Safe standing

NUFC91

13 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

It’s funny how many clubs have stands that stand for the whole game without safe standing. 

Villa Holte End ( @brummiecan you confirm please?)

Leeds

Man Utd (Stratford End)

Chelsea (even before safe standing)

Arsenal (more and more happening now)

Liverpool (ironically)

Forest 

Everton 

Yep agree, i moved to Bucks around 9 years ago now and travel up for home games. 3 of my mates have season tickets at emirates and commented prior to standing other than chanting "Arsenal" nothing travelled around ground. Simve standing they seen increase in variety of songs snd obviously improved Atmosphere

30 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

It’s funny how many clubs have stands that stand for the whole game without safe standing. 

Villa Holte End ( @brummiecan you confirm please?)

Leeds

Man Utd (Stratford End)

Chelsea (even before safe standing)

Arsenal (more and more happening now)

Liverpool (ironically)

Forest 

Everton 

Holte End and lower North Stand at our place

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Hi all,

I have pushed the trust in regards to bringing this to the clubs attention and they said they've not heard much from other members which is dissapointing. 

Today was so depressing, sitting in 4th and cup semi final, me and few lads in Leazes corner getting told to sit down and funny looks for trying to get an atmosphere going. To hear lads getting letters for persistant standing as well is madness. Apart from 15 mins it was shite.

What annoys me is I honestly think this is the biggest issue we have as a club, a great team and fanbase that aren't matching. Safe standing and like minded fans together will improve this, we all know this.

The most annoying thimg is all the fans and the trust do is bitch and moan about loyal points and ticketing systen. Our shit atmosphere is more important than people moaning about tickets for final we haven't reached. Todah I actually thought it would be better watching on tele. If we fet into Europe we HAVE to improve this.

Lets stop moaning and email below, only voice we have into club.

[email protected]

Get behind the lads!!! Howay United

Well done for bringing this up. And it’s absolutely right to say that the lack of atmosphere is one of the most pressing issues at the club that needs urgent addressing. No matter how much the media pipe us off and tell us how good we are, the simple fact is that for most games the atmosphere is woeful, bar the odd moments in a game. And even though it’s great what Wor Flags do, those flags add nothing to the atmosphere once kick off starts.

So much of the damage that Ashley did to the club is being repaired. But the silence of SJP needs addressing. It’s not a bear pit anymore and it needs to be. With how things are going on the field right now the place should be rocking at every game but for the most part it’s like a library. And it IS depressing to witness.

34 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Well done for bringing this up. And it’s absolutely right to say that the lack of atmosphere is one of the most pressing issues at the club that needs urgent addressing. No matter how much the media pipe us off and tell us how good we are, the simple fact is that for most games the atmosphere is woeful, bar the odd moments in a game. And even though it’s great what Wor Flags do, those flags add nothing to the atmosphere once kick off starts.

So much of the damage that Ashley did to the club is being repaired. But the silence of SJP needs addressing. It’s not a bear pit anymore and it needs to be. With how things are going on the field right now the place should be rocking at every game but for the most part it’s like a library. And it IS depressing to witness.

Spot on, wish those moaning about cup final tickets loyalty points etc woulf put as much emphasis on this issue.

It should not be hard to get the trust to rally the club but all focusing on crap like shirt sponsors...god help us

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Exactly that, any fan should be happy to move for sake of club imo.

It's a must for club in our position

Agree with your point overall, but this is a sticking point.

There are a lot of ST holders who stuck through the Ashley years, the protests etc and couldn't muster the energy to delay going into games to make a point.

I know a few and they're fucking selfish "nobody is telling me what to do/I've been going since 19XX and never missed a game". They're the same fucks who come in late, gan for a pint on 30 odd minutes and rush out before the end of the game to beat the rush on the metro.

Hate digging at fellow fans, but some people put their personal supporting accolades above the very thing they claim to support.

Said it before but the club needs to work on a mass ST move in the summer to allow for like minded fans to join up. Not sure how they do it but it needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

There are a lot of ST holders who stuck through the Ashley years, the protests etc and couldn't muster the energy to delay going into games to make a point.

I know a few and they're fucking selfish "nobody is telling me what to do/I've been going since 19XX and never missed a game". They're the same fucks who come in late, gan for a pint on 30 odd minutes and rush out before the end of the game to beat the rush on the metro.

Hate digging at fellow fans, but some people put their personal supporting accolades above the very thing they claim to support.

Said it before but the club needs to work on a mass ST move in the summer to allow for like minded fans to join up. Not sure how they do it but it needs to be done.

Good point, but the answer is through the Trust. It’s the only way it can be lobbied properly.

12 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Spot on, wish those moaning about cup final tickets loyalty points etc woulf put as much emphasis on this issue.

It should not be hard to get the trust to rally the club but all focusing on crap like shirt sponsors...god help us

To be honest, the arse-kissing that is being done to us by the media at the moment isn’t actually doing us any favours. It’s actually bringing in complacency already. People are already turning up at games just expecting to be entertained. Unfortunately the flag displays are in danger of being the be all and end all when it comes to the belief that SJP somehow has a good atmosphere. I’m all for the displays, they are great, but noise and songbooks are far more important.

If it’s true that an expansion of SJP, or brand new stadium, is being planned, then the club absolutely must work with fans to ensure that seating arrangements are very carefully planned to enable like-minded fans to sit/stand together.

The new owners have been magnificent so far, but getting the REAL atmosphere back at SJP will be one of the most critical issues that they must address.

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Good point, but the answer is through the Trust. It’s the only way it can be lobbied properly.

Agreed.

I know it's not within their remit so-to-speak, but maybe wor flags could use their position amongst fans and media (and even the club) to help with a concerted effort to re-introduce songs and try and generate more organic atmospheres without major displays and music played at 11.

In the meantime we can lobby True.... The nufc trust [emoji38] jks

Used to be in L7 singing section before Ashley took the huff and canned it. Atmosphere was always great up there and we’d stand all game. 

Nowadays I’m near the pitch in Strawberry corner and stand all game. Seems to be an acceptance that it’s an unofficial standing & singing section, have never had bother with stewards.

For me it will always be noisier when standing. The physical aspect of shouting / singing loudly is easier when you’re stood up. Never mind the psychological impact of being more inclined to get involved in shouting / singing if you’re stood up in a group with like minded folk. 

It’s the same as when watching live music.  

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Used to be in L7 singing section before Ashley took the huff and canned it. Atmosphere was always great up there and we’d stand all game. 

Nowadays I’m near the pitch in Strawberry corner and stand all game. Seems to be an acceptance that it’s an unofficial standing & singing section, have never had bother with stewards.

For me it will always be noisier when standing. The physical aspect of shouting / singing loudly is easier when you’re stood up. Never mind the psychological impact of being more inclined to get involved in shouting / singing if you’re stood up in a group with like minded folk. 

It’s the same as when watching live music.  

Aye the old L7 was great. 

Did you not see plenty of stewards in the SC all game today? They were back and forth all game. That won’t end well imo. 

5 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Aye the old L7 was great. 

Did you not see plenty of stewards in the SC all game today? They were back and forth all game. That won’t end well imo. 

Nah, although I’m in front section on Gallowgate side of Strawberry Corner so wouldn’t have seen anything apart from first few rows.

We all stand every game and stewards never say owt. 

58 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Aye mate the prawn sandwich brigade, complain about anything and everything. All the more reason to get some lads together standing and have a laugh

23 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Would be good to get some old school ‘The Leazes’ chants. And perhaps the Gallowgate would respond back to out do it.

“sing in the Leazes”

”why’s the corner full of shit”

”the scoreboard *clap clap * the scoreboard “

Great days :)

21 hours ago, TheGuv said:

this is true but I don’t think the board / leadership fill most with confidence 

The Trust would do fuck all, as usual,

unless it directly benefitted on of the board members.

Fully agree though. I think L7 would be the only feasible option for the club though, basically where it used to be from 08-10. I noticed a fair few people standing up there yesterday from my seat. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

The Trust would do fuck all, as usual,

unless it directly benefitted on of the board members.

Fully agree though. I think L7 would be the only feasible option for the club though, basically where it used to be from 08-10. I noticed a fair few people standing up there yesterday from my seat. 

Fact one of their discussion points was Castrore says it all...

40 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Remember that day well even the East Stand concourse was bouncing all through half time to the Andy Cole song.

That’s what proper support is not this flag waving karaoke pre and post match with the tannoy drowning out the crowd.

When people went to football to have a laugh and a bit crack. Not like current boring lot.

How many season ticket holders do we have? I know the section where is sit it's different faces every week, none of them sing. We need safe standing as soon as possible, make the entire east stand safe standing, the place would be bouncing.