Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I've told people for ages that we are an over-hyped team with overrated players.* I hate admitting it too. The only true quality I believe we have is Tim Howard, Danny Williams, Mike Bradley, and Clint Dempsey. Not counting Donovan who when away, I realize how good he was for us.  Are there any other quality young players out there that aren't another Steve Cherundolo and Sascha Kleistinsteigerwieger

*By American Media :lol: ie: ESPN

Away matches during qualification are difficult regardless of the team or the continent. It is just one of those things about football. The United States and Mexico will qualify with ridiculous ease as always.

Hopefully, Jamaica can sneak through. I know enough Jamaicans to know that every one in that country is completely mad and somewhat violent so it would be fun to have them in Brazil.

Away matches during qualification are difficult regardless of the team or the continent. It is just one of those things about football. The United States and Mexico will qualify with ridiculous ease as always.

Hopefully, Jamaica can sneak through. I know enough Jamaicans to know that every one in that country is completely mad and somewhat violent so it would be fun to have them in Brazil.

Baba, you're a fucking legend. :lol:

My colleague at work is Jamaican, fucking ace guy - he would go absolutely mad if they were in Brazil. Probably would take off work to get there too.

I've told people for ages that we are an over-hyped team with overrated players.* I hate admitting it too. The only true quality I believe we have is Tim Howard, Danny Williams, Mike Bradley, and Clint Dempsey. Not counting Donovan who when away, I realize how good he was for us.  Are there any other quality young players out there that aren't another Steve Cherundolo and Sascha Kleistinsteigerwieger

*By American Media :lol: ie: ESPN

Apart from the goal it was hard to watch him literally walk around the pitch.  We're over-hyped as hell and it goes straight to the players' heads, they aren't up for it because it's an away match in Honduras.  What they should really be thinking though is if we win this, we can go to World Fucking Cup. 

Jurgen needs to light a fire under their asses.

Altidore is mint for AZ. Watching him play for them, the movement, the pace, the finishing. Absolutely maddening. Turns into a caterpillar when he puts on the national team shirt.

I've never seen such a big guy lack such physicality. Shola is more physical than Jozy.

Howard and Dempsey are our only players worth a shit (Donovan doesn't give a fuck and will retire soon). Bradley sucks, everyone else is actively bad. I want to slap Altidore personally.

On the contrary, Bradley is arguably our best player.

Howard and Dempsey are our only players worth a s*** (Donovan doesn't give a f*** and will retire soon). Bradley sucks, everyone else is actively bad. I want to slap Altidore personally.

Bradley is probably our most cultured CM since Claudio Reyna, who I rated immensely. 

I always wonder what Charlie Davies could have developed into had he not had that horrible car accident, his career took a dive after it. His career looked on the up too - damn shame.

Howard and Dempsey are our only players worth a s*** (Donovan doesn't give a f*** and will retire soon). Bradley sucks, everyone else is actively bad. I want to slap Altidore personally.

Bradley is probably our most cultured CM since Claudio Reyna, who I rated immensely. 

I always wonder what Charlie Davies could have developed into had he not had that horrible car accident, his career took a dive after it. His career looked on the up too - damn shame.

My memory of him is from US-Nigeria in the 2008 Olympics. America had ten men for about 89 minutes, so we dominated, but Davies was easily the best player on the pitch and was terrifying. I thought he had the potential to make it at the top level, but the accident changed all of this. From what I understand, it is a miracle he is even playing, though.

Aye that's why he only "sucks" instead of being "complete shitte" like the rest of those pricks.

Yeah I am just pissed off at our whole program and country.

It's sad that we have such an athletic powerhouse of a nation and we waste it on games no one else cares about. We love dominating the world militaristically, why not athletically?

ESPN picked up the Mexico game but not the USA game for fucks sake. Tells you the whole story when you have to pirate a stream of your own national team from a foreign country.

Having had a couple days to stew, here are some thoughts:

1. Bocanegra, physical limitations aside (I don't think they're insurmountable), needs to start every WCQ match. He is a leader on the field and the one guy who can organize the defense. He's played these games countless times. Gonzalez, as he does represent the future of the U.S. back-line, should continue to be the first-choice CB off the bench, get time in friendlies, etc.

2. Time to build the offense around Dempsey, as this team's biggest weapon. He's best playing just off the striker, as he does for Spurs, and when he's allowed to roam across the field at will. Not sure what Klinsmann is currently expecting of him, but he's looked lost out there the last few games.

3. No more of this 3 central midfielder nonsense. We don't have the offensive personnel to play a true 4-3-3. Bradley + one of Jones, Williams, Edu, Kljestan, Torres, Brad Evans and that's it. It severely handicaps our offense with Bradley/Jones/Williams occupying the same area of the pitch and non-outside players like Eddie Johnson and Graham Zusi consistently ending-up inside because that's where they play naturally. We're ending up with 5-6 players in central midfield, which kills us on the outside and stifles the attack.

4. Incorporate some real outside players. This team lacks zero width when playing Johnson, Zusi, and Kljestan outside, none of whom are wing players. I'd like to see Chris Pontius, Brad Davis, and Nick DeLeon brought into the fold, as well as Josh Gatt and Joe Gyau given more playing time.

5. As Jozy still isn't playing up to par for the national team, make Gomez the starting striker.

Despite Klinsmann's efforts, we just don't have the personnel to play the kind of football that he wants. A 4-5-1/4-4-2 is honestly what's best. I'd like to see something like this tried out:

Howard                                           

Cameron                  Bocanegra                       

Cherundolo                                                        F. Johnson

Williams                Bradley                         

Gatt                              Dempsey                Pontius

Gomez