenty of those) and need to switch formation eg 4231 he’s ideal for that.

Still fantastic reading stuff like that and knowing it's 100% true as well!

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Doesn't be have about four accounts that he talks to himself on? I want to laugh, but the lad clearly has a few issues.

Aye. He's a bit of a mess like. Has he ever actually been right about anything? Even times where he thinks he has a tap in he ends up looking stupid. Takeover goes through and every day that week Burnsie is like 'have it on good authority Bruce is packing up and saying his goodbyes right now'.... Bruce ended up staying on for a good week past that.

To be honest lads, I think I'll just go back to being an observer and not post anything.

I'm a brand new account and obviously have the same name as some whopper who used to post here, but I can't be arsed with the chew like. 

Just now, MrSnrub said:

To be honest lads, I think I'll just go back to being an observer and not post anything.

I'm a brand new account and obviously have the same name as some whopper who used to post here, but I can't be arsed with the chew like. 

Or just change your name.

Ropey source, but let's get this thread back on track...

https://todofichajes.com/maddison-se-aproxima-al-newcastle/amp/

Maddison approaches Newcastle

todofichajes.com

Maddison approaches Newcastle

by Juan Torrejon Cavero

the deal is close

is in the final stages of negotiations to secure the signing of James Maddison, a talented midfielder from Leicester City. Following the club's relegation from the Foxes to the Championship, Maddison is looking for new horizons and Newcastle has become an attractive destination. If the deal goes through, it would be a huge boost for the team and a sign of their ambition to stay where they have been in this historic season.

Maddison has been one of the most prominent midfielders in the Premier League in recent seasons. His vision of the game, ability to create goal opportunities and his ability to score goals make him a sought-after player on the market. Despite Leicester's relegation, Maddison has shown his quality and his potential to continue growing as a player.