Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

You're all cunts. I was going to spend my evening doing valuable life things, but now I'm going to be looking through back catalogues of Michael Bradley performances. And it's not like it's going to be a goal reel, it's going to be 4000 sideways passes :anguish:

I'll report back with my findings tomorrow, put this thing to bed.

:yao:

Bradley completed 89% of his passes last season, with 71.4% of completed passes going forward. With 0 defensive errors.

http://www.squawka.com/players/michael-bradley#avg.-pass-accuracy#roma-(current)#italian-serie-a#21#season-2012/2013#6#all-matches#1-37#type

Same site also has a stat for key passes. Bradley made 25 (2 assists). Making him 6th in the Roma squad behind defender Balzaretti.

Same site has him averaging 3 blocks/interceptions/clearances per game. Behind both De Rossi and Taddei (as well as all the Roma defenders, obviously).

And yet Bradley had a higher % of interceptions and lower % of clearances than De Rossi.

It's getting nit-picky and stupid now. Zeman valued Bradley, Andreazzoli valued him, and Garcia seems to value him. As does Klinsmann.

And the fact that he can be compared to Daniele De Rossi speaks volumes.

Well, yeah. I'm not claiming we're world beaters, because we're not. But even top 20 sides have world-class players. Bradley is ours.

The perceived "skills deficit" has been shrinking year-by-year. This isn't the U.S. team of even 5 years ago. Swap out the kits and you could confuse the U.S. team for many European sides based on style of play.

Why couldn't a "world class" player get a game for Villa? Surely even Alex McLeish wouldn't have left him out so much if he was "World Class"?

Only playing Devil's Advocate btw O0

I dunno, why does Pardew insist on playing Jonas 30+ matches a year? Incompetence does exist among PL managers and McLeish has proven to be a dullard. Bradley left Villa, went to Chievo and played so well that Roma sprung for him, and he played more minutes for them than any other midfielder in their squad last season.

But "world" class. Come on Deuce, he isn't "world" class is he? He wouldn't get anywhere near an England midfield, and we don't really have any "world" class midfielders.

:lol:

As a neutral, Bradley would walk into the England midfield. And saying that does not make him "world class". Wouldn't say he's the best player the US have either tbh.

:bigi:

It's getting nit-picky and stupid now. Zeman valued Bradley, Andreazzoli valued him, and Garcia seems to value him. As does Klinsmann.

And the fact that he can be compared to Daniele De Rossi speaks volumes.

He does have value.

But as a holding midfielder he wasn't getting forward. He wasn't helping out defensively. You know what he was doing? Running.

I like NBC's on screen graphics and assuming they are using Alan Perry from sky's feed? Lovely if true

It's Alan Parry. God I'm pedantic today but you Yankees need educating sonetimes.:D

Easy there fella, an e used over an a on a commentator I'd only know given following the sport for ages across the pond. Give over man! :lol: honest mistake too.

I like NBC's on screen graphics and assuming they are using Alan Perry from sky's feed? Lovely if true

It's Alan Parry. God I'm pedantic today but you Yankees need educating sonetimes.:D

Easy there fella, an e used over an a on a commentator I'd only know given following the sport for ages across the pond. Give over man! :lol: honest mistake too.

It's a schoolboy error but I was glad to help, you are very welcome. :D