Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yes it’s a truly a miracle a man of Ronaldo’s age is in the condition he’s in. No way he would ever take anything that would aid his ability to still play at this age 

He’s only two years younger than me and I can barely run up one flight of stairs without needing oxygen [emoji38] 

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

He’s only two years younger than me and I can barely run up one flight of stairs without needing oxygen [emoji38] 

There’s no way he’s natty. So don’t feel bad about it 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for the other Portugal players having to listen to Ronaldo throw narcissistic tantrums in every national team game and practice.

I was just typing that. It must be absolutely horrible.

Not only that, they have to allign with the narrative of him still being the best in every communication to the outside. This narrative is underlined not only by the journalists but also by an army of fans that increase his ego, nevermind that most of them dont even watch a single football throughout the year but are very vocal while defending him at the dinner table.

Every failed challenge is never Ronaldo fault as per the commentators or his deluded fans.

Last game he headed a ball backwards and they were praising his jumping abilities.

I understand the meme factor being funny but I am gutted that we destroy a fantastic generation because of him.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

There’s no way he’s natty. So don’t feel bad about it 

Obviously he is not. No natty gains the amount of lean mass he did when he went to Man Utd, in such a short amount of time.

@TenkoDaLuz for most die hard fans of football in Portugal what is the feeling towards Ronaldo these days? I imagine in the wider population of semi-interested fans he’s adored but by the season ticket holders / away fans of the top sides does he still have a lot of backing?

Just now, TenkoDaLuz said:

Obviously he is not. No natty gains the amount of lean mass he did when he went to Man Utd, in such a short amount of time.

Yes and he would not accept getting old, as you can see by his face. He will be mainlining anything he can get his hands on 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

@TenkoDaLuz for most die hard fans of football in Portugal what is the feeling towards Ronaldo these days? I imagine in the wider population of semi-interested fans he’s adored but by the season ticket holders / away fans of the top sides does he still have a lot of backing?

Your analysis is spot on.

He is defended by an army of fans that know shit about football, yet defend him blindly. Football fans, even Sporting fans, recognize he is mostly a problem at this point.

Having to be at a dinner table listening to hardcore CR7 fans - that know nothing about the sport - giving you lessons about football, is infuriating.

At this point the whole situation is just a meme. Like when a dictator is losing a war but no one has the guts to tell him that.

That is why I cant wait for this guy to retire.

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

23 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yes it’s a truly a miracle a man of Ronaldo’s age is in the condition he’s in. No way he would ever take anything that would aid his ability to still play at this age 

it’s very funny to me that he’s infinitely more washed than 2-years-older Pepe despite all the fawning over the fantastic shape Ronaldo is in.

Disgusting bloke. The fawning from comms and pundits makes me feel sick.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

it’s very funny to me that he’s infinitely more washed than 2-years-older Pepe despite all the fawning over the fantastic shape Ronaldo is in.

Disgusting bloke. The fawning from comms and pundits makes me feel sick.

Pepe is an undeniable prick but he’s been an elite defender for like 20 years. Incredible player 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Pepe is an undeniable prick but he’s been an elite defender for like 20 years. Incredible player 

he’s class and we’d have all loved him if he were on our team.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

he’s class and we’d have all loved him if he were on our team.

Yeah guy is a winner. Ramos is the same, hateful but if he played for you you’d love him