Yankuba Minteh

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Very much this. If selling minteh allows us to bring in real top class winger I’ll suck it up. If it’s done to bring in DCL i just can’t get excited about it 

PSR is done in three year cycles. This June 30th is the end of a 3 year cycle. Selling Minteh is to pass the current 3 year cycle of PSR. Doing the deal with Everton also helps them do the same, while also getting a player the club value in DCL. We are not selling Minteh in order to buy DCL!

This then means from July our spending power opens up again and gives us another 3 years of time to make sure we fall within PSR, and so we can spend quite freely and have a much longer time period to balance the books etc, which will include getting more commercial deals and all that stuff.

Having then passed the current PSR period, it will mean from July 1st we can spend a pretty significant amount of money, depending on how much the club has decided to budget for the summer, and how much they want to push the boat out.

Again, we are not selling Minteh, in order to spend the funds on DCL!

Just now, KaKa said:

PSR is done in three year cycles. This June 30th is the end of a 3 year cycle. Selling Minteh is to pass the current 3 year cycle of PSR. Doing the deal with Everton also helps them do the same, while also getting a player the club value in DCL. We are not selling Minteh in order to buy DCL!

This then means from July our spending power opens up again and gives us another 3 years of time to make sure we fall within PSR, and so we can spend quite freely and have a much longer time period to balance the books etc, which will include getting more commercial deals and all that stuff.

Having then passed the current PSR period, it will mean from July 1st we can spend a pretty significant amount of money, depending on how much the club has decided to budget for the summer, and how much they want to push the boat out.

Yeah thats bollocks. It's not separate 3 year cycles it's rolling. Guess the obscure Romanian bloggers you count as journalists didn't explain that one

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Yeah thats bollocks. It's not separate 3 year cycles it's rolling. Guess the obscure Romanian bloggers you count as journalists didn't explain that one

Please explain then.

Just now, KaKa said:

Please explain then.

You don't understand the word rolling? So 22, 23,24 is one block. Next year it's 23,24,25 . It's seriously not difficult. Did you sleep through forest and Everton getting done?

As much as I don't like this move, we're slightly bent over a barrel here with needing to sell before the end of June.

No one is going to rush a move for Almiron or Longstaff before the end of June, so the only real options are creative moves like this, allowing players to leave at a discounted price to rush the deal through, or selling a star player like Isak or Bruno.

You don't understand the word rolling? So 22, 23,24 is one block. Next year it's 23,24,25 . It's seriously not difficult. Did you sleep through forest and Everton getting done?

:lol:

Fair enough. Now guys, if you're going to deliver shots like this when I misunderstand something, please no complaining when I do it in future, okay? Because for some reason no one remembers this when I do it!

Okay so we won't have another 3 years of leeway, but still it opens up bit more time, and the Minteh money is not being swallowed up by the money spent on DCL, because they don't count against the PSR in the same way, correct?

The french press have Marseille, Roma and Everton in for Minteh. I've an idea how to get around the PSR problem by the end of the month. Sell Tonali for 30m back to Italy, we won't have missed anything as apart from one game he was at best average and the rest of the time suspended.  And the fucker hasn't apologised.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Fair enough. Now guys, if you're going to deliver shots like this when I misunderstand something, please no complaining when I do it in future, okay? Because for some reason no one remembers this when I do it!

Okay so we won't have another 3 years of leeway, but still it opens up bit more time, and the Minteh money is not being swallowed up by the money spent on DCL, because they don't count against the PSR in the same way, correct?

We'll be able to bank the net profit of the Minteh sale all in the current accounting year (selling price minus current remaining c.£6m remaining net book value).

I believe the amortisation of players transfer fees can probably be calculated daily so if we sign him on June 30th we'll only day 1 day of 5 years of his transfer fee amortised in this accounting year (1/1,825th of the transfer fee).

Just now, Eveready said:

We'll be able to bank the net profit of the Minteh sale all in the current accounting year (selling price minus current remaining c.£6m remaining net book value).

I believe the amortisation of players transfer fees can probably be calculated daily so if we sign him on June 30th we'll only day 1 day of 5 years of his transfer fee amortised in this accounting year (1/1,825th of the transfer fee).

So if we sell Minteh for £37m and sign DCL for the same value the impact in our current financial year would be:

+£37m from Minteh sale

-£6m from Minteh's remaining net book value

-£0.02m from 1 day of £37m DCL's transfer fee amortised over 5 years

£30.98m Net profit

2 minutes ago, Eveready said:

I hear you.

Ultimately year on year, the commercial team, need to be working over time on ways to improve the money coming in. Could do with some hotels to flog too!

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah luckily for you its not painstakingly spelt out every day on here. That would be embarrassing 

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes I get psr mate. my comments are in relation to the story yesterday of minteh going to Everton and DCL coming here. Again pack in the condesending attitude I understand how it works. I’m just not keen on the deal with Everton 

Edited by gdm

Yeah luckily for you its not painstakingly spelt out every day on here. That would be embarrassing 

Cool, so the premise of what I said still stands then. We just don't have full 3 year cycles.

Thanks for your enlightenment and for being such a gracious guru, oh PSR wise one.

18 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

The french press have Marseille, Roma and Everton in for Minteh. I've an idea how to get around the PSR problem by the end of the month. Sell Tonali for 30m back to Italy, we won't have missed anything as apart from one game he was at best average and the rest of the time suspended.  And the fucker hasn't apologised.

Worst take in the last couple of days - and thats some achievement. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Yes I get psr mate. my comments are in relation to the story yesterday of minteh going to Everton and DCL coming here. Again pack in the condesending attitude I understand how it works. I’m just not keen on the deal with Everton 

Your post read as though you thought the money from Minteh was for the DCL deal. Was just trying to clarify that.

The club do like DCL, but the Minteh thing with Everton also helps us out, will be interesting to see if there's any buy back inserted.

If so, then we do rate the guy and are just doing what's necessary, if not, then it likely means we don't rate him.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Your post read as though you thought the money from Minteh was for the DCL deal. Was just trying to clarify that.

The club do like DCL, but the Minteh thing with Everton also helps us out, will be interesting to see if there's any buy back inserted.

If so, then we do rate the guy and are just doing what's necessary, if not, then it likely means we don't rate him.

I’ve said repeatedly if minteh does go I hope it’s out with the premier league and I really don’t like the thought of signing DCL no matter how much the club value him. That’s just my opinions.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’ve said repeatedly if minteh does go I hope it’s out with the premier league and I really don’t like the thought of signing DCL no matter how much the club value him. That’s just my opinions.

Okay, got you!

Don't worry, you'll feel better when DCL is cooking with Isak next season ;)

Edited by KaKa

30 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

20240608_064516.thumb.jpg.a91758fba9bf63d9682b3549b2723bf7.jpg

1 hour ago, christ said:

That’s an overly simplistic way of looking at it because of the way FFP works.

But even accepting that statement as true, we need to raise the floor as well as the ceiling. Last season our biggest issue was squad depth - the existence of it or quality of it. If we’re serious about competing we need a bigger pool of Premier League ready players. 

We will be playing less games this season and I’m sure nobody wants to suffer another season of watching Almiron starting. We can still improve our first team and this should be the focus. 

Also, if Minteh is to be sold let’s make sure his position is improved. Absolutely nothing wrong with DCL and Kilman but as I said yesterday, I don’t want to hear the club crying about FFP when we keep shopping in waitrose for squad players at that. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We will be playing less games this season and I’m sure nobody wants to suffer another season of watching Almiron starting. We can still improve our first team and this should be the focus. 

Also, if Minteh is to be sold let’s make sure his position is improved. Absolutely nothing wrong with DCL and Kilman but as I said yesterday, I don’t want to hear the club crying about FFP when we keep shopping in waitrose for squad players at that. 

Let’s see how things stand at the end of the transfer window, eh? 

5 minutes ago, christ said:

Let’s see how things stand at the end of the transfer window, eh? 

Enough with this voice of reason crack. 

Lets just roll with the Brexit Eddie, Waitrose shopping, flog the deadwood, just take the points intellectuals