Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

I love those finishes. I mean, because it's Jozy you know that there's an element of luck, but he just tucked it away, no fuss. Just placed it in at the perfect angle.

Was a good move.

Another nice move. I know Honduras haven't been great, but it can be really tough to break teams down in these games, and the US have been patient. Bradley brings so much to the team because his style and composure seems to rub off on those around him.

I can't work out the US defence. They look extremely well-organized and in control for the most part, and then someone makes a naive error out of the blue. I can't quite bring myself to be totally confident in them.

I can't work out the US defence. They look extremely well-organized and in control for the most part, and then someone makes a naive error out of the blue. I can't quite bring myself to be totally confident in them.

Yeah they seem solid but prone to switching off or making a dumb mistake out of nothing. I'd like to write it off to being inexperienced at this level but it's definitely the weak link at the moment. Individually Gonzalez and Besler are good but you can tell they haven't played together much. Johnson is better getting forward than defending which is why he lost the job originally and Evans is sort of a fill in at RB, though he has been decent these last few games. It's definitely a work in progress

:snod: We're getting better, leffe.

I really think so, for the first time in a while :lol:. I felt that Klinsmann was going to be a mistake, but this is beginning to look like a decent team. For the longest time (i mean, for years) they seemed to rely upon defending in numbers and hoping that Donovan and Dempsey would make something happen, but there's some good structure to the play. They're still crying out for a classy, creative midfielder/winger, mind.

Besler is a smart player; he actually reminds me a whole lot of Bocanegra. Gonzalez obviously has loads of talent, but he's the weaker one of the two. He's definitely a player that could benefit from a move to Europe (or Mexico), somewhere he'll get pressured for 90 minutes. Great through the air, but his ground skills and distribution leave much to be desired.

Evans will do at RB for the time being. He's a classic American player: 100% effort, physical, but lacking that touch. Until Tim Chandler gets his head out of his ass or Cherundolo proves he can still play, I'm sticking with Evans at RB.

Fabian Johnson and Zusi have solidified their starting spots on either wing, imo. It's such a breath of fresh air, having two wide players capable of delivering accurate crosses. Johnson is just so much better at LM than he is at LB. Beasley continues to start but I imagine Edgar Castillo will be the starting LB come 2014.

Not the greatest performance, but it'll do. Tough Honduras side with some real quality (Espinoza and Najar in particular were very good tonight).

3 wins in a row, top of the group with 13 points.

When do we officially qualify?

We've got home matches against Jamaica and Mexico and away matches in Costa Rica and Panama. I've been reading that 16 is the bare minimum magic number, should be enough to put us through to Brazil.

That was pretty fun, great crowd in the park. Not sure what was going on in the final third during the first half, but everyone seemed a little out of tune/rusty. Did what we need to do, I think Fabian helps us a lot further forward, just hope it's not Beasley and Evans once it comes World Cup time.