Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I think 10 points would be a bit much but consider (and I know I keep banging on about this) Everton were going to get 5pts for their second deduction and that was for being £16m over.

The only reason it got reduced was because they had already been deducted points last season and they had lost income from Usmanov being sanctioned by the Government.

60 is a lot more than 16. We also have no migration :lol:

im not saying we’d have got 10 but I think best case would have been 7. 

Sounds silly I know, but a mess because the club are trying to compete as quickly as possible, is much more appealing than a mess due to self sabotage like under previous owners, at least this mess comes from a good place :lol: 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully we learn from it, to be that far over with only a day left to sell is a shocking tbh. Not sure who is even responsible for it, is it a sporting director ?

I know the risk makes it feel that way but it’s actually the best time to sell, we got full use out of those players for and are booking profits for them in the period we got said use. 

If we are to continue to be ambitious in the transfer market we have to accept that player sales are apart of it, we just don’t have the revenue to spend like a Sky 6 club. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I know the risk makes it feel that way but it’s actually the best time to sell, we got full use out of those players for and are booking profits for them in the period we got said use. 

If we are to continue to be ambitious in the transfer market we have to accept that player sales are apart of it, we just don’t have the revenue to spend like a Sky 6 club. 

I’d imagine next summer will be easier tbh, if we make more quality signings this window, losing a top player next summer will be easier to swallow.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully we learn from it, to be that far over with only a day left to sell is a shocking tbh. Not sure who is even responsible for it, is it a sporting director ?

All deals are signed off by the ceo and chairman, so they would have been well aware of the situation. Can only think they expected more commercial deals and a higher PL finish to close the gap. It’s almost like the club wanted and expected someone to trigger Bruno’s clause or bid 120 mill for Isak. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d imagine next summer will be easier tbh, if we make more quality signings this window, losing a top player next summer will be easier to swallow.

I don’t think so, I think we have a very strong attachment with our players and any that perform well we won’t be happy with them leaving. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Easy to say that now but come next summer and we have to sell Isak a lot of people will be full of rage asking how it's came to this etc

I dont understand this rule, as a club you have money in the bank burning a hole in your pocket but YOU must sell an asset or two before a certain date instead of deducting it from your transfer funds?!?!

59 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’m confused as to how our financial deficit was so big and how fine we were cutting it right down to the last few days of this cut off? I don’t agree with PSR but we also know the rules. They must’ve been aware of figures months and months ago.

I've read this so many times now. Human nature is to work up to deadlines when there are two parties involved in a negotiation (now add multiple parties and the effect is multiplied). Stop getting your knickers in a twist over process, the outcome is a success.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I just find it very strange that we've know about a £50 million hole in the finances for months and have kept it until the final days to start scrambling around for deals. There's definitely something else at play.

Hmmm I see what you mean but who could we have sold in January for that much to fill the hole?Bruno and Isak at that point right? Kicking the can was the logical option imo. 

42 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think so, having to find 60m plus in a day is massively concerning. And this anti psr narrative is of little value given the mechanisms that existing to actually change the rules. 

Ive questioned so many times where the revenue will come from to allow us to compete and I’m still none the wiser. 

They didn't start working on the deals on Sunday morning man [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I just find it very strange that we've know about a £50 million hole in the finances for months and have kept it until the final days to start scrambling around for deals. There's definitely something else at play.

They were waiting to see if Bruno's clause was met I reckon, that's why it expired a week before the 30th June deadline. If we'd sold Minteh & Anderson to plug the gap then someone had picked up Bruno for £100m we'd have sold two promising youngsters for no reason.

Close shave but think there will be some big celebrations over how they’ve done. This was always going to be the toughest period to hit PSR for and we’ve done it without losing any of our star players.

We have some of the best talent in the world and we likely have a really good budget for this summer. Exciting times. 

Great month of potential transfers ahead of us then into pre-season. All this will all seem like ancient history by this time next month.

By the time the next cycle comes around we will hopefully have learned our lesson, planned well ahead and have a competent DoF in place.

28 minutes ago, 54 said:

Sounds silly I know, but a mess because the club are trying to compete as quickly as possible, is much more appealing than a mess due to self sabotage like under previous owners, at least this mess comes from a good place :lol: 

Sadly the bed wetters on here can't see the bigger picture?

10 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

They were waiting to see if Bruno's clause was met I reckon, that's why it expired a week before the 30th June deadline. If we'd sold Minteh & Anderson to plug the gap then someone had picked up Bruno for £100m we'd have sold two promising youngsters for no reason.

Definitely plausible.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

My best guess is they expected Bruno to leave.

Just now, Bunk Moreland said:

Great month of potential transfers ahead of us then into pre-season. All this will all seem like ancient history by this time next month.

By the time the next cycle comes around we will hopefully have learned our lesson, planned well ahead and have a competent DoF in place.

Don't think we will be able to spend as much in this "cycle " if we are wanting to be comfortably not near breaching next time

Then ambition will be called into question from the same section whinging why we are selling now

Proper catch 22