NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Can’t see anyone paying £80m for Longstaff. Which is what he’s worth.

IMG_4138.gif

Anywhere close to £20m would be nice 

£25-£30m for Longstaff with Tonali coming back and possibly Ederson (or similar) coming in for £35m makes more sense to me than selling Bruno for £80m (or even £100m).

£5m for Big JL gives us £25m of FFP wiggle room now, a combination of Schar/Botman/Burn/Krafth/PaullyD should get us through to the summer, I'd only sell if the cash is to be used now however.

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

There’s a shed load of players that need binning in the summer 

Dummett

Hendrick

Ritchie 

Hayden

Fraser

Manquillo

Targett

(Longstaff and Wilson)

Reluctantly, i'd add Willock to that list as well. We just can't rely on him because he can't stay fit.

If we could sell him and sign a similarly dynamic player with better end product, i'd put sentiment aside and go for it.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Besiktas allegedly bid for Lascelles.

I watched them a few weeks and Amartey was getting boo'd every time he touched the ball - they just released Bailly too. I reckon this rumour is true.

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

But i don't believe we buy one dimensional players anymore, so having people making sweeping statements about he plays this position or that isn’t helpful at all, especially when they literally looked them up 20 minutes before.

For me the midfield seems to be full of players who can interchange, compliment each other, and switch swap. I don't think we pin our hopes on he's only capable of playing such a position these days, and when Howe could play his full deck of cards we could affect games differently, and you could see players were instructed to switch a fair bit.

I just get mildly irritated by the likes acting like they know everything about a player they'd not even heard of five minutes before they saw a rumour on twitter. [emoji38]

You are talking this and that and you’re very far from the simple point I’m making and you just don’t seem to get it, or refuse to see it.  Let’s just leave it at that :thup:

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Anything above 20 and I’d be ecstatic 

Over 30 for me, and I base that purely on players, like Scott, who Bournemouth signed, going for £25m. The transfer market is knackered, it needs turned off and back on again. 

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Reluctantly, i'd add Willock to that list as well. We just can't rely on him because he can't stay fit.

If we could sell him and sign a similarly dynamic player with better end product, i'd put sentiment aside and go for it.

Not a like for like as such but Yousuf Fofana  would be good - on a Bosnian too - similar age 

My dream scenario is Ederson AND Fofana

10 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

£25-£30m for Longstaff with Tonali coming back and possibly Ederson (or similar) coming in for £35m makes more sense to me than selling Bruno for £80m (or even £100m).

£5m for Big JL gives us £25m of FFP wiggle room now, a combination of Schar/Botman/Burn/Krafth/PaullyD should get us through to the summer, I'd only sell if the cash is to be used now however.

The Lascelles rumour is very true. This could be the end of fist pump.

£5m plus bonuses apparently.

So we shift Manq and Lascelles in 24 hours after the rumours about Edison.

I think there is defiantly movement here.

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

8cr5x4.jpg

We've essentially replaced him with Miley.

It won't be an issue next year, even if we make EC or EL I'd be happy to pad the bench with kids, you're then hoping that 1 or 2 step up enough to sit on the bench in the CL for 2025/2026.

Its more important to get a good core of 20, regardless of home grown than to limit that number for sake of one homegrown player

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

We've essentially replaced him with Miley.

It won't be an issue next year, even if we make EC or EL I'd be happy to pad the bench with kids, you're then hoping that 1 or 2 step up enough to sit on the bench in the CL for 2025/2026.

Its more important to get a good core of 20, regardless of home grown than to limit that number for sake of one homegrown player

It was an issue this year. We couldn't name a full CL squad because we were short of HG players. If Longstaff went and was only replaced with Miley and Ederson, as it currently stands we wouldn't be able to register Ederson for UEFA competitions.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

It was an issue this year. We couldn't name a full CL squad because we were short of HG players. If Longstaff went and was only replaced with Miley and Ederson, as it currently stands we wouldn't be able to register Ederson for UEFA competitions.

Tbf I don't think it'll be an issue next season

#facupwinners

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Not a like for like as such but Yousuf Fofana  would be good - on a Bosnian too - similar age 

My dream scenario is Ederson AND Fofana

I know nothing about this Ederson fella but our other Brazilians have turned out ok, so i'm in

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

And that was only a problem because the squad of non home grown players we have wasn't strong enough for the competition. 

I know we are poles apart but Man City only registered 21 players.