Alfie Harrison

NSG

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's 18 not 14. I'm sure he must be capable of coming off the bench unless he suffered from some form of malnourishment recently.

We aren't even bringing a lad who we could possibly sign for £35mil and has played first team football off the bench for any meaningful minutes

53 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, people need to remember he hasn't even played U23 football yet for City. Only U18. 

And the same would apply to Miley had he been at Man City. I think it’s possible he will be getting his chance with us. 

watching some of those highlights, I think he could play as a deep lying forward as well, something similar to Isak. Let’s see what Howe does with him. 

Edited by Solitude20

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's 18 not 14. I'm sure he must be capable of coming off the bench unless he suffered from some form of malnourishment recently.

Aye, but the step up from playing U23's to PL is big enough. Imagine asking a lad who's only played U18 level to play PL football. It wouldn't be good for him at all. 

IMG_3582.thumb.jpeg.718822d01a4d84064d87c07c9f6fc5d1.jpeg

Alfie Harrison: "The size of the club & what it's got going for it is massive for me. It's got a huge, passionate fanbase & I'm looking to really push on with my career now. "If I was a kid now, looking at me signing for nufc, it's what dreams are made of"

Edited by PauloGeordio

Alfie Harrison: "Yeah I'm really excited to get going. The size of the club, the passion of the fans, the stadium, any young player in the world would want to play here"

Interviewer: "And are you excited about playing in front of the fans?"

Alfie Harrison: "Erm yeah, I just said that"

Interviewer: "That's great. And what were the reasons you decided to sign for Newcastle?"

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Alfie Harrison: "Yeah I'm really excited to get going. The size of the club, the passion of the fans, the stadium, any young player in the world would want to play here"

Interviewer: "And are you excited about playing in front of the fans?"

Alfie Harrison: "Erm yeah, I just said that"

Interviewer: "That's great. And what were the reasons you decided to sign for Newcastle?"

:lol: Wouldn’t be surprised if he actually said that. I can’t believe they haven’t gotten rid of him yet 

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, but the step up from playing U23's to PL is big enough. Imagine asking a lad who's only played U18 level to play PL football. It wouldn't be good for him at all. 

Well we're pretty desperate for bodies in CM & I saw something where he says his favourite player is Maradona, so just coke the lad up and set him loose I say. [For the record I have no formal coaching qualifications]

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Well we're pretty desperate for bodies in CM & I saw something where he says his favourite player is Maradona, so just coke the lad up and set him loose I say. [For the record I have no formal coaching qualifications]

Neither have I, I go by the old Cloughie maxim - if he's good enough he's old enough.

Not sure it was actually Cloughie who said that mind, but you wouldn't put it past him.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Neither have I, I go by the old Cloughie maxim - if he's good enough he's old enough.

Not sure it was actually Cloughie who said that mind, but you wouldn't put it past him.

In European football (soccer), Sir Matt Busby, who managed Manchester United to great success between 1945 and 1971, crafted many timeless messages. His quote, “If you’re good enough, you’re old enough” is still on the wall in the Manchester United player’s dressing room.

1 hour ago, Toon1892 said:

Your take on Howe not trusting youth is a bit bizarre? Gave Miley and Anderson their debuts last season when there were no injury problems. 

I can’t name any youngster he hasn’t given a chance to that has been on the fringe.

He’s given Hall plenty chances at left back which he’s looked really poor defensively and he’s given him a chance in cm where he doesn’t yet look strong enough.

Howe has been the best manager at trusting youth at NUFC for a very long time.

Sorry for calling you out. Just wanted to know what you’re basing your opinion on.

Hall hasn’t had plenty of chances. By any metric. How is giving Ritchie a few minutes here and there over Hall to anyone’s benefit? What the issue is, I don’t know. And I’ve said before I don’t know. Something is amiss with that one. 
Tino has had limited time given his very obvious talent and physicality . We can look at Trips and Burn’s recent performances and think they deserve to start but it wasn’t long ago at all they’ve both had problems. Significant problems. Result changing problems. 
As I said and firmly believe, Miley would have a fraction of the minutes he’s had if we were at full strength. Surely that’s obvious. 
Alex Murphy looked decent in preseason. Seen him since? He’s been on the bench. When games have been very clearly won or lost we don’t see them for 15, 10 or even 5 minutes. 
Anderson is pointless speculating about due to his very unfortunate injury. 
When Isak or Wilson have been absolutely dead on their feet and can barely jog let alone run are at a risk of muscle injury due to fatigue…..a youngster on the bench just couldn’t do any worse. Don’t see them though. 
So far this season, EH has not felt comfortable giving young players the experience.

Just now, Lotus said:

Hall hasn’t had plenty of chances. By any metric. How is giving Ritchie a few minutes here and there over Hall to anyone’s benefit? What the issue is, I don’t know. And I’ve said before I don’t know. Something is amiss with that one. 
Tino has had limited time given his very obvious talent and physicality . We can look at Trips and Burn’s recent performances and think they deserve to start but it wasn’t long ago at all they’ve both had problems. Significant problems. Result changing problems. 
As I said and firmly believe, Miley would have a fraction of the minutes he’s had if we were at full strength. Surely that’s obvious. 
Alex Murphy looked decent in preseason. Seen him since? He’s been on the bench. When games have been very clearly won or lost we don’t see them for 15, 10 or even 5 minutes. 
Anderson is pointless speculating about due to his very unfortunate injury. 
When Isak or Wilson have been absolutely dead on their feet and can barely jog let alone run are at a risk of muscle injury due to fatigue…..a youngster on the bench just couldn’t do any worse. Don’t see them though. 
So far this season, EH has not felt comfortable giving young players the experience.

What about Miley

24 minutes ago, BottledDog said:

So Ornstien's saying he's malnourished now?

Would never have happend under Bruce. :/

Such outrageous historical spin and fabrication!

"Where's all the bacon sarnies gone for the players lunch..:"

*staff member points to Bruce*

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Maybe the youngsters just ain’t good enough 

Personally think Tino is. 

Hall, I think it’s almost worth not talking about. Something seems to be going on so I wouldn’t want to put the blame at anyone’s door. 

As I said, the young forwards are most likely not good enough. But they can run. And when Isak or Wilson can’t and are injury prone, letting them chase the ball like a dog in the park for 10 -15 minutes wouldn’t surely be a detriment.

I’ll also say, if we had a full squad to pick from then it would be obvious to say that Miley wouldn’t be good enough to get a look in ahead of Bruno, Tonali, JL and Willock. 
Necessity has forced the issue though the experience will have been great for his development.

You can’t wait for a youngster to be good enough without exposing them to the experience of actually competing at that level.

Edited by Lotus

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Alfie Harrison
By now Alfie Harrison should've somehow realised what he's gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about Alfie Harrison

Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in Alfie Harrison’s heart is out
I'm sure Alfie Harrison’s heard it all before
But Alfie Harrison never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about Alfie Harrison now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to Alfie Harrison but I don't know how

Because maybe, Alfie Harrison’s gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my Alfie Harrison

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

PL managers generally don’t just throw youngsters in because they can run. Whether you agree with that or not, it’s very rare. 

They also don’t usually have squads as utterly rinsed as ours.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_3582.thumb.jpeg.718822d01a4d84064d87c07c9f6fc5d1.jpeg

Alfie Harrison: "The size of the club & what it's got going for it is massive for me. It's got a huge, passionate fanbase & I'm looking to really push on with my career now. "If I was a kid now, looking at me signing for nufc, it's what dreams are made of"

Looks like a candidate for Police Interceptors