NUFC Transfer Rumours

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Crumbs for the hungry! 

Don't know much about him, but probably fine. Most of our goalies are shit, and he can take over for Pope over time. Why did we sign Ruddy, by the way?

Edited by Erikse

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t think so, he gets team news right now and again.

Okay. Well, something to hope for I guess.

Even a young talent in Minteh's mould, to replace him, would be a decent addition.

I think it's clear that Eales and Mitchell have agreed to work on the targets already established by Eddie, JT and Nixon earlier in the summer. It was probably agreed after that Eddie interview in Germany :lol: He changed his tone after it and still seems very relaxed about the situation, even complimenting Mitchell and Buns. So after my initial total meltdown, I'm now cool with the summer failure. It's clear that we have salary room just for a single top level player and we have no genuine CB alternatives to Guehi. So now I'm of the opinion that it's better to keep our money for future windows..unless Chelsea are desperate tomorrow and we can get a good player in like Noni..

I wouldn't hold our apparent inability to identify and attract european talent against the club, although it kills me to watch the players Brighton have signed. Ashworth's betrayal and Amanda stepping down - losing the people that were making the strategic decisions hit us hard during what should've been a transformational summer. Eddie did his best with the resources he had available, preferring to play it safe with prefer proven PL players. I understand his reasons - in the situation we're in there's literally no room for expensive mistakes. High profile transfer failures can bring huge pressure on players/manager/club. 

Next summer we'll have plenty of PCR headroom when we sell Bruno and Isak, so the transformation will have to wait until then I guess. In the meantime hopefully Mitchell upgrades our scouting department and we move away from the overpriced PL pool.

Edited by junkhead

2 minutes ago, junkhead said:

I think it's clear that Eales and Mitchell have agreed to work on the targets already established by Eddie, JT and Nixon earlier in the summer. It was probably agreed after that Eddie interview in Germany :lol: He changed his tone after it and still seems very relaxed about the situation, even complimenting Mitchell and Buns. So after my initial total meltdown, I'm now cool with the summer failure. It's clear that we have salary room just for a single top level player and we have no genuine CB alternatives to Guehi. So now I'm of the opinion that it's better to keep our money for future windows..unless Chelsea are desperate tomorrow and we can get a good player in like Noni..

I wouldn't hold our apparent inability to identify and attract european talent against the club, although it kills me to watch the players Brighton have signed. Ashworth's betrayal and Amanda stepping down - losing the people that were making the strategic decisions hit us hard during what should've been a transformational summer. Eddie did his best with the resources he had available, preferring to play it safe with prefer proven PL players. I understand his reasons - in the situation we're in there's literally no room for expensive mistakes. High profile transfer failures can bring huge pressure on players/manager/club. 

Next summer we'll have plenty of PCR headroom when we sell Bruno and Isak, so the transformation will have to wait until then I guess.

It still makes no sense, why would we have apparently one RW target (Olise) and one CB target (Guehi) and that's it?

Both of those transfers were clearly going to be difficult to complete, to not have a plan B,C for both is a joke.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

It still makes no sense, why would we have apparently one RW target (Olise) and one CB target (Guehi) and that's it?

Both of those transfers were clearly going to be difficult to complete, to not have a plan B,C for both is a joke.

Not sure about Olise. If we tried there, I'm afraid it's a classic case of 'we tried'. It was clear we have no chance against Bayern, PSG, the 'top 6' etc..

I imagine we were pretty confident about Guehi, that's why we don't have other CB options. Parish gave 2 interviews to Sky, went to the talksport studio just to spout about Guehi's generational talent. He really seemed desperate to me.. 

4 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Not sure about Olise. If we tried there, I'm afraid it's a classic case of 'we tried'. It was clear we have no chance against Bayern, PSG, the 'top 6' etc..

I imagine we were pretty confident about Guehi, that's why we don't have other CB options. Parish gave 2 interviews to Sky, went to the talksport studio just to spout about Guehi's generational talent. He really seemed desperate to me.. 

I read it as- am not interested in selling unless you give me stupid money.  Then when we offered stupid money he thought 'wow they're desperate - let's see if I can get 5 mil more'

21 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Next summer we'll have plenty of PCR headroom when we sell Bruno and Isak, so the transformation will have to wait until then I guess. In the meantime hopefully Mitchell upgrades our scouting department and we move away from the overpriced PL pool.

I honestly don’t see the club as having the inability to scout and attract European talent. We have already proven we can do that. From the information available I hold Mr Howe liable for that. 

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I honestly don’t see the club as having the inability to scout and attract European talent. We have already proven we can do that. From the information available I hold Mr Howe liable for that. 

Aye that seems very likely. But SURELY somebody at the club is capable of convincing him that WE'RE BROKE and can't spend the whole budget on an overpriced, overrated defender who can't jump, while citing players like Milenkovic moving for £12m and Brajan Messi Gruda for £25m.. to Forest and Brighton, we could've attracted them. 

I'm not convinced as a club we're as attractive to footballers as we would want. 

Edited by junkhead

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

If Guehi doesn't happen, then I think there is a club out there with a quality RW that we've looked at who would snap our hand off for £40m~ and a player that would jump at what we could offer wage wise.

That's the direction I'd go.

They're out there, but not Eddie's "type" (apparently).