Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: I thought this was just a forum joke. I didn’t think anyone thought it was a serious possibility.

Let's just play through our midfield at will then as has happened every time the current midfielders have played. Not rocket science it's quite obvious the three players cannot stop the ball being played through them at will. It might not have worked, but I put money on it couldn't have been any worse. 

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

But also bullshit? I can quickly say things that make no sense. We would've won that if it wasn't for the French revolution.

Doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Why's that then Bingo, because I call it how it is, you want to convince the massed ranks were a good team ? 1 in 12/ 13 doesn't make Newcastle a good side, whatever you or you ilk think, were very poor & the facts back that up 

Because there's no context to your 'we're shite' argument, none at all. Shite sides don't run Man City close.

How many top 10 top flight finishes have you seen as an NUFC fan, if you want some historical context?

Edited by UncleBingo

Can people start putting smileys in here FFS. 

It’s impossible to tell between piss taking, sarcy posts and the bed wetting brigade :lol: 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Let's just play through our midfield at will then as has happened every time the current midfielders have played. Not rocket science it's quite obvious the three players cannot stop the ball being played through them at will. It might not have worked, but I put money on it couldn't have been any worse. 

We don't have any other midfielders, or do you think trialling a new system againat the World Champions was the call?

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Because there's no context to your 'we're shite' argument, none at all. Shite sides don't run Man City close.

How many top 10 top flight finsishes have you seen as an NUFC fan, if you want some historical context?

City's bench won them the game and our lack of a bench lost it.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It will be a bit of both. They obviously committed more men forward because of them being behind, so will be taking more risks. As we got more tired, we will have dropped off further still.  

Once it seemed obvious we couldn’t get out via passing and the long ball to chase was no longer working due to tired legs and/or adjustments by them. Their tactic was to just keep players up the whole time. So we regularly had nobody even near their half. 

They always had men over and their movement and interchanging was a joke. Hard to defend against that with a high press for 90 minutes and with no viable options off the bench. 

Fair enough :thup:

It's usually a bit of both like.

39 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Bruno lucky not to get a red in first half - seems like he's getting away with it a lot and there'll be another suspension coming up 

last thing the squad needs

meanwhile City have Phillips sat on the bench for the whole game 

You can get Phillips with a £7m loan fee so what is you’re board waiting for ?

Just now, UncleBingo said:

We don't have any other midfielders, or do you think trialling a new system againat the World Champions was the call?

It's not just the world champions though that is the point.

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Kevin de Bruyne in midfield and we definitely win that 

Or Kevin de Bruyne stayed on the bench and we win it. God I hate that predictable goal scoring twat.

Just now, et tu brute said:

It's not just the world champions though that is the point.

There's still the common denominator of half a squad missing and playing 8 or 9 games more than most sides.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

You can get Phillips with a £7m loan fee so what is you’re board waiting for ?

We don’t know what the deal is though. Are they looking for a permanent deal tied in to it too, which we might not want to do. Nobody knows what the deal involves.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

£7m is a lot for 4 months.

It is but nothing in football is cheap, and it’s a cut throat business so City won’t do you guys any favours 

15 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

We are pretty shite full stop but loads on here wont accept that 

You've got completely unrealistic expectations, man. We've, through injuries, had to pretty much play the same starting 11 for a couple of months, unless you'd pick Ritchie and the likes.

We've been starting a 17 year old lad, who has done well, but he's never gonna do the job of Joelinton.

What would you do differently, out of curiosity?

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Thats extremely harsh. Dont think he is ready to be starting either, atleast not alongside Longstaff. But he has had a couple of really excellent performances this season. 

I thought Miley was decent today after a very ropey start. Showed some character to step up when we were getting passed to death.

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

There's still the common denominator of half a squad missing and playing 8 or 9 games more than most sides.

Which is exactly the reason I stated it. Do you think I would play Schar there if everyone was fit?

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We don’t know what the deal is though. Are they looking for a permanent deal tied in to it too, which we might not want to do. Nobody knows what the deal involves.

It’s a fair enough comment I can’t argue with it, but from what iv heard is that the loan fee is the sticking point.

Gutted. Positives 2 great goals by us, trippier looked like the real trippier, isak looked sharp first half (ran out of steam though), Gordon played well, botman was good, ran an excellent team close. Negatives - result and nature of it, and I must admit at times the midfield looked none existent, the ball straight through the middle of midfield was too easy for them.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I thought Miley was decent today after a very ropey start. Showed some character to step up when we were getting passed to death.

He's never let us down yet. Poor lad has got to deliver the Herald and Post when he gets home aswell

22 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

We are pretty shite full stop but loads on here wont accept that 

Your one man mission to ensure everyone sees how shit we are is hugely important in the overall process. Hope the Saudi’s find your posts.

Pluses for me were that our handful of genuine quality players who were fit and available all stepped up to show their mettle. Isak, Gordon, Trippier, Schar, Botman and Bruno all showed they belonged at this level. When we have 11 of those on the pitch then maybe we beat Man City.

Just now, Maineblue said:

It’s a fair enough comment I can’t argue with it, but from what iv heard is that the loan fee is the sticking point.

Scale it back slightly and maybe that works. I found it odd that he signed with you guys in the first place.

1 minute ago, Pablo123 said:

He's never let us down yet. Poor lad has got to deliver the Herald and Post when he gets home aswell

I thought he looked a bit lost in a couple of recent games letting players run past him which was a concern, but I like how he upped his game today in a game that hard for a midfielder.