Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Am I the only one genuinely not feeling any nerves or anything? It’s been a great season and any form of Europe is huge. We’ve now won 3 in the spin with both isak and ASM seriously enjoying themselves so I’m just sitting back and enjoying the journey.

I'll feel a lot better after these three aways

5 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I'm more nervous about West Ham and Brentford away than I was about Man u at home. If we come out of those games with a decent points haul then I'll feel better.

5-7 points from the next 3 would be very good. Go into that Spurs game 6 unbeaten. 

Brighton has since the start of February played 10 league games. W6, D3, L1. While that is an excellent record, the only top 10 teams they've played in that spell is Brentford and at the time Fulham. Both of those fixtures were at home, and they only got one point out of those two.

So, while their results recently have been excellent, they've done it mostly against poorer sides. It will be very interesting to see how they do now that their fixtures get a bit tougher.

As an aside, I've got huge respect for Brighton, reckon they are arguably the best run club in the league considering they've lost their MD (or whatever his official title was) to us and manager to Chelsea in the last 12 months, and they are still in with a chance of Champions League football. Obviously Arteta will win it should Arsenal win the league, but De Zerbi (along with wor Eddie and Emery) should be in with a shout for manager of the season. 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Emery is doing a great job like. Don't they'll make top six, but the future is bright for them.

First 11 games (Gerrard) - 9 points, 6 goals.

Last 16 games, 32 points, scored in every game.

Same squad other than a left back brought in and a striker shipped out.

Actually, two strikers out as we sent Archer to Boro.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

:thup:

Delighted for you. Love the likes Bruce and Gerrard being show up by genuinely good coaches. 

Just now, brummie said:

Another thing - Gerrard dividing the squad, playing people against each other, picking fights.

Team spirit today: 

Gerrard was cancerous.

He's from Liverpool, i don't know what we all expected! 

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

Whenever you’ve played teams in top ten you’ve beat Chelsea and spurs, drew against Brighton and got beat off Man City, arsenal and Liverpool. 

that record is actually very close to ours so it’s gonna be interesting. Personally I think Brighton and spurs will be fifth and sixth.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Whenever you’ve played teams in top ten you’ve beat Chelsea and spurs, drew against Brighton and got beat off Man City, arsenal and Liverpool. 

that record is actually very close to ours so it’s gonna be interesting. Personally I think Brighton and spurs will be fifth and sixth.

We won at Brighton.

We were unlucky to lose to Arsenal, too. Liverpool did us fair and square.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

We won at Brighton.

yea another of those games we would have lost under Gerrard- behind after a minute then win.  away.

gonna be an interesting end to the season.  my top 4 this season is:

1 arse

2 citeh

3 toon

4 manure (sadly)

don't think we will get top 6, but ill take 7th after where we were in october

Just now, Paz said:

yea another of those games we would have lost under Gerrard- behind after a minute then win.  away.

gonna be an interesting end to the season.  my top 4 this season is:

1 arse

2 citeh

3 toon

4 manure (sadly)

don't think we will get top 6, but ill take 7th after where we were in october

Too right.

I thought we were fucked under Gerrard, in a relegation flght in absolutely the worst season to be involved in it. This is out of the world stuff.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

We won at Brighton.

Don’t talk about unlucky - I’m still bitter s we should be 2 points better off from palace game, the bastards.

If them 2 points cost us at the end of the season it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I love how much you hate Gerrard

He's a toxic fucking relic. 

I said it was a stupid appointment at the time, but gave him a chance, and he absolutely created the mess himself.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Don’t talk about unlucky - I’m still bitter s we should be 2 points better off from palace game, the bastards.

If them 2 points cost us at the end of the season it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Nah, there's no throwing it away from where you are now.

Just now, Gawalls said:

What about the Liverpool (a) point/s?