Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Its an interesting one as I feel there are so many casual fans that support the big Prem clubs that don't have a clue about football outside the Premier league/what's on sky sports, hell even teams that arent the traditional big teams, so if they see Leicester v Leeds they automatically won't watch it because its not the premier league, even if it was Bournemout v Luton, probably wouldn't watch that either as it doesn't involve a "big" team. Even though bar our game, it'll probably be the best televised match of the weekend.

I was in the pub the other week and two lads were in there talking, not the brightest and supported Man Utd, one lad asked his mate if Championship players can get called up to play in the internationals or if its just Prem players. His mate didn't know. How ignorant can you be man, it shocked me. But again that just shows, they probably only ever watch England games and it is just Prem players, there's no awareness of football outside the big teams and England.

8 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

Its an interesting one as I feel there are so many casual fans that support the big Prem clubs that don't have a clue about football outside the Premier league/what's on sky sports, hell even teams that arent the traditional big teams, so if they see Leicester v Leeds they automatically won't watch it because its not the premier league, even if it was Bournemout v Luton, probably wouldn't watch that either as it doesn't involve a "big" team. Even though bar our game, it'll probably be the best televised match of the weekend.

I was in the pub the other week and two lads were in there talking, not the brightest and supported Man Utd, one lad asked his mate if Championship players can get called up to play in the internationals or if its just Prem players. His mate didn't know. How ignorant can you be man, it shocked me. But again that just shows, they probably only ever watch England games and it is just Prem players, there's no awareness of football outside the big teams and England.

Going back to when I was school (Aye I know), I had the kid who showed no real interest in football, unless the major tournaments came around, scream at me until he was blue in the face that Beckham could no longer play for England because he was moving to Real Madrid.

Good on Fulham fans protesting against their price hike and the prices of general admission tickets. £160 for some tickets ffs.

If that happened here some would defend it and say its alright as it'll help FFP. We had Ashley a while ago, you kna.