[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I mean ideally and philosophically you'd be able to quantify everybody's loyalty and the most loyal/deserving fans would get the tickets

But the only quantifying way to do that is through season tickets and ticket history. I'm not sure what else the club could have done or could do in the future?

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No of course, if everyone had the same opportunity and all things were equal. Then having a ST would be a much better measure.

Nice one, was just making sure you hadn't gone completely off the reservation. :lol:

I can't even really be that mad with those who kept tickets and kept accruing loyalty points through the Ashley years, though, because there's no way they got much pleasure out of it.

It was a net negative and they're sort of getting paid back a bit for that now, even if you think they did nothing to help force change we can't say for sure that it would've made any difference if they'd stopped going and gave up their points like so many others.

A lot of them were here pre-Ashley, too, following the club home and away is just what they do.

I’m not really suggesting anything practical, just an interesting idea. 

In future, maybe a season ticket could guarantee every home game, and we could look into other ways to distribute the other tickets. If we wanted to be fairer and allow more fans to follow their team. 

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Not sure there’s really any difference to yesterday? Although we knew today’s numbers would be small

402B8317-7E30-4AF7-BF97-99FC80793BFC.thumb.jpeg.287dd9a09eebac3608e438b8457ada63.jpeg

Are those level 2 blocks 228-237 available through NUFC to purchase then? It says they're 'Club Wembley' seats - but colour= available?

Edited by Superior Acuña

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Nice one, was just making sure you hadn't gone completely off the reservation. :lol:

I can't even really be that mad with those who kept tickets and kept accruing loyalty points through the Ashley years, though, because there's no way they got much pleasure out of it.

It was a net negative and they're sort of getting paid back a bit for that now, even if you think they did nothing to help force change we can't say for sure that it would've made any difference if they'd stopped going and gave up their points like so many others.

A lot of them were here pre-Ashley, too, following the club home and away is just what they do.

Yeah, I tried to avoid the Ashley loyalty argument, will only wind people up and everyone has their own reasons and beliefs about it. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Are those level 2 blocks 228-237 available through NUFC to purchase then? It says they're (Club?) 'Wembley' seats - but colour= available?

Looks like it:

2E53F309-92F2-41E6-BD90-8DE451E88FFF.thumb.jpeg.63b875a7d19b846270ca6512578be43f.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Looks like it:

2E53F309-92F2-41E6-BD90-8DE451E88FFF.thumb.jpeg.63b875a7d19b846270ca6512578be43f.jpeg

Interesting. I thought Club Wembley ones were not released to the clubs - were available to 'Club Wembley members' as 'neutral' areas. It was a Club Wembley seat I bought 

from resale before the semi was played. For one of the greyed out parts though I assume. 

Guess they've failed to shift a lot of Club Wembley memberships so have reserved part of the area for clubs. 

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Interesting. I thought Club Wembley ones were not released to the clubs - were available to 'Club Wembley members' as 'neutral' areas. It was a Club Wembley seat I bought 

from resale before the semi was played. For one of the greyed out parts though I assume. 

Guess they've failed to shift a lot of Club Wembley memberships so have reserved part of the area for clubs. 

Yeah. Which means the allocation for the clubs could actually have been even less than it is now, had they been bought as CW.

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure it’s a good idea for me to continue this line of argument :lol:

I was going to jump in to defend you, because I see what you’re getting at and I think you’re totally right that there should be more parity between all of the Newcastle fans having a crack at tickets, but I don’t want to put my head above the trench. :lol: 

I mean there's plenty of talk about making things more equal but there doesn't seem to be any alternative suggestions to how they're doing it? Other than a completely random ballot for all 'Newcastle' fans?

'Newcastle' in inverted commas because it's bound to attract touts and people who have no desire to go, just wanting to sell for a profit

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I mean there's plenty of talk about making things more equal but there doesn't seem to be any alternative suggestions to how they're doing it? Other than a completely random ballot for all 'Newcastle' fans?

'Newcastle' in inverted commas because it's bound to attract touts and people who have no desire to go, just wanting to sell for a profit

Sure, very valid points. Don’t want to ruin the cup thread any more TBH :lol:

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I mean ideally and philosophically you'd be able to quantify everybody's loyalty and the most loyal/deserving fans would get the tickets

But the only quantifying way to do that is through season tickets and ticket history. I'm not sure what else the club could have done or could do in the future?

I reckon it should be a complicated equation of time spent online on here, number of posts, number of likes per posts (since we moved over to this forum),time spent banned, amount of warnings received, amount of grammatical errors (to honour Dave) and amount of " :lol: "s received. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

exactly. 

we all love the club but it’s natural that those who have put the most money through the till will be rewarded (I appreciate those who boycotted because of ashley might now be disadvantaged but I’d guess a lot if these will know enough people to source tickets anyway). 

tomorrow will be carnage as most people from pots 1 and 2 (like me) will be in trying to get through to book groups.

i dont think the club thought this through properly.

monday and tuesday were relatively quiet and easy to log in and book.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

tomorrow will be carnage as most people from pots 1 and 2 (like me) will be in trying to get through to book groups.

Brian Blessed and Charlotte were consulted and said it was ok .. so you can’t completely blame the club 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Loyalty, though, is meaningless in the context of ‘supporting’ the club.  It’s not as if I’m going to change who I support - I’m from Newcastle.  Other options are not available.

Those who, unlike me, didn’t stop going in the Ashley years and have the ST & points should absolutely be front of the queue - and if there’s no tickets left when they’ve had their chance, that’s absolutely fair too.  Sitting on my arse watching every game on telly isn’t the same commitment to the club and its coffers as going home and away each week - and the tyranny of distance now that I don’t live in the UK isn’t a just reason to feel hard done by, either.  Cup finals should be the reward for those lads and lasses who go week-in week-out, not a jolly day out for those who weren’t there the rest of the time - which includes me. 

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

You’ve a whole 22 hours 🙂 You’ll be fine. There looks around 25K tickets left and they ain’t running out.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Loyalty, though, is meaningless in the context of ‘supporting’ the club.  It’s not as if I’m going to change who I support - I’m from Newcastle.  Other options are not available.

Those who, unlike me, didn’t stop going in the Ashley years and have the ST & points should absolutely be front of the queue - and if there’s no tickets left when they’ve had their chance, that’s absolutely fair too.  Sitting on my arse watching every game on telly isn’t the same commitment to the club and its coffers as going home and away each week - and the tyranny of distance now that I don’t live in the UK isn’t a just reason to feel hard done by, either.  Cup finals should be the reward for those lads and lasses who go week-in week-out, not a jolly day out for those who weren’t there the rest of the time - which includes me. 

There's definitely an argument to be made that those who kept their season tickets after Rafa left should be right back of the queue mind. Obviously that would never happen, but there is a question to be made who were the most loyal to the club at that point, the fan who kept the ST or the one that gave it up. 0

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

You’ve a whole 22 hours 🙂 You’ll be fine. There looks around 25K tickets left and they ain’t running out.

nah it was just getting 4 together.

we'll all get tickets no probs.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

nah it was just getting 4 together.

we'll all get tickets no probs.

Also since P1 finished I’ve noted in P2 you have to buy seats very end of row if buying just 1 ticket to help larger groups stay together.