Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

19 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

It's a combination of tiredness, lack of depth and players with one eye on the cup final. 

We're still punching massively above our weight, and our fans need to stop reacting like fickle and entitled arseholes. Just my opinion.

Spot on nee wonder St Jame’s is silent unless we score, worse fans in the top flight by a country mile at the min bar probably a hardcore of 2k away fans.

No perspective writing players off who’ve played their hearts out this season it’s fucking embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Yep, that would motivate him and the squad. 

Would you mind explaining how insisting a player sticks to his contract would demotivate the squad? He wanted to leave for money and job security, but we don’t have depth. I’d rather protect our interests than his. 

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

What about 3  points against 3 teams fighting for their lives with the Leeds and West Ham?

If you don’t take them 3 points then

Every 1 of our players gave 100 percent to try and win those games, as they did today. They tried to win, they didn't get beat, that's a win for me every game

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Sure, but you did refer to fans as “fickle and entitled arseholes”. Nothing fickle or entitled about massive disappointment at today’s wretched performance. 

Massive disappointment give your head a shake man.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Sure, but you did refer to fans as “fickle and entitled arseholes”. Nothing fickle or entitled about massive disappointment at today’s wretched performance. 

Some fans, and I totally stand by that.

The reaction by some has been both hysterical and embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

Every 1 of our players gave 100 percent to try and win those games, as they did today. They tried to win, they didn't get beat, that's a win for me every game

Difference for me is we played well in those games. We didn’t today. Nobody is saying we expect a win every match, some are just saying we didn’t play well today. Round and round and round and round….

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Boring. I’m very disappointed with our performance today. Howe said he was too - should he “give his head a shake”? Get out of the echo chamber.

Get some perspective man 1 defeat all season, in the top 4 and a cup final.

You can’t see the big picture as your post in the Eddie Howe thread shows. It’s about more than this game or this season, what do you expect from this group of players they’re fucking knackered man. 

Edited by Whitley mag

It’s a perfect storm really. Teams working us out, probably a bit of fatigue, one eye on the cup final…I guess you could add Bruno’s absence to that but he was in the team for some of this lacklustre run.

The thing is we haven’t been an irresistible attacking force in many games, we are usually good front runners where if we get ahead and teams keep attacking (Villa, Brentford) then we’ll pick them off. Obviously it’s all built on a solid defence and keeper. Teams seem to have realised our left channel is a bit slow and teams can turn us around by playing over the top into that area. Burn is a tremendous defender but during this time without Bruno we need all the outlets we can get and he’s looked every bit a centre half playing full back. It’s something else that contributes to us being quite easy to stop. 

It’s easy with hindsight but I think we’ve had a bad January window. We are short in central midfield and up front although I do understand why Shelvey and Wood left, neither have really been replaced. Gordon looks decent and I think we needed a new wide option regardless but with Wilson’s injury record it’s a huge risk to only have him and Isak. It was evident tonight how much better Wilson’s all round game is than Isak’s, his hold up play in particular was missed tonight. Isak is obviously very talented though but needs time to adapt fully.

We’ll see how bad the injuries are from tonight but I had been very confident of beating Liverpool to now not being sure at all. They won’t sit back which should suit us but we are going to have more than one eye on the final I’m sure

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Get some perspective man 1 defeat all season, in the top 4 and a cup final.

You can’t see the big picture as you’re post in the Eddie Howe thread shows. It’s about more than this game or this season, what do you expect from this group of players they’re fucking knackered man. 

Totally see the big picture. To be clear: we are having a great season. I am very impressed with all involved. However, today’s performance was shit. I’m not saying it invalidates everything, but today’s performance was undoubtedly not a good performance. It’s brain-rot to disagree. We passed the ball to the other side over and over again.

11 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Would you mind explaining how insisting a player sticks to his contract would demotivate the squad? He wanted to leave for money and job security, but we don’t have depth. I’d rather protect our interests than his. 

If you don’t get it there’s no point explaining it to you 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Totally see the big picture. To be clear: we are having a great season. I am very impressed with all involved. However, today’s performance was shit. I’m not saying it invalidates everything, but today’s performance was undoubtedly not a good performance. It’s brain-rot to disagree. We passed the ball to the other side over and over again.

Performances like these happen. Even Liverpool with Salah are having worse performances than these. 

I think the lack of options available to Howe to freshen things up and rotate is starting to take its toll. 

We're 1 or 2 windows away from having a very good XI. A few more windows after that maybe until we have a very good squad. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Performances like these happen. Even Liverpool with Salah are having worse performances than these. 

I think the lack of options available to how to freshen things up and rotate is starting to take its toll. 

We're 1 or 2 windows away from having a very good XI. A few more windows after that maybe until we have a very good squad. 

All valid. We were still shit. That’s all I’m saying: today, we were shit. We are of course allowed some off days, but I’m allowed to call them such.