Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

He's a Boro fan, isn't he?  Does always come across quite well on that pod.  Must be difficult to remain grounded and normal.  What with every journo on there probably being the type that enjoys their own farts and would pipe themselves off if they could :lol: 

Got it on now.  Even PSG fan Laurens somehow taking our side more than that twat Guillem Ballache. 

Kind of had a point to start with, with what he was saying.  But then seemed to go more and more into saying the mistake should be accepted, because we played badly and PSG deserved to win :lol: 

Cup competitions always have teams that win games or get results when they were second best.  Real Madrid have won 2-3 CL's in my lifetime where I think they have been poor by their standards for the most part.  Liverpool in '05 were not the best team in Europe FFS.  Arsenal in the FA Cup that year (2004?) where they drew 0-0 and then beat Man U on pens?  These are just really obvious examples that have come to mind. 

Absolute nonsense from Guillem. 

6 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I thought Mbappe was very good on Tuesday mind.

He's obviously ridiculously talented and did some great stuff, but there were two occasions where I thought if he wasn't being so showy he could have scored or tested the keeper at least. There was a back heel and an attempted overhead kick from memory, though if I watched the chances again I'm possibly talking shit [emoji38]

I thought he was mainly style over substance for the most part.  Ironic that he demands to play on the left and drift about/do sod all off the ball.  But looked far more dangerous and really affected the game when he went through the middle.  Which is where Madrid want him to play by all accounts. 

Think he comes across like a bit of a bellend, TBH.  All of the stuff about being a director and supposedly having a say in how the club is run, what players are signed, what tactics they use.  Even if that's half true, that's embarrassing as fuck from PSG.

8 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

He's obviously ridiculously talented and did some great stuff, but there were two occasions where I thought if he wasn't being so showy he could have scored or tested the keeper at least. There was a back heel and an attempted overhead kick from memory, though if I watched the chances again I'm possibly talking shit [emoji38]

You're definitely correct about the backheel, he should've just buried it in standard fashion, nothing was said because it's Mbappe and it looked good.

It was one of those games where it felt like whatever they did PSG were not going to score from open play.  Reminded me of the Krul game vs Spurs and the game v Man Utd back in 1996.  Also remember a home game against Fulham under Bobby Robson where we battered them but the goalkeeper had the game of his life throwing himself at everything with the ball even rebounding off his face at one point.  These games happen.

I don’t get the accusation that we did not deserve anything because we played badly.  We were the better team for a large part of the first half and we defended very well in the second half.  It was not as if we were hanging on from minute one and it was inevitable that we would tire at some point especially after they were able to bring on fresh legs