Harvey Barnes

khay

23 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Doesn't worth the fee tbh. £38m for a player with a year left on his contract, plus the position is not a pressing position. We have willock, gordon, joelinton and isak who can all play there adequately. Gordon was firing in u21 euros, should've have faith in him. Barnes will probably stall his development, which is stupid given we spent more on Gordon. Besides rw is the most pressing position, and moussa diaby who is vastly better, younger, close to WC, double digits in goal contributions for the past 3 seasons, just left for slightly higher fee (€50m) to villa. Now there are no better options in the market for the rw position.

I liked you better, when you quietly stored my towels

14 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Fuck me, someone get this lad the number for the Samaritans. We're getting a close to 1-in-3 goalscorer from left wing over a 6-year period, proven Premier League performer and you piss your knickers like this?

For me it doesn't equal the excitement of seeing Henry saivet and lord Voldemort sat there ready to sign the fuckin contract 

29 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Doesn't worth the fee tbh. £38m for a player with a year left on his contract, plus the position is not a pressing position. We have willock, gordon, joelinton and isak who can all play there adequately. Gordon was firing in u21 euros, should've have faith in him. Barnes will probably stall his development, which is stupid given we spent more on Gordon. Besides rw is the most pressing position, and moussa diaby who is vastly better, younger, close to WC, double digits in goal contributions for the past 3 seasons, just left for slightly higher fee (€50m) to villa. Now there are no better options in the market for the rw position.

I trust howes judgment more personally

20 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Fuck me, someone get this lad the number for the Samaritans. We're getting a close to 1-in-3 goalscorer from left wing over a 6-year period, proven Premier League performer and you piss your knickers like this?

Too many people are giving the lad such a hard time, the same people that said ASM was giving too much of a hard time for nothing will do the same to him by the looks of it. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

For somebody who confessed to being innately pessimistic, you're not doing a very good job at it. You're here quietly joining the sunny dark side with us.

The Sunny dark side - I like that 🤣I get pessimistic during games and expect the worst but by god I love our process at the moment.

Edited by Gawalls

38 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Gordon can play on the right too, and I’m sure Howe isn’t going to do anything to stall his development. I suspect you’ve barely watched Diaby and you don’t have much of a clue as to the kind of player that the manager has been looking for. 

4 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

Gordon can play on the right too, and I’m sure Howe isn’t going to do anything to stall his development. I suspect you’ve barely watched Diaby and you don’t have much of a clue as to the kind of player that the manager has been looking for. 

Yeah!!

8 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

For somebody who confessed to being innately pessimistic, you're not doing a very good job at it. You're here quietly joining the sunny dark side with us.

@Gawalls has definitely come over to the light recently and very welcome he is too 

Just now, LV said:

@Gawalls has definitely come over to the light recently and very welcome he is too 

I just feel we’ve got absolutely nothing to complain about at the moment and to top it all off I passed a sports direct shop tonight in Loughborough and it was closing down. Just makes life better

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I heard a rumour we’ve cancelled the deal because of @Ottoman’s objections. 

More to follow. 

Do you think Howe read his post about too many left sided players and thought “aaah shit - he’s right you know”?? (My apologies but I’m half way down my second bottle of red wine)

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Do you think Howe read his post about too many left sided players and thought “aaah shit - he’s right you know”?? (My apologies but I’m half way down my second bottle of red wine)

Is it Chilean?

29 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

But Gordon is still not a rw. And what does the manager wants in the player that diaby doesn't have?

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Here’s hoping, could do with a nice drunken rant to elevate my Friday night. 

Get no rant from me but I have been sat here wandering- let’s say back in the days when keegan took over, got ten out of ten, brought us up and well we know the rest. If there was such a thing as these forums back then would there have been so much negativity?

Just now, Gawalls said:

Get no rant from me but I have been sat here wandering- let’s say back in the days when keegan took over, got ten out of ten, brought us up and well we know the rest. If there was such a thing as these forums back then would there have been so much negativity?

Probably. Football would have died when Cole was sold.