Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

Plot twist: Turns out it was ten Hag all along. He's trying to turn the fans against the players he doesn't like with a false flag operation.

And/or he's happy to get the mega payout from a sacking and take a less toxic job.

22 hours ago, Cronky said:

Only a few months ago, Ten Haag was the genius who had landed them their first trophy, got them to another final, and achieved third place. Now he's supposedly a robotic berk who's lost the dressing room. They have to either back him fully, or make sure his replacement is a long-term one, no matter what.

This sound like us the season after Pardews 5th place. This is how football these days work, one moment you are the kind and the next you are the villain. 

the big problem man utd have now is if they fired the manager the players will feel like they have even more power. How many managers have the likes of Martial, Rashford and more f*cked over now? 

They need an overhaul like we had the first year in the championship. The players that wants to stay need to stand tall and the rest need to go. 

To be honest i love every f*cking minutes they are struggling! Wish they and Liverpool could experience a relegation and see how many off their so called fans dissapear. 

On 05/12/2023 at 08:38, Cronky said:

The Man U situation looks very stuck. Ten Haag's position looks shaky, but they may find it difficult to find a replacement of any repute, who is willing to step in to the turmoil. Rashford looks like a problem, but I don't think there are going to be many clubs eager to spend the money to take him off their hands. He'll probably be reluctant to go anyway. And in the background, you have this weird and probably unworkable plan for a minority shareholder to be part-running the football side. Disunity everywhere.

Ultimately, I think the manager needs to be made more powerful, not less. It needs a dressing-room clear-out, and because they're a bit stymied by FFP, they may need to rely on bringing through the younger players. I think they do have some talent there, but it'll mean a step back to eventually move forward, as happened with Fergie.

Only a few months ago, Ten Haag was the genius who had landed them their first trophy, got them to another final, and achieved third place. Now he's supposedly a robotic berk who's lost the dressing room. They have to either back him fully, or make sure his replacement is a long-term one, no matter what.

Not that I feel sorry for them, of course. It's just fascinating. Someone's going to write the inside story of this one day, and it will sell.

His style of play is ultra conservative, that does mean it allows other teams to control the game for long periods. Maybe it will work with different personnel but I'm not sure. Shades of Mourinho about it for me. How many teams are winning trophies consistently by sitting back these days?

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

His style of play is ultra conservative, that does mean it allows other teams to control the game for long periods. Maybe it will work with different personnel but I'm not sure. Shades of Mourinho about it for me. How many teams are winning trophies consistently by sitting back these days?

Who has? 

Apart from a few Italian teams in the noughties and Athletico? 

All top, winning teams, go at it but are still solid. 

15 hours ago, TRon said:

southgate tried it ffs.