Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

I guess Southampton seemingly doing OK away to a fresh side with something concrete to play for is a little reassuring ahead of next week should we not manage to do the job ourselves. You certainly wouldn't confidently bet against Liverpool hitting 4 or 5, but I think many just expect that to happen with Southampton having nothing to play for, but if Liverpool were to win, the more likely score would be like 2-0, or possibly 3.

Just wish some of those recent disallowed goals stood like Schar vs Everton, Wilson vs Saints, or maybe Wilson scoring at 4-1 against Brighton the other night, just for that additional buffer, but confident we'll do our modest job anyway.

Edit - Brighton have just taken the lead while I was typing [emoji38]

Edited by Paullow

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I guess Southampton seemingly doing OK away to a fresh side with something concrete to play for is a little reassuring ahead of next week should we not manage to do the job ourselves. You certainly wouldn't confidently bet against Liverpool hitting 4 or 5, but I think many just expect that to happen with Southampton having nothing to play for, but if Liverpool were to win, the more likely score would be like 2-0, or possibly 3.

Just wish some of those recent disallowed goals stood like Schar vs Everton, Wilson vs Saints, or maybe Wilson scoring at 4-1 against Brighton the other night, just for that additional buffer, but confident we'll do our modest job anyway.

Edit - Brighton have just taken the lead while I was typing [emoji38]

Yes, I've been saying this aswell. Liverpool didn't win by more than 3 goals against Leicester, and they looked really bad defensively. Southampton have just lost by more than 3 goals just once this season (4-0 away to Man City), and they wouldn't want to be humiliated in their last home game of the season. Liverpool are not as good away from home either. I don't think it will be the trashing that people expect. Maybe 3-0, but probably not 5 or more in my opinion.

Edit: Just as I was saying this, 2-0 now.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yes, I've been saying this aswell. Liverpool didn't win by more than 3 goals against Leicester, and they looked really bad defensively. Southampton have just lost by more than 3 goals just once this season (4-0 away to Man City), and they wouldn't want to be humiliated in their last home game of the season. Liverpool are not as good away from home either. I don't think it will be the trashing that people expect. Maybe 3-0, but probably not 5 or more in my opinion.

they'd know the scores and at 2 or 3-0 be playing like they were losing.  

I personally reckon Liverpool could well do Southampton 5 or 6.

I don't think it'll come to that mind. Will be nervy tomorrow, but we should have enough quality. Of all the fixtures one could have in this sort of game atm, Leicester would be top of my list. They're not only shit, but they've thrown the towel in.

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

Imagine us having to rely on Southampton keeping Liverpool out on the last day, fuck that. No freak result tomorrow night, just get it done.

Oh really? I preferred relying on Southampton, but you're right! It's better if we do it ourselves, my bad!:)

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Wish we could sign Ferguson

Same. With his age he'd be perfect to come into the squad when Wilson starts to get phased out of it in the coming years. A real talent there.

Just now, Decky said:

Same. With his age he'd be perfect to come into the squad when Wilson starts to get phased out of it in the coming years. A real talent there.

He’s gonna be absolute star no doubt it. Should have declared for England :bluestar:

7 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Dunno what it is about Karl Robinson he just strikes me as a dick 

He reminds me of a fat school bully for some reason.

That's probably just personal experiences :lol:

12 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

they'd know the scores and at 2 or 3-0 be playing like they were losing.  

It's not like the goal difference wasn't important for Liverpool against Leicester. Leicester looked like they had already gone down, yet Liverpool won by 3.

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

Imagine us having to rely on Southampton keeping Liverpool out on the last day, fuck that. No freak result tomorrow night, just get it done.

100% this.

Those jammy cunts will get every fucking bit of help they can from the officials too