NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Got to say I'd like to have signings in sooner, if only to guarantee evading an ongoing saga about not being Eddie fit for most of the season...

I'd love to find out who Eddie would like to move on, other than the players who have been ostracised. 

This isn't meant to be negative towards Eddie, but he seems to be against selling anyone if you believe his interviews (Notably Wilson and Miggy). 

Just now, Weezertron said:

I'd love to find out who Eddie would like to move on, other than the players who have been ostracised. 

This isn't meant to be negative towards Eddie, but he seems to be against selling anyone if you believe his interviews (Notably Wilson and Miggy). 

I don’t know if I can trust anything Eddie says - if Wilson accepts he’s 3rd choice there may be an argument to keep him but then on the flip side there’s a possibility to cash in on him 

In any case I think Mitchell should have the power to intervene - that’s the job of a sporting director and that’s how the structure operates elsewhere - the coach is hired based on a clubs philosophy - if results don’t follow, he’s replaced - For me Howe is an excellent coach, include him in conversations in terms of recruits but he also has to recognise when a players time is up

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I don’t know if I can trust anything Eddie says - if Wilson accepts he’s 3rd choice there may be an argument to keep him but then on the flip side there’s a possibility to cash in on him 

In any case I think Mitchell should have the power to intervene - that’s the job of a sporting director and that’s how the structure operates elsewhere - the coach is hired based on a clubs philosophy - if results don’t follow, he’s replaced - For me Howe is an excellent coach, include him in conversations in terms of recruits but he also has to recognise when a players time is up

100% but I think thats exactly the kind of move (Mitchell intervening) that would put eddies nose out. I think Eddie was bemoaning Elliot Andersons PSR-related exit, but you could argue it'd never need to happen had we/he entertained moving on Wilson or Trippier in Jan.  

I'm just trying to get my head around how this is all gonna work at the club. We need to get better at selling at the right time to benefit us.

Edited by Weezertron

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Also needs to be reassured he’d be replaced same window of departure. If that’s not going to be the case you can see why EH would fight to keep him as it risks EH’s job not PM’s.

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Also needs to be reassured he’d be replaced same window of departure. If that’s not going to be the case you can see why EH would fight to keep him as it risks EH’s job not PM’s.

I agree on the reassurance side to a point - I mean they will all sit down and assess the squad top to bottom - where they see it in Aug - Jan - summer 25, but my view is Eddie has to accept players coming and going, it’s how projects work - in the hierarchy Mitchell is above him, Mitchell isn’t the 2nd coming of Dennis Wise and I am wholly confident the two will gel - EH just has to accept that modern football especially in the prem - I for one am thrilled with all these appointments as I see it only helping Eddie

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

It's almost as though he's a manager that doesn't want to upset players he might have to rely on. Strange mentality to some

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

It's almost as though he's a manager that doesn't want to upset players he might have to rely on. Strange mentality to some

I'm not saying he needs to throw players under the bus, which is why I said I'd love to know who he'd like to sell. 

I would say that since the change in ownership there has been a distinct lack of outgoings that would benefit PSR. 

Miggy is a difficult one. In all honesty we probably don’t have the PSR flexibility to bring in 2 RW’s to a standard we’d require which would mean he’s no longer needed. As it stands he’s our best back up option if we bring in 1 first team RW player. Murphy isn’t good enough, Don’t let a few sub appearances fool you.

On top of this Miggy doesn’t want to go, or at least not to the options he has been presented with. It’s pointless pissing off a player who will still be here.

27 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I'm not saying he needs to throw players under the bus, which is why I said I'd love to know who he'd like to sell. 

I would say that since the change in ownership there has been a distinct lack of outgoings that would benefit PSR. 

I'm sure most the squad he inherited is fair game, he's just not going to publicly say it. Dont know why a lack of outgoings is a mystery either. Unless we pretty much give them away I'm not sure what you expect us to do with the deadwood 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If that's not a clue that people have been reading too much into yesterday, then I don't know what is. Clearly states they're still in the early days of the new changes above him and working things out. That was always going to happen with a new Sporting Director no matter which SD and Head Coach we had. 

18 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I'm sure most the squad he inherited is fair game, he's just not going to publicly say it. Dont know why a lack of outgoings is a mystery either. Unless we pretty much give them away I'm not sure what you expect us to do with the deadwood 

I'd have sold Wilson and or Trippier. 

Edit - and kept Minteh and or Anderson. 

Edited by Weezertron

4 hours ago, Deuce said:

Your dreams: “we’re getting Alvarez from City.”

Reality: “NUFC proudly welcomes Franco Armani.”

Goalkeepers really seem to be the fashion these days

19 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

We had little choice with the latter. Fair enough on trippier although the tiny fee would have only been a negative. Cant think of any bids we rejected for Wilson other than a loan. 

I think the penny needs to drop with some fans that there are members of the squad who are decent on the pitch but are not sellable, whether due to contracts or injuries.

Theres nobody bidding for Miggy or Wilson - the club can’t sell them. Better to keep them motivated as both can be big contributors over the next season. Wilson might appear in only 20 games and score 10 goals. They are good players, but they are not attractive prospects in the transfer market.

11 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I think the penny needs to drop with some fans that there are members of the squad who are decent on the pitch but are not sellable, whether due to contracts or injuries.

Theres nobody bidding for Miggy or Wilson - the club can’t sell them. Better to keep them motivated as both can be big contributors over the next season. Wilson might appear in only 20 games and score 10 goals. They are good players, but they are not attractive prospects in the transfer market.

I agree thats the case, especially when we wait until their careers nosedive to consider selling. 

I'm not even sure what I'm arguing anymore. I just want the club to have better timing when it comes to selling. 

Edited by Weezertron

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

From Douglas:

It will get lost in the debate about his future but Howe told reporters here the club are not close on new signings and there is less than a month until the Premier League kicks off.

Internally there is no panic. The market, insiders have noted, has been slower than usual and in the likes of Sandro Tonali, Joelinton and a fully fit Harvey Barnes they have players returning in peak condition who can impact games.

But Newcastle need to get the right signings, trade well and bring in serious quality to shift the dial. It is understood recruitment meetings have been held here in Herzogenaurach but dominoes need to fall around Europe for things to start moving.

Going back to this, Raphinha?

4 hours ago, Weezertron said:

I would have took Salma Hayek out last weekend but it wasn’t going happen