Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Agree.

I think we saw that he's much more effective as part of a 2-man central midfield though. Amazing how much better the team looked offensively without a third holding midfielder, even in those crap conditions.

Though I wouldn't begrudge Klinsmann if he decided to play that third CM (Beckerman no doubt) against Mexico, I'm keeping the same line-up against Mexico, save Jones:

Altidore                       

Gomez            Dempsey            Zusi

Bradley            Edu

Beasley                                  Cameron

Goodson      Gonzalez

Guzan

That old classic Beasley somehow finds a way back into our 11 man. Always liked him, as much as he frustrated me (like Landon).

Whats up with Danny Williams anyway? Really expected him to hold down the DM role.

That old classic Beasley somehow finds a way back into our 11 man. Always liked him, as much as he frustrated me (like Landon).

Whats up with Danny Williams anyway? Really expected him to hold down the DM role.

From what I've heard, he's been struggling for Hoffenheim. Can't get consistent first-team minutes. I like what he brings, hope he can turn things around.

By the way, not really sure the thread to throw it in, but there are strong rumors from the NE that Newcastle are doing a US tour this summer.  Pretty much only people in this thread would care so I'm putting it in here.

By the way, not really sure the thread to throw it in, but there are strong rumors from the NE that Newcastle are doing a US tour this summer.  Pretty much only people in this thread would care so I'm putting it in here.

:pedro:

The last trip coincided with my wedding. Northeast please. If they come to Red Bull Arena there will be some full-on stalking.

Anything North-Eastern and you can all stay at my place en route*. Please be Philly.

*all = Cuba and potentially Ameritoon and maybe Indian SEMTEX. Everyone else is out.

I'm in if this tour over here happens. Would be class to get us all together.