NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

38 minutes ago, toontownman said:

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1747589836352217233?s=20

Probably giggs'd this and it's already been posted. Having Miley more expensive than Gordon is certainly an interesting choice though. 

GD-uwORXIAAwwvZ.jpeg.thumb.jpg.82f4cbb37b5290fd57a5461e2418742f.jpg

I read that this morning, some of those valuations are almost dafter than the ones posted by someone in here a couple of days ago.

Absolutely worthless.

Or by my calculations (Top 5):

Isak 120m

Bruno 100m

Botman 60m

Joelinton 60m

Gordon 50m

I can deal with selling players but IF we have to sell players, we are putting clubs over a barrel and not letting players go for beans.

do you think we need to sell at least one of our top players to be able to spend around 130m next summer (similar spend as last summer on Tonali, Livra, Barnes) or the 200/225m bracket?

only Maxi as outgoing for sizeable amount last summer.

dont expect to see even 20m combined from Targett, Ritchie, Frasers etc. Wilson might pull in like 15m maybe if we sell?

I would hope we can spend around the same at least like last summer only if we sell the deadwood + Wilson. albeit 130m may not get us too much maybe 2 good starters and a good sub. well would need to turn out much better ones than what Tonali and Barnes actually could help us this season because thats almost a big fat nothing so far for various reasons.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Isak 120m

Bruno 100m

Botman 60m

Joelinton 60m

Gordon 50m

I can deal with selling players but IF we have to sell players, we are putting clubs over a barrel and not letting players go for beans.

I’d be putting Gordon a lot higher than £50m. He’s worth £75m in my book right now and he’s rising

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Isak 120m

Bruno 100m

Botman 60m

Joelinton 60m

Gordon 50m

End product is typically the most expensive to buy, which puts Gordon above Joelinton by my reckoning

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

The wording often used makes me think “surely clubs have scouted their targets enough earlier”

I wonder if often scouting trips when they're already well-known is just a club's way of showing, "this is how much we want you, we've come to see you live". 

9 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

End product is typically the most expensive to buy, which puts Gordon above Joelinton by my reckoning

Yeah there’s no way Gordon’s value is lower than Joelinton’s. He’s got what, 8 league goals and 6 assists if you included penalties won? Worth £60m easily. 

I watch a bit of the championship when I’m bored and have nothing else to gamble on. Seen some decent young players so far this season who wouldn’t surprise me if they went on to be top level players in the next few seasons. One that comes to mind is Philogene. No clue what Villa were thinking selling him for 5m. 

Dewsbury hall is good. Hackney. Archie Gray. Walker peters. Many others come to mind.

Lots of them would be tough to pry away from their clubs for cheap (because they aren’t stupid and know they have a player with load of potential on their hands + English tax) but I think it’s a market we would be smart to at least have a look at. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

And hes english and young. Add goals and assists and he should be worth a premium, when you see the other average english midfielder go for 40m.

that’s apparently the lower end of what Chelsea want for Gallagher and roughly what Man Utd wanted for McTominay 😂

28 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Gordon is way above Joelinton right now

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Gordon is way above Joelinton right now

To be honest Gordon is getting close to knocking on the door of that elite tier we have of Bruno, Botman, & Isak. If he can end the season with 10-12 goals I'd put him easily at the same value as Botman. 

37 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I watch a bit of the championship when I’m bored and have nothing else to gamble on.Seen some decent young players so far this season who wouldn’t surprise me if they went on to be top level players in the next few seasons. One that comes to mind is Philogene. No clue what Villa were thinking selling him for 5m. 

Dewsbury hall is good. Hackney. Archie Gray. Walker peters. Many others come to mind.

Lots of them would be tough to pry away from their clubs for cheap (because they aren’t stupid and know they have a player with load of potential on their hands + English tax) but I think it’s a market we would be smart to at least have a look at. 

Is that you Sandro?

38 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I watch a bit of the championship when I’m bored and have nothing else to gamble on. Seen some decent young players so far this season who wouldn’t surprise me if they went on to be top level players in the next few seasons. One that comes to mind is Philogene. No clue what Villa were thinking selling him for 5m. 

You can get Morgan Whittaker for circa £10m - no risk 3rd striker - can cover on the right - play as a 10

Better than having someone like Parkinson on the bench 

Miley has more than held his own in central midfield at 17 years old.

He already has good size and athleticism too, and is strong technically.

Really surprised people think his value is too high.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Miley has more than held his own in central midfield at 17 years old.

He already has good size and athleticism too, and is strong technically.

Really surprised people think his value is too high.

His only real weakness is his speed. He does not seem rapid.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Isak 120m

Bruno 100m

Botman 60m

Joelinton 60m

Gordon 50m

I'll raise you...Botman £100mil player in this market. Gordon £100mil as well. He's stepped up a level this season- performing way above the likes of Grealish