Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

So it's a must win game then.

nah because must win to me feels more like “we don’t win it’s toast for us” where as I’m simply stating a team of our ambition and goals needs to win these games. 

shefu.thumb.PNG.13175b6f96262c92d1f6a341876322e4.PNG

They are not very good. Conceded tons of xG against Crystal Palace, Man City (obviously) and Everton at home during their promotion honey moon period. Anything but 3 points would honestly be a disappointment, hoping for a good dominant performance too. :pow:

Really small sample size obviously but McBurnie has been their main danger by a mile this season, can't be a bad thing if he's out.

Edited by Pata

22 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

One of those types of game where I’ve never felt particularly confident - the types of game we used to lose in KK and BR times, too.

So hopefully I’m just being over anxious and we’ll better them

Having similar vibes, couldn’t bring myself to predict a loss or draw, but keep thinking (god knows why) of the Sheff Wed and Tranmere cup games last season. Think it is going to be a battle; hope we’re up for it. 

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

Not looking forward to this, they look hard to beat and it doesn't sound like we'll be playing our first 11

Looking forward to this, they look easy to beat and sounds like we can bring some quality into the team.

4 hours ago, astraguy said:

Not looking forward to this, they look hard to beat and it doesn't sound like we'll be playing our first 11

No such thing as a first 11 this season though really. From now on, most weeks will contain midweek games so we'll have to rotate regardless of the previous result. Other than the back 5 I don't see the same team starting 2 games in a row. 

2 hours ago, STM said:

Looking forward to this, they look easy to beat and sounds like we can bring some quality into the team.

Spurs only beat them in the 90th min,man city in the 88th they look like the best team up for the fight to stay up imo.Look hard to break down.

If botman is out i hope Lascelles comes in

Edited by astraguy

It's definitely going be a tight game and they'll be inviting us on to try and break them down, which we will struggle with. We should have enough quality to win if we click. Can just see the media frenzy and fan break down now if we don't though, instant crisis alert.