Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

10 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Think PL and CL the ones we should prioritise.

I think the cup is winnable once you get City out of the way and their second string will still be head and shoulders above what we will face today, so if you want to win both games you should mix it up today.

I don’t think any of the Sheffield United players would even get on our bench, so if we don’t get 3 points today then questions need to be asked about what Howe is doing.

14 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think the cup is winnable once you get City out of the way and their second string will still be head and shoulders above what we will face today, so if you want to win both games you should mix it up today.

I don’t think any of the Sheffield United players would even get on our bench, so if we don’t get 3 points today then questions need to be asked about what Howe is doing.

Think we need to do our best to win this game first, but thats me. PL and CL is so demanding.

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What’s the rush and desperation to see Livramento and Hall? They’ll get game time and they’ll be eased in. There’s no rush at all

the back four played well v Brentford, can’t remember them having a chance apart from the first five minutes when Pope saved from Hickey. It was a backs to the wall performance in the San Siro but they held out. 

two clean sheets on the spin, why change literally half the defence and drop our captain? It seems some people think that just because we played on Wednesday then this automatically means players but be dropped out the side. 

Sheff Utd are there for the taking, keep it as it is. Beat them, rest them v city if needed. 

The back four played well from a defensive POV, but going forward there is still not much coming from the left side. You could argue it would be worth giving Hall a try to see if he can offer more bringing the ball out.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

The back four played well from a defensive POV, but going forward there is still not much coming from the left side. You could argue it would be worth giving Hall a try to see if he can offer more bringing the ball out.

but Howe said Hall hasn’t had much pre season? I doubt he’s ready for a start. I assume if we’re changing LB it’ll be for Targett. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Sheffield are a big side at set pieces, so risk taking Burn out of the side for that.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

but Howe said Hall hasn’t had much pre season? I doubt he’s ready for a start. I assume if we’re changing LB it’ll be for Targett. 

Well from what we've seen of Targett this season, he wouldn't really offer much more than Burn. Frustrating if Hall still isn't ready though, him and Livramento were two of our biggest signings this summer.

Just now, TRon said:

Well from what we've seen of Targett this season, he wouldn't really offer much more than Burn. Frustrating if Hall still isn't ready though, him and Livramento were two of our biggest signings this summer.

it is frustrating but it is what it is. Out of Howes control if Hall hasn’t had much pre season. Not sure what Livramentos pre season was like but even so I wouldn’t be taking Trippier out the side today. 

they’re both going to be regulars one way or another. It’ll just take time. I’m keen to see both blooded in as well but there’s no rush. 

31 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Sheff Utd were minutes away from getting a point against City

31 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Man City and Spurs barely got past Sheff Utd and they have much better creative options than we do. Don't get your hopes up mate. :lol: I'm expecting a dull 0-0

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

it is frustrating but it is what it is. Out of Howes control if Hall hasn’t had much pre season. Not sure what Livramentos pre season was like but even so I wouldn’t be taking Trippier out the side today. 

they’re both going to be regulars one way or another. It’ll just take time. I’m keen to see both blooded in as well but there’s no rush. 

Whoever plays today, we need to see some better cohesion in our play. Regardless of who's in the side we've had too little movement in front of the ball, and too much space between the midfield and forward players. From back to front the passing has been too slow, don't know what the reason is but we look lethargic compared to last season.

Just now, TRon said:

Whoever plays today, we need to see some better cohesion in our play. Regardless of who's in the side we've had too little movement in front of the ball, and too much space between the midfield and forward players. From back to front the passing has been too slow, don't know what the reason is but we look lethargic compared to last season.

Agreed. Although I don’t think we’re a million miles away from it clicking again. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Agreed. Although I don’t think we’re a million miles away from it clicking again. 

Well, Howe is one of the more intelligent managers in the game, I would back him to find a solution sooner rather than later so yes, you are probably right.

Although I don't expect us to produce much magic today unless we get an early goal. We've generally struggled to create much against a low block, and it's pretty much certain that's how Sheffield will line up.

7 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Sheff Utd were minutes away from getting a point against City

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

And away to Spurs. 

7 minutes ago, buzz said:

Man City and Spurs barely got past Sheff Utd and they have much better creative options than we do. Don't get your hopes up mate. :lol: I'm expecting a dull 0-0

They sat deep trying to get a point, they will look at us as a game they can get a result from because of how bad our run has been, so I think they will be a little more attacking and open. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

They sat deep trying to get a point, they will look at us as a game they can get a result from because of how bad our run has been, so I think they will be a little more attacking and open. 

Regardless 

The point being if we did not get all 3 points then no one should be questioning Howe

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38]

Aye, Howe and his whole backroom team of professional staff who work and train with these players on a daily basis and know the exact condition they are in  needs to listen to Matt on the NUFC forum as he clearly knows more. [emoji38]