Asuming Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool are the top 3 teams in the league, who's the best of the rest??

BrianSwan

I made a potential best 11 of the chasing pack. Might have jumped the gun on a couple , but lets see...

What you think?

astonvillabest11.thumb.jpeg.e8503e5286bf639fcf42d61fe1b2d9a0.jpeg

Chelseabest11.thumb.jpeg.981163222b640410e4243733d0bcd5f3.jpegmanubest11.thumb.jpeg.1249829b3aeea0e2e2c10f78c73e1349.jpeg

newcastlebest11.thumb.jpeg.d79b484e32feaa28aa8bed4dea68df45.jpeg

Edited by BrianSwan

I wouldn't have Romero anywhere near the first 11. I don't particularly rate him. Vicario was excellent for alot of last season, but he's a liability on inswinging corners. A fully fit Botman would be certainly in with a shout at starting, although I really rate Van de Ven

Some of my reasonings for Combined 11...

GK

Emi Martinez been fantastic, won the WC, Copa, etc.. Leader, excellent distribution and on pens. Shoe in.

DF

Reece James when fit is simply the best RB in the league. Cuti Romero like Emi won the WC + Copa, hard as nails, fast. Van De Ven big man mountain, super fast, together they were the best CB duo early last season before injuries. Lisandro Martinez like Cuti and Emi, won WC + Copa, excellent on the ball, can invert to midfield in build up.

MF

Bruno Fernandes like him or hate him has been putting up stupid creative numbers for years, if he played for a clinical team he'd be great. Caiceido was part of a Brighton duo with MacAllister who ran the midfield vs everyone year before last, embarrassed the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool. Great player. Bruno G, excellent player, can do it all.

ST

Cole 'Cold' Palmer, not much needs to be said, he was a top 5 player last season in the league. Isak is the 2nd best striker in the league after Haaland, wonderful player, akin to Thierry Henry. A.Gordon super fast, super tenacious, excellent winger.

Edited by BrianSwan

Think Aston Villa will be mid-table or near it. Appreciable downgrade losing Luiz and Diaby, even with Onana in, and they'll have to do it all juggling CL play, and on the come-down from the high of last season....

Genuinely think it will be between us, Chelsea, and Tot for 4, and between us, I really think its a toss up.

Chelsea in terms of XI when all fit best for me. The XI picked there is not even close to their best XI :D 

Kepa: James, Chalobah, Colwill, Cucarella: Enzo, Caicedo: Sterling, Palmer, Madueke: Nkunku 

Just the problem they have, too many players. So there’s fair argument that Jackson should be striker. Gallagher needs to play midfield. KDB new signing. Multiple CB partners. Colwill or Chilwell at LB. Who in goal. Then mixed in with all that, the style of play to suit the main XI, because a style may suit the core, but then when you need to change it up, the others don’t. It’s all that mess which will bog them down.

Completely forgot Tosin joined them too :D He could genuinely be 5th choice CB unless they sell Chalobah, who I would happily take here.

Edited by Sibierski

On 19/07/2024 at 17:59, BrianSwan said:

I made a potential best 11 of the chasing pack. Might have jumped the gun on a couple , but lets see...

What you think?

astonvillabest11.thumb.jpeg.e8503e5286bf639fcf42d61fe1b2d9a0.jpeg

Chelseabest11.thumb.jpeg.981163222b640410e4243733d0bcd5f3.jpegmanubest11.thumb.jpeg.1249829b3aeea0e2e2c10f78c73e1349.jpeg

newcastlebest11.thumb.jpeg.d79b484e32feaa28aa8bed4dea68df45.jpeg

Is it possible to have this with the second choice / sub on each position? 

It’s somewhat premature, but interesting nonetheless.

On paper, Chelsea and Man U look a level above the rest, but games aren’t won on paper. 

Villa have a better squad in depth than we had, so they should cope better with the Champions League. They will do well to make top 4 again though. The competition is tough.

Spurs will need to recover from last season’s collapse, and I’m not sure they will. 

As for us, we have gaps in the squad that need filling. But we do have the best manager in the league (bar Pep) and he’s worth an extra 15 points to us.

Just now, Cronky said:

It’s somewhat premature, but interesting nonetheless.

On paper, Chelsea and Man U look a level above the rest, but games aren’t won on paper. 

Villa have a better squad in depth than we had, so they should cope better with the Champions League. They will do well to make top 4 again though. The competition is tough.

Spurs will need to recover from last season’s collapse, and I’m not sure they will. 

As for us, we have gaps in the squad that need filling. But we do have the best manager in the league (bar Pep) and he’s worth an extra 15 points to us.

I think you underrate us. There is absolutely no way I would swap our squad for Man U or Villa's. Chelsea I agree look strong on paper, and I think we'll be fighting them for fourth. 

I think Arsenal and Man City will be clear of everyone else this season, then 3-8th could be in any order from the rest of last seasons top 8.

We have the least money and the smallest squad out of everyone so need to overachieve whilst the other big clubs underachieve again to finish above them, unfortunately that's the way it's going to be due to FFP.

On 19/07/2024 at 23:34, toon25 said:

The fuck is this thread?

It's NWOAT. Belongs in either SNWOAT or the Daft Football Questions thread, or one of similar ilk.

Edited by Kaizero