Safe standing

NUFC91

The Strawberry Corner, as good as it is in there, just isn’t big enough to 

A) accommodate those that want to sing and stand 

B) big enough to generate enough noise for the rest of the stadium.

I’d honestly be suggesting two 5,000 person standing areas at either end of the ground. 

Just now, Hovagod said:

So now season ticket holders disappointed to not get a ticket to a cup final are being criticised for their response to this as imagined by guessers?

nice one 

It’s not a guess. Already seen people moaning about it on Twitter 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

It’s not a guess. Already seen people moaning about it on Twitter 

Oh right. You said ‘looking forward’. Didn’t realise you were responding to something that has already happened. Apologies. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

After the ticket issues for the cup final, I’m looking forward to the season ticket fume when some people are asked to move to create a safe standing section.

I sincerely hope it’s bigger than just the Strawberry Corner, as that is already effectively at capacity and has more that sit then don’t. 

Is there a link to this survey?

9 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Hopefully a deliberate decision to reduce the number of people that say no [emoji38]

If they give the East Stand, Leazes and Milburn a say I wouldn’t be shocked to see the seats ripped out only to be replaced by cushioned ones.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

A few with season tickets need shaken up, if they don’t want to create an atmosphere they certainly won’t want to be in a standing section.

If season ticket holders are the problem why are cup games the worst atmosphere?

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Hopefully only a very small minority would be fully resistant to moving, but it's easy to be pessimistic about certain SJP attendees potentially sacrificing something for the greater good.

A safe standing section as large as regulations allow would be tremendous,  and I think those in it would really make the most of it. 

There will be plenty who would moan.  Loads who see it as ‘their’ seat.  They’re as bad as the dozy owld sods who sit in the same seat in the club (CIU) every day of the week.