NUFC Transfer Rumours

So we should spend 50m on a backup CB who won’t start with or in place of Schar? If we dropped that on a player who wasn’t really going to fit long term then what’s the point when we don’t have any wiggle room? 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So we should spend 50m on a backup CB who won’t start with or in place of Schar? If we dropped that on a player who wasn’t really going to fit long term then what’s the point when we don’t have any wiggle room? 

1. So Guehi is the only CB in the world better than Schar?

2. Then how about RW?

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

1. So Guehi is the only CB in the world better than Schar?

2. Then how about RW?

1. If the manager isn’t going to play someone ahead of him or doesn’t fit with how he wants to play, then no. It’s not better. It’s a waste of money. 
2. Idk man, I’d have died for just about anyone over the current two but I’ve yet to hear the same bullshit spin about targets on cb that i have on RW so ill just sit tight on that. 

@Zeroso what do you want then? Because Eddie won’t sign off off Challobah on loan he deserves to go?  If he doesn’t want any other CB he’s being stubborn and fuck him for not listening to who? Mitchell? Who’s been here a few months?  Or our own fan opinions? He’s a brilliant football manager who has a library of how he wants to play and manage a club as we know. Without him we’d be obscure cunts.

What makes any of us more capable of making that definitive decision better than him?  Who has poured his LIFE into making NUFC the best of what it can be with the resources we have? 

I just can not and will not stand for Howe taking any heat for this. If Mitchell promised him something then it’s on him.  If Mitchell can’t get a deal done or Eales can’t finance it then it’s on them. If they can’t convince Howe to change tact, that is on them. That is their job. 

Edited by Kanji

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t want us. He wants European football. So not an option.

Yep. Mamar maybe wanted to sign for us. But when big Liverpool came calling for a permanent deal he’s taking that 100/100 over us. Just like Miggy not wanting to go to Saudi. You have to decide if you want to go to the club first ffs. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t want us. He wants European football. So not an option.

Would be a huge difference in wages too. People focus on fees only, but a difference of 100k a week on wages (just for argument's sake) would be 400k a month, or almost £5m a year.

55 minutes ago, Kanji said:

@Zeroso what do you want then? Because Eddie won’t sign off off Challobah on loan he deserves to go?  If he doesn’t want any other CB he’s being stubborn and fuck him for not listening to who? Mitchell? Who’s been here a few months?  Or our own fan opinions? He’s a brilliant football manager who has a library of how he wants to play and manage a club as we know. Without him we’d be obscure cunts.

What makes any of us more capable of making that definitive decision better than him?  Who has poured his LIFE into making NUFC the best of what it can be with the resources we have? 

I just can not and will not stand for Howe taking any heat for this. If Mitchell promised him something then it’s on him.  If Mitchell can’t get a deal done or Eales can’t finance it then it’s on them. If they can’t convince Howe to change tact, that is on them. That is their job. 

No, no, no. Hang on, I am not calling for Howe’s head for the transfer window disaster. If you remember - which I am sure no one did - I said the club should trust Howe and bring in Howe’s top target asap back in early July. Fail to do so would be a serious fuck up and Howe must be furious.

What I want to say is the current situation, no matter whose fault it is, is edging closer and closer to Howe’s exit, either we sack him for fail to finish top 6 or he asks for mutual consent

Just think

1. After last season, and considering the team needs to keep improving results / holding the purple patches, out of Top 6 finish (or no Euro competition) should result in sacking

2. We have an aging team vulnerable to injuries, and have massive hole in RW position (RCB in fact can still gamble on Schar but it’s fucking risky)

3. We got 6-70m to spend, which should be enough for most of the top class targets

4. And someone decided that we should go for the “Guehi or nothing” route

It doesn’t make sense right? 

If that’s Howe’s call, then obviously he has too much faith in our squad. You may say it’s a good thing but that also means Howe simply got no excuse this season. Out of top 6 guarantees his exit.

If that’s Mitchell’s call, then as someone suggested, it’s a red warning from the management to Howe. The club doesn’t want to back him and is preparing for something else. Per Howe’s record, we know he won’t last long - he simply doesn’t like to work in an environment without trust.

Got it?

Edited by Zero

When the dust settles on this transfer window tomorrow, providing we haven’t secured Guehi after calling Palace’s bluff, my main takeaway will be that the transfer committee didn’t think there was an alternative to Tosin, Killman and Guehi that would improve the defence.

That’s really quite damning and shows the narrow view currently held on recruitment, it’s to be hoped Mitchell now has his feet firmly under the table and can put something in place to change the approach going forward.

It’s hard to believe there’s not a better option out there at 70 million than an ageing Fabian Schar.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

When the dust settles on this transfer window tomorrow, providing we haven’t secured Guehi after calling Palace’s bluff, my main takeaway will be that the transfer committee didn’t think there was an alternative to Tosin, Killman and Guehi that would improve the defence.

That’s really quite damning and shows the narrow view currently held on recruitment, it’s to be hoped Mitchell now has his feet firmly under the table and can put something in place to change the approach going forward.

It’s hard to believe there’s not a better option out there at 70 million than an ageing Fabian Schar.

I’m fine with that in isolation personally but the narrow focus on right centre back is mad given our situation at right wing. 

so fair enough, they get the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn’t excuse not strengthening our other glaring weakness. 

Im kinda at a loss for the level of incompetence on display this window. :lol:

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I’m fine with that in isolation personally but the narrow focus on right centre back is mad given our situation at right wing. 

so fair enough, they get the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn’t excuse not strengthening our other glaring weakness. 

Im kinda at a loss for the level of incompetence on display this window. :lol:

Scroll it back to Jan. The quality of management started deteriorating since Jan when Ashworth started his leave. Now probably you would agree with what I said re mismanagement of PSR.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Scroll it back to Jan. The quality of management started deteriorating since Jan when Ashworth started his leave. Now probably you would agree with what I said re mismanagement of PSR.

Surely the PSR issues were compounded the summer before when Ashworth conducted the window ? I do think if the press are to be believed he had his own ideas on how to balance books, such as selling Joelinton and bringing in a younger replacement, but it’s very hard to judge who is culpable for this summers mess, though I do think the CEO as overriding in charge should be the one who explains this mess and communicates when window shuts.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with Dirty Dan who is self declared not a transfer guy so I don’t think it’s that. 

It seems like poor planning, over confidence from the transfer teams side, if we truly have no alternatives at all and the window closes with us signing a nothing player like Trafford it tells me they were absolutely convinced they’d have Guehi done and have been absolutely mugged off by Parish. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with Dirty Dan who is self declared not a transfer guy so I don’t think it’s that. 

It seems like poor planning, over confidence from the transfer teams side, if we truly have no alternatives at all and the window closes with us signing a nothing player like Trafford it tells me they were absolutely convinced they’d have Guehi done and have been absolutely mugged off by Parish. 

I would say it’s a level higher than that. Lack of coordination, communication, and planning as a whole. Dan is a fucking cunt, but his role is still very important, which the club should have delegate or reassign his job duty to someone or different personnel to ensure the club continues to function properly - which to me, surprisingly, didn’t happened. Some of the decisions looked disjoint or made without considering long term impact. Like what you mentioned, you believed that the club would bring in a new RW hence willing to let Minteh go to solve the PSR problem. That’s a logical plan, but it turned out didn’t exist.

We all knew Man Utd’s interest in dirty Dan for long, probably back at last Oct/Nov. We should have better preparation for the whole fiasco

Just now, Zero said:

I would say it’s a level higher than that. Lack of coordination, communication, and planning as a whole. Dan is a fucking cunt, but his role is still very important, which the club should have delegate or reassign his job duty to someone or different personnel to ensure the club continues to function properly - which to me, surprisingly, didn’t happened. Some of the decisions looked disjoint or made without considering long term impact. Like what you mentioned, you believed that the club would bring in a new RW hence willing to let Minteh go to solve the PSR problem. That’s a logical plan, but it turned out didn’t exist.

We all knew Man Utd’s interest in dirty Dan for long, probably back at last Oct/Nov. We should have better preparation for the whole fiasco

This isn’t accurate, we know when Ashworth was put in his gardens his duties were split between Nickson and Eales, I also fail to see how someone who was put in his gardens months ago explains the absolute shit shoe we are witnessing. 

We won’t ever find out exactly what has transpired so we are left to speculate. Personally I find it hard to believe the approach we’ve taken to the window wasn’t agreed by all parties. 

To focus so much time and energy on a sole target with seemingly no back up tells me they were absolutely convinced they’d get Guehi l, this same approach has also led to them looking massively incompetent. 

12 minutes ago, Lordshola said:

I’ve heard from reliable sources, that if we are to make a signing, it will definitely be today. Otherwise we will wait until the next transfer window. 

Big if true.

I think we've all known for a while nobody is joining this window.

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

This isn’t accurate, we know when Ashworth was put in his gardens his duties were split between Nickson and Eales, I also fail to see how someone who was put in his gardens months ago explains the absolute shit shoe we are witnessing. 

We won’t ever find out exactly what has transpired so we are left to speculate. Personally I find it hard to believe the approach we’ve taken to the window wasn’t agreed by all parties. 

To focus so much time and energy on a sole target with seemingly no back up tells me they were absolutely convinced they’d get Guehi l, this same approach has also led to them looking massively incompetent. 

Shadow puppets with his updates has suggested that all the indications were that we’d get Guehi eventually. Something then stalled (re price obviously) and neither us nor Parrish was going to budge. Like others i’m just baffled that we’ve let this go on for so long without a plan B. Now it looks like we’re going to be short in a crucial area and aren’t even going to strengthen RW. In a season when we’re not potentially hamstrung by European football in terms of number of games and where key players could potentially leave if we don’t get Europe next season that’s a major concern.

Edited by ExiledGeordie